Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2019, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If you don't like the Royal Family you might actually really enjoy The Crown. They do themselves no favors.

I'm sorry you all have been sick, it seems like absolutely that time of year. Everyone is sick around here too but having to do it on your own while the husband is away has to be no fun. I'm sorry.

This weekend is pretty much just Thanksgiving prep, as much as I can because I won't have a ton of time in the evenings this week to get much done. I bought the turkeys today and they're taking up my entire fridge, so at least I've accomplished that.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
Connie came home from nursery sicker than ever. She has just slept most of the afternoon/evening. Poor baby.

Anyone up to anything fun this weekend?
We had game night with some friends tonight. Tomorrow I have a few clients and then we are taking family photos. My mom and dad will be soo happy! Sunday we are prepping to go to Dallas for Thanksgiving. Both my kids have school on Monday. Boo!
Old 11-23-2019, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We always used to have school Monday-Wednesday and then have the Friday off after Thanksgiving. My boss yesterday was saying he needed Friday off, like I don't usually take Friday off after Thanksgiving. There's no way I could muster any energy to do anything on Friday.

I have to clean and I don't want to
Old 11-23-2019, 11:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
We always used to have school Monday-Wednesday and then have the Friday off after Thanksgiving. My boss yesterday was saying he needed Friday off, like I don't usually take Friday off after Thanksgiving. There's no way I could muster any energy to do anything on Friday.

I have to clean and I don't want to
I've literally been cleaning for the last three days - I did a full scrub down from top to bottom, including windows, appliances, floors, everything. It sucked but it sure feels good when its done.

I have seven for dinner this year - all friends (no family).
Old 11-23-2019, 12:59 PM
New Fan

Can't say its fun, But apparently I'm not the only one cleaning, I've been cleaning for the last 2 days and I still have to finish cleaning. almost finished though, so there's that and then it will be "deep" cleaned for a little while again, and at least my house smells amazing though by simmering 2 cups of water some pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and 1 tsp of vanilla.

Being sick this time of year sucks though and it definitely isn't ever fun, I'm sorry to hear that some of y'all are going through that.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Game night's in my family and with my friends never go well. They get very aggressive and competitive.

I go to my sister in law's parents for Thanksgiving. My parents go too. We all grew up together and they've been together over 30 years so it's like 1 big family. And then her best friend, who I'm close with now too, comes with her son because they have no other family. I'm actually trying to make it out to Louisville in May for his graduation.

I'm meeting friends at 4:30 for Mr. Rogers. I tutored this morning and then went for mani/pedi/eyebrows. My plan was to get to the theater in time to go in and see the first hour at least of 21 Bridges without paying, lol, but I was late so I didn't bother. If he's only in the first hour than I need to be on time. So now I'm in Panera killing time. Have plenty of school work to grade.

No big plans this weekend. Went out to dinner with my friend that lives WAY UP in North Jersey last night and sat in tons of traffic. That sucks. Excited to have nothing to do tomorrow. Maybe will go see either 21 or F vs F.

Emma -go for me. lol I would love to take a long wekend and go see this but I'm sure that won't happen. I need more adventurous friends or a guy that I would actually want to travel with.

Last edited by elherts; 11-23-2019 at 01:33 PM
Old 11-24-2019, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

When I was in Atlanta this summer, I saw them filming the Clint Eastwood movie Richard Jewell. I keep seeing the trailer now. I may have to check it out. I really don't know the story.

I did not enjoy the Mr. Rodgers movie. It was a good film, for film's sake and the acting was phenomenal but it was very deep.. and very heavy. I knew that Tom Hanks was just a supporting actor so I was interested to see how the story unfolded. Not what I expected.

My friend's brother came with us. He's actually a film critic out of Rochester. It's not his full time job but he does see like 4 movies a week! He saw 21 Bridges last week and said that he actually enjoyed it... and told me it was worth seeing. He said it was like a long Law and Order episode, but a good one. When I asked him how Taylor was, he said, "Buff." He was staying for a preview of Knives Out and I was going to go into 21 Bridges but I didn't want to wait around an hour.

I'm actually liking The Crown now. Helena is awesome, but I always like her. Finally finished Always Sunny... and How I Met Your Mother. Working on 30 Rock now. Still in my rewatches of Madmen and Sopranos. Not enjoying Madmen as much as I did the first time around. It's weird. The daughter is the best part. But DAMN Jon Hamm is hot. What an a-hole his character is though. Sopranos is still top-notch. Of course watching my Teen Mom and Real Housewives, plus Mr. Robot. Watching this terrible Eagles game right now.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know the Richard Jewell story has to do with the Olympic bombing, and I know the main actor was in I, Tonya and is a Taylor fan, that's about it.

I finished The Crown and was underwhelmed. I feel like they kind of rushed through this season to set up the inevitable Charles/Diana season 4.

21 Bridges was like a glorified episode of crime TV. There's just so much more they could have done with it. When I got home Friday, The Town was on, that's a good crime/heist movie.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
When I was in Atlanta this summer, I saw them filming the Clint Eastwood movie Richard Jewell. I keep seeing the trailer now. I may have to check it out. I really don't know the story.

I did not enjoy the Mr. Rodgers movie. It was a good film, for film's sake and the acting was phenomenal but it was very deep.. and very heavy. I knew that Tom Hanks was just a supporting actor so I was interested to see how the story unfolded. Not what I expected.

My friend's brother came with us. He's actually a film critic out of Rochester. It's not his full time job but he does see like 4 movies a week! He saw 21 Bridges last week and said that he actually enjoyed it... and told me it was worth seeing. He said it was like a long Law and Order episode, but a good one. When I asked him how Taylor was, he said, "Buff." He was staying for a preview of Knives Out and I was going to go into 21 Bridges but I didn't want to wait around an hour.

I'm actually liking The Crown now. Helena is awesome, but I always like her. Finally finished Always Sunny... and How I Met Your Mother. Working on 30 Rock now. Still in my rewatches of Madmen and Sopranos. Not enjoying Madmen as much as I did the first time around. It's weird. The daughter is the best part. But DAMN Jon Hamm is hot. What an a-hole his character is though. Sopranos is still top-notch. Of course watching my Teen Mom and Real Housewives, plus Mr. Robot. Watching this terrible Eagles game right now.
Did the episode you were in ever air yet?
Old 11-24-2019, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Did the episode you were in ever air yet?
NOPE! And two of the characters that I saw filming that day are now dead so..... lol At least I know it's actually a dream sequence so that doesn't really matter.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
NOPE! And two of the characters that I saw filming that day are now dead so..... lol At least I know it's actually a dream sequence so that doesn't really matter.
Maybe it’s later in the season...
Old 11-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe it’s later in the season...
5 episodes left. It's on tonight.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We made it to my parents. Baby minion is spending the night with friends, OM is seeing multiple sets of friends tomorrow. We have a date with our cousins to make pies Wednesday morning. Fun should be had by all.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
We made it to my parents. Baby minion is spending the night with friends, OM is seeing multiple sets of friends tomorrow. We have a date with our cousins to make pies Wednesday morning. Fun should be had by all.
Love to bake pies with family. What are you going to bake????
Old 11-26-2019, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I am not the baker in the family. My aunts bring the pies.

I'm trying to tick things off my list one day at a time so as not to be overwhelmed Wednesday but I'm so busy at work this week it's not really working out that way. I ticked getting the centerpieces off my list yesterday after my workout so there's that.

My bitch of the week is that the Canadian Railroad workers are on strike so we have multiple freight trains just sitting for the past week, not moving on the tracks for about six miles going north and south near my house. I'm about a mile and a half from the tracks but they're still blocking roads, completely and the railroad says they can't do anything about it because they have no workers to move the trains, so the railroad police are out there policing the tracks because there's who knows how much merchandise sitting in those cars pretty much unattended. They can't cross the border into Canada so they're just hanging out on our tracks here in the states. It's making my commute a nightmare.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread