Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2019, 01:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I just tend to wear trainers all the time. I have far too many pairs!

Is the story about the U.S. diplomat's wife a big story over there? It's terrible!

I watched the new riverdale today and I cried like a baby. It was all about Luke Perry. I finished 13 Reasons earlier too. It was good!

Also, I'm going to a fancy dress party on Saturday night and still don't have my costume so I think I'm going to be busy tomorrow!
Old 10-10-2019, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't really wear tennis shoes unless I'm working out. I have short legs so I generally prefer something with a little heel when I'm wearing jeans or whatever.

With the Trump impeachment inquiries going on right now it's all Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump every day. Though I did see Trump said it's hard to drive on the other side of the road or some bull**** like that, I mean would you expect anything more out of him? She was driving on the wrong side of the road and killed a kid, there is no reason she should have been given immunity, the US should waive her immunity and let her face the consequences.

I might start Castle Rock on Hulu. Waiting on The Crown to return next month.

So is a fancy dress party is a costume party? I hate costume parties...I always feel either over dressed or under dressed. Last time I truly dressed up I went as Alice in Wonderland, but that was like 5 years ago and this was literally the only time you could see my costume because it was at an outdoor event and I had to have a jacket on most of the night...typical Midwest Halloween weather.

Old 10-10-2019, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Yes! I hope you show up in Mr. Robot so then I can .gif you. It'll be fun.
That depends on how I look. If I look like a whale on television (the camera adds 10 pounds) then I will not be sharing it with anyone! Plus he's so tiny and I was standing right next to him. I can't wait to see how the scene turns out. The season premiere was INSANE! So good.

I know some of my genealogy... 100% German on my mom's side. Her great-grandfather came over around WWII. Then my dads side is German, French, Scottish, Welsh, & Irish. I definitely want more information and would love to connect to someone.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Why do you strain the whey? Just curious, I actually take whey protein daily in shakes. Do you use it for something else or just dispose of it?
I kept it! I got over 64 ounces off it. I strained it off so that I’d have a thicker yogurt, like Greek yogurt. It is sooooooo good! I’m definitely making more! I can put it in smoothies, or add back a little yogurt to make a buttermilk substitute.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes a fancy dress party is what we call a costume party. It's one of my best friends who I lived with at uni. He turned 40 last week and his theme is TV characters from 1979-2019. I'm going as a character from The League of Gentlemen. It's a dark comedy show, I doubt you will get it over there.

My mother-in-law makes yogurt too. And ice-cream. In fact she has ALL the kitchen gadgets!

Kiki I hope you are in Mr. Robot!!

Anyone any plans for the weekend? I'm supposed to be going out for food/drinks tonight with a group of mams from a Facebook group I'm in. I don't know any of them in real life but I need some new friends so I'm giving it a go. Even though I have severe anxiety about the whole thing!

Then I'm taking the kids to a party tomorrow, then dropping them off with my parents so we can go to 40th party. I've booked us a little B&B as the cost is probably similar to what we'd pay out in taxis there and back. I think we're going to see Joker on the Sunday before we go pick the girls back up. So a very busy weekend for me!
Old 10-11-2019, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It was 48 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited! High tomorrow is 68, we're going to Six Flags in San Antonio. Perfect weather!

I have an ice cream maker, we don't use it much. I *think* it was a wedding gift...so I've had it 20 years and not used it that many times. I will certainly be making more yogurt. It was so easy. I need to go get another gallon of milk.

Y'all. I was sooooo tired this morning. I took OM to the train station came home and decided to lay down for a few minutes... I slept for 3.5 hours! I needed it!
Old 10-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It was almost 70 yesterday and sunny and then barely got out of the 40's today. I finally got to put on the DKNY flannel sheets I scooped up at the end of last season on sale, it felt so good to be cold and sleep.

But then I mistakenly thought I'd be fine in a tank top when I left the house at 8:30 this morning for a workout, rude awakening. I mean I'm a midwest girl so I don't even usually pull out a winter coat until it's in the 20's but low 40s with no sleeves was a choice.

I did the cider mill thing today which always makes me feel like I have to carve the pumpkins I get...but I'm unmotivated as my front porch is about to be demolished at the end of the week, so...where do I even put the pumpkins while that is going on?
Old 10-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Can you put the pumpkins on your fireplace while the porch is unavailable?

Flannel sheets! It's not that cold here yet. I totally understand being able to sleep and be cold!!!! I've slept really well the past few nights!

Today was perfect!!! My kids LOVED going to Six Flags and the weather was absolutely divine! It got up to 83, but it wasn't hot. There was a nice cool breeze. I hadn't been to this SF in a looong time. I forgot it was in a rock quarry and that you can only see the rocky hills from all directions inside the park. It's like you get lost in another world. Baby Minion said, at least 5 times, how much fun he had and thank you for taking us.

We stopped at Bucee's on the way home and discovered a new thing we love from there: cinnamon yogurt pretzels. Basically white chocolate covered pretzel with cinnamon that's been mixed in. OMG! I told the kids they were terrible!
Old 10-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

A -What are you doing to your porch?

This weekend was the first weekend in a long time that I had no plans. Yesterday I tutored in the morning and then laid in bed all day watching TV and sleeping. It was amazing. But then, around 10pm I had horrible stomach cramps and was up all night. Almost went to the E.R. I feel better now but I took Imodium.

Took the dog for a long walk at the park and now I'm watching the Eagles game. They need to step it up. I have a ton of work to do. I'm getting motivated.

Mr. Robot is on tonight. Normally we would all get together to watch it but it's on so late.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm having a bunch of brick work done on the house, which also includes repairing the front porch and basically building a new chimney. I don't know how long it will take them. I'm hoping only a few days.

The flannel sheets were the right choice. I don't want to turn the heat on yet, but it's getting close. I turned on the gas fireplace today in the back family room. It hit 60 in the house and that's just a little too chilly.

The Eagles are picking it up. I'm all sorts of torn on this I love Cousins so it's always hard for me to not root for the Vikings, but having had the Lions already beat the Eagles, I need them to beat the Vikings...that shared division rivalry.

I also think there should absolutely be a rule that when your team has a bye week they can't play in a national game that takes them out of a Sunday slot the following weekend. The Lions had a bye last week and don't play until tomorrow night in Green Bay on Monday Night Football. Two Sundays in a row without NFL football, or at least NFL football that I really care about, is too long.

The Succession season 2 finale is tonight so I plan to watch that but i still feel like there's not much new out there that I want to watch. I might rewatch Haunting of Hill House or You.

Glad you're feeling better, stomach pains are the worst.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

Oh sweet Jesus. I just found out that someone I know... I won't say a friend, but definitely an acquaintance, lost her father on Friday, and then today her husband went to take a nap and died in his sleep. WTF? I can't take it. So scary and so sad.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

How old was her husband? That's terrifying.

I have to go to a funeral tomorrow. A friend of mine lost her father who was only in his early 60's. It's so hard when friends parents die, it's hard not to think of your own. A husband is even more terrifying.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Funerals suck. I’m sorry about your friend A.
Kiki, losing two people in 48 hours must be gut wrenching! That’s gonna take awhile to come back from. Her husband wasn’t sick or anything? That’s awful. So scary.

I’m not at all upset the eagles lost. Not.one.tiny.bit.

Restorative weekends are just needed sometimes. I’m glad you got to rest.

A, I hope your brick work goes smoothly and on time!
Old 10-14-2019, 08:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Oh sweet Jesus. I just found out that someone I know... I won't say a friend, but definitely an acquaintance, lost her father on Friday, and then today her husband went to take a nap and died in his sleep. WTF? I can't take it. So scary and so sad.
Wow - that is terribly sad. Too much to imagine really.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I took a last minute trip over the weekend - we drove up the CA coast and back on the motorcycle so no internet for me. It was beautiful - perfect weather and honestly, so relaxing. The motorcycle trips I've taken are honestly some of my favorite - as long as you are out of the city and in the fresh air, its awesome.

I did go to see El Camino last night - its the follow up movie for Breaking Bad. It's actually a Netflix movie but they were showing it in limited release in theaters this weekend. Not sure if anyone watched that show when it was on but I thought it was great. The movie did not disappoint either - it finally gave some closure to the Jesse Pinkman character. They brought back some of the other characters from the show including Todd (who was played by Jesse Plemons).

Amanda - if you are looking for a series to watch, The Fall is pretty good. It's an older show so I'm not sure its still on Netflix, but that's where I watched it. It's a British show with Gillan Anderson and Jamie Dornan. I know you liked Mindhunter so this is similar in the sense that she's a detective and he's a serial killer. (Sounds horrible but it was actually pretty good.)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread