Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Marriage Story and The Irishmen are Netflix productions. I think they have to have limited theatrical releases to make them Oscar eligible but then they're released on Netflix.

I'm not sure I'm in the mood to watch it but I want to see Adam's performance. It's probably super depressing.

I finally put up the rest of the Christmas decorations and wrapped the few presents I do have and did some online shopping today. I have two white elephants I have to participate in so I totally bought some bamboo squatty potties for them...because useful, but also amusing.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 12-07-2019 at 07:38 PM
Old 12-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Marriage Story and The Irishmen are Netflix productions. I think they have to have limited theatrical releases to make them Oscar eligible but then they're released on Netflix.

I'm not sure I'm in the mood to watch it but I want to see Adam's performance. It's probably super depressing.

I finally put up the rest of the Christmas decorations and wrapped the few presents I do have and did some online shopping today. I have two white elephants I have to participate in so I totally bought some bamboo squatty potties for them...because useful, but also amusing.
I love white elephant parties - the more ridiculous the better. What's a bamboo squatty potty??
Old 12-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A squatty potty is basically just a little stool that you put at the base of your toilet so you can put your feet up on it, it's supposed to be a more natural/better for you position to poop. They're usually just a white plastic but I splurged for the bamboo ones.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
A squatty potty is basically just a little stool that you put at the base of your toilet so you can put your feet up on it, it's supposed to be a more natural/better for you position to poop. They're usually just a white plastic but I splurged for the bamboo ones.
I love it - I'm going to have to remember this idea for when I need a silly gift.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

I actually want a squatty potty for real!
Old 12-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've kind of always wanted one too. I've never seen one in action but my brother had one at his new house and I was intrigued. My mom actually said she wants one so now I feel like I might just gift them to everyone at Christmas.

I watched Marriage Story this evening, holy depressing. There is an absolutely perfect/heartbreaking scene where Adam Driver and Scarlett just go at one another and have a blowout fight and it's so real, so well done. But ugh the story was really well done and because it's so realistic it's even more heartbreaking. I think they really capture the mess that is breaking up a family unit. There's also a scene where Ray Liotta and Laura Dern go at it in the courtroom as attorneys and it's so good. I feel like I was supposed to be sympathetic to Scarlett's character but always just felt bad for Adam.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 12-08-2019 at 09:19 PM
Old 12-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I actually want a squatty potty for real!
My cousin has one in each bathroom. He LOVES them.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Every year I say I'm going to pare back what I gift people but every year it seems like it's still so over the top because more people are added to the list. I'm having such a hard time finding something for my brother's fiance, she's super low maintenance, not into girly things at all that would be my usual go-to. I've just gotten her gift cards in the past but I feel like I should get her something more substantial.

They just closed on their house last week but I just don't know what they might need for that yet. Maybe I should get them something totally cliche, like a crockpot or something.

I'm such an indecisive shopper, I went to the mall twice today. The people at Pottery Barn probably thought I was crazy.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Every year I say I'm going to pare back what I gift people but every year it seems like it's still so over the top because more people are added to the list. I'm having such a hard time finding something for my brother's fiance, she's super low maintenance, not into girly things at all that would be my usual go-to. I've just gotten her gift cards in the past but I feel like I should get her something more substantial.

They just closed on their house last week but I just don't know what they might need for that yet. Maybe I should get them something totally cliche, like a crockpot or something.

I'm such an indecisive shopper, I went to the mall twice today. The people at Pottery Barn probably thought I was crazy.
Everyone is crazy this time of year! You’re in good company.

Does she have a hobby?
Old 12-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She's an ICU nurse but her "hobby" is actually she's into art, she's a pretty good painter. She has an art degree from NYU. I'd love to buy her supplies or something but I feel like she's probably pretty particular.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
She's an ICU nurse but her "hobby" is actually she's into art, she's a pretty good painter. She has an art degree from NYU. I'd love to buy her supplies or something but I feel like she's probably pretty particular.
Probably. Does she has a particular place she buys them from? Maybe a gift card from there that’s more specific...or do y’all have paint with a twist places up there? You could gift her and your brother a couples night. They each paint a piece that they can then put in their new house. It’s a gift, it’s an experience, it hits her hobby (so it’s meaningful), and they get something for the house.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That would be torture for my brother...but yeah I might have to ask him about where she shops for her supplies. She has a lot of her art in their place now.

I hate to get them something for the house for Christmas, it feels kind of like a copout gift.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

What did you all think of the Golden Globe nominations? Of course, I am thrilled for Rami. Truly deserved...he is killing it this season on Mr. Robot. Bummed that Timothee wasn't nominated for The King or Little Women. I will definitely watch the show, lots of people up for awards that I like.

My nephew was named to the All-Conference team again this year. So proud of him.

Going to Pittsburgh this weekend and then swinging by Penn State to get my niece after her boyfriend's formal, to bring her home for winter break. I already warned her NO hockey bag this time. Stinky!!
Old 12-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I honestly haven't looked that closely at the nominations other than I think it's a crime that Kit Harrington was nominated over Jeremy Strong, and they picked the wrong lead to give a nomination.

Of course happy about Adam Driver. All in all it's a lot of notable names I like so that's good. Golden Globes are always so goofy though with who they nominate. The Hollywood Foreign Press is easily bought.

Pittsburgh will be fun! I found out today that one of my best friends that lives in Nashville is probably moving back home next spring and I'm so happy. I miss her.

Literally went to Costco for batteries and some vitamins...$300 later...that store is such a trap.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Just saw the SAG award nominations. BLAH! ****ty.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread