Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2019, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Vanessa Kirby. As the season goes on, obviously, it's getting easier to accept the new actors. Tobias as Phillip was the easiest transition for me just because I always felt like Matt Smith was maybe too charismatic as Phillip. Olivia just has a different take on the Queen, she's not quite as hard. I just have a real problem not imagining how Claire would deliver a line every time I see Olivia in a scene.

I just feel like they could have easily gone one more season with the previous cast.

I've gotten to the point in the season where they've started introducing the new Charles and Princess Ann and those two in particular are the highlight of the season for me, seeing the next generation grown up.

The snow still on the ground is making me feel more Christmasy than ready for Thanksgiving. Some of my neighbors have already put up their Christmas lights so I guess it has them in the mood too.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving and have about 25 guests showing up. I'm running out of things to ask people to bring because there are just so many people...I'm just going to start telling people to bring desserts and booze.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 11-18-2019 at 10:32 AM
Old 11-18-2019, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
Sad that he's leaving but happy to hear you enjoyed yourself (you've been working so hard lately - you deserved some fun).
Thank you! We went downtown Saturday night, without my kids, and it was awesome! Y’all know, the kids and I are like the three musketeers. It was really nice to go somewhere with another adult where only other adults were. And he may have talked me into a shot or two.

25 people is a lot! OMG! We’re going to my parents’ for turkey day. OM has classes next Monday and Tuesday. Not sure when we’ll leave, but we plan to be back Thursday night. She wants to go to the football game on Friday morning. Who schedule game for Black Friday?!? I really hate that all those kids can’t go home for the holiday. The football team, the band, the cheerleaders... all of them have to be on campus Friday morning.

We have a few neighbors with their Christmas lights already up and on. I have no problem putting them up. Wait until after Thanksgiving to turn them on!
Old 11-19-2019, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's warmed up a little bit, like in the 40's, so the snow has finally melted and now all the leaves are starting to fall...it's so backward.

25 people is too many. I can usually do everyone at one long extended table in the dining room but that might be tested this year.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I started watching the new season of The Crown this morning before I had some stuff I had to do this afternoon. I randomly sent a tweet about it which has dominated my notifications today...so I guess others feel the same...for me it was a really rough transition from Claire Foy to Olivia Coleman. That seems odd to say considering Olivia is so great, I just thought Claire embodied the Queen so so well. This season just has a different feel...by the end of episode 3 I was getting into it a little more but I miss Claire so much.
I started watching the first episode and it was so slow and boring! Granted, I was doing other things at the same time, so I will have to try again. I kind of felt that way about last season also. I think I will give it a few eps and if it doesn't catch my interest then I may have to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I’ve had the best time the past five days! A friend from HS had an event in Austin Thursday-Sunday, and he’s been staying with us since Wednesday. OMG! We’ve had sooo much fun! I’m sad he’s leaving.
That's so fun. Is he a friend, or is he a FRIEND?
Old 11-20-2019, 12:13 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I'm really locked down on my social media because I am a teacher. I don't post all that often anyhow. I'm more of a snooper.
Understandable honestly, Speaking of being a teacher. There was one here in that threatened the kids. Crazy, there's people already out there that we have to worry about and other kids now teachers too?

Quote:
I was going to say too, I don't spend a ton of time on my personal IG much either. Obviously the Taylor fan account I run is @yourdailykistch across all social media (minus Facebook).
My personal is @shelby.d and my fan on is @wolfpackm92 I should warn you though both are a little crazy just because I'm not really set on anything and my ADD just makes it to where I post of randomness cause I don't think anyone really pays attention to my pages anyway even if i were serious and had a theme set in stone or could post better following though! you can choose to follow neither or either one doesn't really matter I was just curious. xD

Quote:
It's warmed up a little bit, like in the 40's, so the snow has finally melted and now all the leaves are starting to fall...it's so backward.

25 people is too many. I can usually do everyone at one long extended table in the dining room but that might be tested this year.
It started raining here for a couple of days but it's backwards as to when it should be coldest its 40s - 50s in the afternoon/night time 30s in the early morning/morning times. Got some leaves that are refusing to fall yet.

25 people sounds insane, Course I remember when our Thanksgiving/Christmas used to be like that. now its everyone doing their own thing, which for the sake of arguments. I appreciate especially when it's just me, my mom, and a few other people I'd rather celebrate it with instead of grouchy relatives.

Last edited by Royalnation; 11-20-2019 at 12:21 AM
Old 11-20-2019, 12:20 AM
New Fan

Double post. Gosh dang it phone.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's just you invite people every year and some years they can come and some they can't and then once they've been invited once it's hard to say no when they ask about it that year...so, yeah, 25.

We had a coyote attack a big dog this week, like a 70 pound dog and it had over 25 puncture wounds. There were four coyotes that attacked it, but the guy said they didn't look like straight coyotes so it now sounds like the DNR is looking into that we might now have Coyote/Wolf hybrids roaming our neighborhood, which is lovely.

I have no theme on instagram, I definitely just post whatever whenever. I usually post more when I'm traveling.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I started watching the first episode and it was so slow and boring! Granted, I was doing other things at the same time, so I will have to try again. I kind of felt that way about last season also. I think I will give it a few eps and if it doesn't catch my interest then I may have to be done.

That's so fun. Is he a friend, or is he a FRIEND?
He’s more than a friend, he’s family. Nothing romantic. We share a birthday. We’re about 11 hours apart.

Coyote/wolf sounds like bad news. Keep Grizzy safe!
Old 11-21-2019, 03:34 AM
New Fan

Quote:
It's just you invite people every year and some years they can come and some they can't and then once they've been invited once it's hard to say no when they ask about it that year...so, yeah, 25.

We had a coyote attack a big dog this week, like a 70 pound dog and it had over 25 puncture wounds. There were four coyotes that attacked it, but the guy said they didn't look like straight coyotes so it now sounds like the DNR is looking into that we might now have Coyote/Wolf hybrids roaming our neighborhood, which is lovely.

I have no theme on instagram, I definitely just post whatever whenever. I usually post more when I'm traveling.
I could understand that, with finding it hard to say no once they've been invited but at the sametime oof that sounds over whelming a little bit especially with all the loud chatter to my introverted self.

Yikes, I would say I love Coyotes/Wolves but I've also never seen one in person before, although part of me keeps hoping I do, I would love to partly....but ouch poor dog hope he turns out okay. Keep your pupper safe and everyone else!

Glad I'm not completely alone in that department then..

Quote:
He’s more than a friend, he’s family. Nothing romantic. We share a birthday. We’re about 11 hours apart.
I would love to know someone that shares my birthday and lives near me!
Old 11-21-2019, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I at least found out last night that two will be bowing out prior to dinner to go elsewhere, so there's that. But it's still a lot of people to have around. And I know it's not going to be warm enough to hope that people could mill around outside in the back yard on the porch.

My initial reaction when I first see a coyote randomly is that, there's a dog I need to help save. But then you look closer and yeah, they just like a little more mangy, they kind of slink when they walk. I actually saw one on the way to work today. They're so bold now because they were born in this area and are just used to humans. I had a deer not move when I went out in the backyard a few days ago, she actually startled me because she started to approach me thinking I had food.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalnation (View Post)
I could understand that, with finding it hard to say no once they've been invited but at the sametime oof that sounds over whelming a little bit especially with all the loud chatter to my introverted self.

Yikes, I would say I love Coyotes/Wolves but I've also never seen one in person before, although part of me keeps hoping I do, I would love to partly....but ouch poor dog hope he turns out okay. Keep your pupper safe and everyone else!

Glad I'm not completely alone in that department then..

I would love to know someone that shares my birthday and lives near me!
While I was in choir, in HS, there were three of us with the same BD. Now, I have 4-5 friends with my birthday. I love it!
Old 11-21-2019, 05:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
While I was in choir, in HS, there were three of us with the same BD. Now, I have 4-5 friends with my birthday. I love it!
That sounds Awesome honestly.

Quote:
I at least found out last night that two will be bowing out prior to dinner to go elsewhere, so there's that. But it's still a lot of people to have around. And I know it's not going to be warm enough to hope that people could mill around outside in the back yard on the porch.

My initial reaction when I first see a coyote randomly is that, there's a dog I need to help save. But then you look closer and yeah, they just like a little more mangy, they kind of slink when they walk. I actually saw one on the way to work today. They're so bold now because they were born in this area and are just used to humans. I had a deer not move when I went out in the backyard a few days ago, she actually startled me because she started to approach me thinking I had food.
Even with 23-22 people that still would suck, especially being all in the house, I think I would still feel overwhelmed with that. Something I'm trying to work on and I think unfortunately failing at.

My reaction would probably be something similiar that or along the lines of exclaiming how cute it was/is. Deer are a pretty common occurrence here too because they're so used to people feeding them. You can literally walk up to one and pet it because they expect you to have food. I personally haven't done that, because the bucks and spikes scare the crap out of me, but I've seen others do it.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Hello girls. Hope everyone is ok. I must confess I haven't had time to catch up with this thread but I wanted to pop on because it's '21 Bridges' day!

I've had such a hard week, both of the girls came down with illness on Sunday evening, just to coincide with my husband flying off to San Francisco on Monday morning for the whole week! So they've been off school all week (although they went back today) and I've been ill myself since Tuesday. Luckily my mother-in-law and my mam shared looking after the kids yesterday and I managed about 31 hours in bed! I feel a lot better today, still not 100% but I'm hoping to get the girls to the cinema at 5 because I've got us tickets for Frozen 2.

I've never actually seen an episode of the Crown, although it's on my list. I'm just not that down with the royal family . . .

Anyway, I must dash to pick up connie from nursery. Catch up properly later.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
Hello girls. Hope everyone is ok. I must confess I haven't had time to catch up with this thread but I wanted to pop on because it's '21 Bridges' day!

I've had such a hard week, both of the girls came down with illness on Sunday evening, just to coincide with my husband flying off to San Francisco on Monday morning for the whole week! So they've been off school all week (although they went back today) and I've been ill myself since Tuesday. Luckily my mother-in-law and my mam shared looking after the kids yesterday and I managed about 31 hours in bed! I feel a lot better today, still not 100% but I'm hoping to get the girls to the cinema at 5 because I've got us tickets for Frozen 2.

I've never actually seen an episode of the Crown, although it's on my list. I'm just not that down with the royal family . . .

Anyway, I must dash to pick up connie from nursery. Catch up properly later.
I'm so sorry y'all have been sick. That's no fun, and when your husband is gone! Of course. I'm glad your MIL and mom were able to help. Is it premiering there today as well? I saw someone post to yourdailykitsch that Russia wasn't getting it until December 5th.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm so sorry y'all have been sick. That's no fun, and when your husband is gone! Of course. I'm glad your MIL and mom were able to help. Is it premiering there today as well? I saw someone post to yourdailykitsch that Russia wasn't getting it until December 5th.
Yes it's out here today! I know it's not getting great reviews but it will be my first time seeing him on the big screen so I'm still looking forward to it.

He gets back on Sunday night but I think the flight is about 11 hours or something then a 4 hour wait in Dublin before flying back up to Newcastle. I'm not the best flyer so I'd hate that. He will probably sleep the whole time!

Connie came home from nursery sicker than ever. She has just slept most of the afternoon/evening. Poor baby.

Anyone up to anything fun this weekend?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread