Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2020, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Don't apologize when you aren't able to post. Just come in and join the conversation. We are always happy to hear from you! We all have busy lives and post when we can. No worries!

I was laying in my bed, feeling like ****, playing on my phone when I read the TMZ post about Kobe. I honestly thought it was a hoax. I started looking around on other sites and even went on ESPN and the college basketball stations.. nothing. Then about 20 minutes later it started popping up everywhere. How did TMZ even know? I admit, I shed some tears. How many times have I traveled with my niece and nephews, parents, teammates etc to their tournaments over the years? Devastating. Kobe is from Philly. We love him here. Watching Shaq and LeBron in tears tore my heart out. I know this sounds silly, but if Jon Bon Jovi were to die tragically, I would be a mess. I can imagine some of his true hardcore fans are devastated.

I think I would rather a wintry weekend in the snow, in the mountains to a beachy weekend in the summer. My plan was always to end up closer to the beach, but now I see myself retiring to the Poconos or Pennsylvania Dutch area.

I haven't heard of the Goop Lab! But I do like Gwenith. I finally started Mrs. Maisel. I like it so far. I'm two episodes in. I watched the Aaron Hernandez special on Netflix, but I had already watched a similar one on cable so I didn't learn anything new. I decided I think I'm going to go with Sling TV and cancel my cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
A friend texted me this evening, she’ll be in town tomorrow. We’re having lunch! Yay!
A friend of mine is going to Austin for business in March and I was going to go with her, but now I don't think that is going to happen.

$600 for a flight to Charleston is ridiculous. My niece just flew to Spain for $300!
Old 01-31-2020, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I am so sorry it’s been a rough go for you. Hopefully, 2020 will only get better for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
Hi everyone. I feel a bit embarrassed posting here as it's been so bloody long! I've had a bad couple of months. I have wanted to post so many times but I didn't know what to say. And the longer I left it, the harder it got. But I decided to bite the bullet tonight because I miss talking to you all.

I hope everyone is well and having a good 2020 so far. Here there are just over 2 hours to go until we leave the EU. I'm not very happy about it but what can we do?

Also, it's my birthday tomorrow. I have 3 hours and 19 minutes left of my thirties! I know we're doing something to celebrate, but not sure what. I had a little celebration on Monday by getting my first EVER tattoo! It hurt like hell but I really like it.

I haven't had time to get fully caught up on all the posts, but I will try.
You can’t have a bad day when it’s your birthday!! Have a phenomenal year!

Kiki... you gotta come!! That would be so much fun!

TMZ... I have no idea. They are always first and they are never wrong. It makes me sick that they broke the news before his wife was notified!
OM read something about why he traveled by helicopter. He was losing so much time in LA traffic that he was missing his girls’ events and lives. To be able to get places more efficiently, to spend more time with his family, he resorted to going by helicopter. That makes me a bit sadder about this entire thing, if that’s possible. So many lives lost. My heart goes out to his wife and girls. The little ones are so young, they won’t remember him except for pictures.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:14 PM
Loyal Fan

It's been so nice in LA the last few days - gorgeous warm weather, which is really great, but it does make me worry a bit that we're not getting any more rain (which we desperately need). It's funny that no matter where you live, there is always something different to think about when it comes to weather.

Trying to figure out what to do tomorrow for the Super Bowl. I don't feel like I have any stake in this game at all so I guess I'm just going with the flow to enjoy the festivities. I think we are going over to a friend's house for a viewing party. Everyone is supposed to bring something to eat - any ideas what might be a good thing to take that not completely over the top unhealthy???
Old 02-01-2020, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
It's been so nice in LA the last few days - gorgeous warm weather, which is really great, but it does make me worry a bit that we're not getting any more rain (which we desperately need). It's funny that no matter where you live, there is always something different to think about when it comes to weather.

Trying to figure out what to do tomorrow for the Super Bowl. I don't feel like I have any stake in this game at all so I guess I'm just going with the flow to enjoy the festivities. I think we are going over to a friend's house for a viewing party. Everyone is supposed to bring something to eat - any ideas what might be a good thing to take that not completely over the top unhealthy???
Hummus and chips? Or veggies?

We are watching from home. Our monthly game night got cancelled last night due to an illness in the host family. I’m happy to watch far away from any potential germs.

A, how’s your liver holding up?
Old 02-01-2020, 11:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I always go to chips and guac but I go with the Trader Joe's rip off frito chips as my dippers for get togethers.

It's going to be 50 and sunny in Chicago tomorrow. I'm so excited. But I actually might be driving home tomorrow not sure yet.

My liver was given a reprieve tonight after two late nights including last night when we didn't get home until 4 in the morning...I needed a break and apparently everyone else did too.

Emma, happy birthday! We love having you around but never feel guilty about being gone too long, you're always welcome to jump right in.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay - I'm going to combine your suggestions and go with hummus and TJ's frito chips (but I'm also going to add some sliced veggies too - probably carrots and bell peppers). I have a homemade hummus recipe that I've made before and was actually pretty good so I'll go with that.

Emma: Happy belated birthday ... I hope you had a fantastic day!!!
Old 02-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I grabbed guacamole at HEB. I have Fritos and tortilla chips. We’re making sausage stuffed jalapeños. They are sooo good! Enjoy the game y’all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
Okay - I'm going to combine your suggestions and go with hummus and TJ's frito chips (but I'm also going to add some sliced veggies too - probably carrots and bell peppers). I have a homemade hummus recipe that I've made before and was actually pretty good so I'll go with that.

Emma: Happy belated birthday ... I hope you had a fantastic day!!!
Old 02-02-2020, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

I'm at a little get together now. I have report cards to work on, so I brought my computer. lol My friend makes a mean chili so I am holding out for that. So many snacks. I'm trying to be good.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I got home after the first quarter was over and just unpacked so really didn't sit down until after halftime. At least it's a good game!
Old 02-02-2020, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I got home after the first quarter was over and just unpacked so really didn't sit down until after halftime. At least it's a good game!
It was a great game! So excited for the Chiefs! Patrick is from Texas and went to Texas Tech. He had a lot of ppl cheering for him tonight.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

It really was a good game (especially the second half). Very happy the Chiefs won - I was worried there for a bit but they pulled it off in the end.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Both teams are pretty likable but I'm glad for Andy Reid, and it was a good game!

I wasn't overly impressed by the commercials but they haven't been what they used to be in a long time. I liked the Bill Murray Jeep Commercial.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The entire world has an opinion on the halftime show... what say ye?
Old 02-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I haven't seen the full thing but I'm always more for the spectacle of it all, high energy, lots of choreography, crowd pleasing. I know that they've had some iconic acts on there but the Superbowl halftime show isn't the place for vocal or instrument heavy performances.

And if people are bitching about it being too provocative then I will post Scott's twitter response about it.

Old 02-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I am not a JLo or Shakira fan. But I fully agree they crushed it. It was their music, dance style, clothing style that they have always promoted. It was two Latina women celebrating their culture in dance. It was two strong women, making all the choices and looking dang good doing it. Shakira turned 43 yesterday and Jennifer is 50. Goals for days! The cheerleaders wear less clothing for every game. For the love...people just need something to be offended about.
For those saying that with the Super Bowl being the the highest event for sex trafficking, that was inappropriate and degraded women, I would say you cannot compare kidnapping girls and holding them as sex slaves to the performance of Shakira and JLo. Please. Not even the same thing.