Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 07:59 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Royalnation, you MUST start voting! It’s your duty as an American. Assuming you’re a woman (apologies if you aren’t), look at it this way: Too many women fought and sacrificed so much for you to have the right to vote. Sorry, I don’t know your circumstances and I don’t mean to be pushy. I just feel very strongly about it.
The assumption is correct I'm all woman. I would probably vote if I felt like it would make a difference, but from where I live it probably wouldn't even make a difference... I've thought about registering to vote before but I just don't know that much about politics, and already there pushing for the ban yet again on the 30$ car tab they wanna keep it at the outrageous price.

Supposedly we're done with our cold stretch here but we're also almost done with our dry stretch we're headed back into the low 40's to higher 40's at night, and expecting rain somewhere along the line.

I can't say we've had any outrageous problems as far as chipmunks or anything like that. But I did suffer some scratches from my cat with rearranging my room around, because she tried to get after a spider that I think (loosely used word) might black widow spider, Can't say for sure because I couldn't identify any red hourglass or red dot from it, but it sure as heck didn't like the light that's for sure. I seen it when I was taking the drawers out of my dresser so I could move it, and seen it when I took the last drawer out. Tiny creepy being that if I hadn't moved my dresser I probably never would've knew it was in there.
Royalnation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
A childhood friend I hadn't seen in awhile I met up with the other night and she revealed to me she'd had a miscarriage over the summer, that she was almost six months along and miscarried. I don't know if it's just because I'm at that age where all my friends are having babies, but the number of them that have had late term miscarriages is startling. Maybe people just don't openly talk about it but early miscarriages, sure, I knew were common. I can count at least five friends, even a few who have had to deliver stillborn, that have had late term miscarriages. It's so sad.
Unfortunately, I know all too much about miscarriages. Horrific at any stage but I can't imagine getting passed the first trimester and then miscarrying.

In New Jersey, we actually have a 4 day weekend this time every year. It's called Teacher's Convention because there is a huge convention in Atlantic City going on right now, but we aren't required to go. It's more like a fall break.

My mom was a pain in the ass tonight complaining about the cold at the game. We got KILLED. We were 7th seed and they were 2nd seed. Not pretty. At the end, the seniors we all sobbing, and running over to hug their parents etc. My nephew didn't shed a tear. But he has basketball still to come. Only 3 players on the football team play basketball. But a lot play lacrosse so there's that. I guess my nephew isn't very emotional.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've had family members who have had early miscarriages, which I feel like more and more people talk about. It's just those later term miscarriages that I've been seeing so many...I have two friends who each lost two babies late term, each of them had to deliver one of them stillborn. I just can't imagine.

I had to get out and do some yardwork this morning since we're supposed to get "significant" snow on Monday. I still had flowers that weren't pulled, leaves that are all over the place...if it's going to snow five inches I'll never get out to get them taken care of after that happens.

Sorry your nephew lost, that's tough. I remember those last games being hard regardless of the outcome but still harder when you're bounced out earlier then you feel you should be.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

They had a great season. The team they played last night was phenomenal, and I think I saw one of the Housewives of New Jersey's daughters there. She must go to that school. Way up in North Jersey.

Now that I am alone, I am rewatching The King. I hope he gets nominated for either this or Little Women but right now he's not in the top 5, topish though so you never know. I love Brad Pitt but I'm already getting annoyed that he's getting top slots for ...Hollywood. He barely had any acting to do in that movie. He's part was bland. I'm still not over the trauma of last years Best Supporting Actor nominees.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hate that they lost! No one wasn’t to end the season like that. And last game, cuz senior.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

So I just started seeing a new guy a few weeks ago. I will call him #####. lol As per usge.... nothing serious. But tonight I went to the local ice cream place because I had a craving. There were 3 father and daughter couples in there. Probably college kids with their fathers. Why no mothers around, I have no idea. Was a little strange. So anyhow, they are eating their ice cream as I'm ordering and the one keeps looking at me like he know s me. He was cute so I was looking back, inconspicuously of course. Meanwhile I have a bun on top of my head, no make up, big ski jacket etc. etc. So I hear the daughter saying.. go talk to her, go talk to her or something like that. Finally, as I'm leaving, he says, "Excuse me.. you look really familiar. Do we know each other?" I couldn't place him and finally he asks my name and I tell him.. and the daughter goes.. "Ohhh your Uncle ######s new friend." I about died. I played it off really well. hahahahha I'm still in shock. He looks like his brother but this guy was WAY hotter. Apparently, ###### showed them my picture on Facebook. Hot brother is married anyhow. I'm dying!!!!!!

Last edited by elherts; 11-09-2019 at 10:38 PM
elherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
So I just started seeing a new guy a few weeks ago. As per usge.... nothing serious. But tonight I went to the local ice cream place because I had a craving. There were 3 father and daughter couples in there. Probably college kids with their fathers. Why no mothers around, I have no idea. Was a little strange. So anyhow, they are eating their ice cream as I'm ordering and the one keeps looking at me like he know s me. He was cute so I was looking back, inconspicuously of course. Meanwhile I have a bun on top of my head, no make up, big ski jacket etc. etc. So I hear the daughter saying.. go talk to her, go talk to her or something like that. Finally, as I'm leaving, he says, "Excuse me.. you look really familiar. Do we know each other?" I'm couldn't place him and finally he asks my name and I tell him.. and the daughter goes.. "Ohhh your Uncle ######s new friend." I about died. I played it off really well. hahahahha I"m still in shock. He looks like his brother but this guy was WAY hotter. Apparently, ###### showed them my picture on Facebook. Hot brother is married anyhow. I'm dying!!!!!!
You’re famous!
Old 11-09-2019, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
You’re famous!
I'm still super weirded out. And I haven't heard from him either which means his brother didn't call him or he's mad at me for eating ice cream! We are supposed to be Ketoing together. My friend was asking if they looked alike since I thought I recognized him. YES. Definitely except the brother is the hotter version. Now I feel slightly turned off of this guy.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That would be so weird. Like I imagine going on a date with a guy a few times and then someone approaches you and you have no idea who they are but they know things about you. But it never fails that I'll run into someone I know when I look like crap or I'm getting like my one junk food meal of the week.

I"m so not ready for snow but we're supposed to get 5-6 inches tomorrow. Our cottage is supposed to get over a foot. I'll always say it's too early but I can't remember the last time we had a snow storm prior to Thanksgiving.

I finished season one of Castle Rock, per usual with Stephen King, it kind of fell off the rails for me at the end. I started Season 2, forgot Paul Sparks was in this...Rory was in season one too, must share a Waco casting director.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I'm still super weirded out. And I haven't heard from him either which means his brother didn't call him or he's mad at me for eating ice cream! We are supposed to be Ketoing together. My friend was asking if they looked alike since I thought I recognized him. YES. Definitely except the brother is the hotter version. Now I feel slightly turned off of this guy.
That’s the end of that relationship.

A foot of snow?!? That’s crazy to me. Some years thanksgiving is in shorts...

It’s 72 here today... it was 44 on Friday. I.can’t with this weather.

OM has school tomorrow, but Philip and I are off. I need it too. I am so tired after being with people all day Friday and Saturday. It exhausts me. It was great, and I made some awesome connections. But this introvert needs to recharge. Baby Minion’s bday is Thursday. We are going to his favorite museum and I promised him Chinese for dinner. A hard request here. They have a lot of Thai and sushi...not much great Chinese. I need a really good egg roll! We’re gonna have to buy some from our favorite place in Dallas and bring them back to put in the freezer.

OM is applying to a study abroad program for a Maymester. She’ll be going to Ireland for a month in June if she gets accepted. They said we should know by Thanksgiving.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's going to be a shock to the system. Flurries or snow showers with some snow on the grass is one thing. Tomorrow is going to stink, it's supposed to snow all day. I don't even know where my gloves are or my snow boots. I haven't even pulled down the shovels from the rafters in the garage yet.

I'll have to look back and tell you what place Taylor frequented for Chinese, it looked good! I miss Chinese food, I probably haven't had it in years but I've been going to the same family restaurant since I was a kid. They're my absolute fav.

A study abroad program would be awesome! I had a lot of friends that did it and loved it.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

My niece is doing Study Abroad in the spring. She's going to Spain. BUT apparently her boyfriend didn't get into the program so I hope she doesn't not go because of that.

We had a nice little laugh about the ice cream incident. His brother said I was adorable. Ha. That word has NEVER been used to describe me. That's for petite little things. I told him to tell his brother that's HE'S adorable. Ha. Just kidding.

I got paid $1800 from the enrichment center that I work at and now I CAN'T FIND THE CHECK! UGH!

I've had 4 days off and I don't want to go in tomorrow. I barely got anything done all weekend. I have parent/teacher conferences this week and it's the end of the marking period. This is a teacher's Hell Week.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hopefully she’ll go! That would be a silly reason to not go, but that’s me, as an adult, saying that.

Losing a check is never good! Check your car, handbag, pockets...

Quote:
My niece is doing Study Abroad in the spring. She's going to Spain. BUT apparently her boyfriend didn't get into the program so I hope she doesn't not go because of that.

We had a nice little laugh about the ice cream incident. His brother said I was adorable. Ha. That word has NEVER been used to describe me. That's for petite little things. I told him to tell his brother that's HE'S adorable. Ha. Just kidding.

I got paid $1800 from the enrichment center that I work at and now I CAN'T FIND THE CHECK! UGH!

I've had 4 days off and I don't want to go in tomorrow. I barely got anything done all weekend. I have parent/teacher conferences this week and it's the end of the marking period. This is a teacher's Hell Week.
Y’all don’t have Veterans Day off?
Old 11-10-2019, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I just had an ad pop up on here with a picture of a blanket that says this is my hallmark Christmas movie watching blanket.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We never had Veteran's Day off. I wish I had today off, they keep upping the snow totals. The drive to work was not fun the drive later in eight inches of snow will be worse.

Speaking of blankets, does anyone have a weighted blanket? I know they were really hyped up last year. I was just thinking about getting one.
Reply   Post New Thread