Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalnation (View Post)
I really need to work on keeping up with this more I'm literally slightly so far behind it's not funny.

What kind of rugs do you guys have? We have concrete tile flooring in one portion of our house, which is the first I've ever seen for a kitchen/dining/hallway area. And I'm guessing it's gonna be a hell of a B to bring up if we ever wanted to put new flooring down. At this point, I don't even know where to start TO bring it up if I wanted to. The price for rugs though is insane even for like a little foot rug. But we have rag rugs, and they have yet to curl up since the past 2 years, but they slip a lot because we have nothing underneath them.

Amanda - that's amazing news about your cousin for being in remission, and Awe I'm glad he can stay in the Air Force! That's also good news that he caught a break there.

Kayla - If I'm not mistaken I read somewhere that you live in Texas? Where about? I'm just curious now cause you said it gets dark for you by 5:30 and that's about the same for me! It's crazy just a couple of days ago it was dark "One hour later" it threw me for a loop for a little when I asked Alexa what time sunset was Saturday and she said almost 6 and for Sunday it was 4-5.
I'm in Austin! I feel like it's midnight, but nope... it's 5:57.

I JUST remembered I have to go vote!!
Old 11-05-2019, 04:44 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I'm in Austin! I feel like it's midnight, but nope... it's 5:57.

I JUST remembered I have to go vote!!
What's it like down there? We're thinking of moving somewhere around there. I know it's insane! You think it's super late but it still in the afternoon! Still not something I'm used to. XD

Have fun! I haven't voted in a while cause I didn't wanna register too.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

In college I loved living basically the furthest I could west in the eastern time zone, but yeah it's dark here in Michigan around 5:30 right now. Chicago is the worst though, it's like 3:45 and getting dark.

I have various area rugs, but yeah, they're so expensive. I have a few 10 x whatever rugs and they were upward of $300.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’m from Dallas, and I LOVE Austin. We just moved here in August. I’ve always loved Austin though. It wasn’t quite dark at 5:30 today. Closer to 6:30. It’s still too soon for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalnation (View Post)
What's it like down there? We're thinking of moving somewhere around there. I know it's insane! You think it's super late but it still in the afternoon! Still not something I'm used to. XD

Have fun! I haven't voted in a while cause I didn't wanna register too.
The voting place I went to said they’d had about 350 people all day... more than she thought they would have.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:16 PM
Loyal Fan

It's dark in LA at about 5:30pm now - I hate it. It's only 8:12pm now and I feel likes its midnight (I'm exhausted). And if I go to bed now, I'll be awake at 3am.

I finished Jack Ryan - not too bad actually. Will probably start the second season as it was just released last week.

I also went and saw Western Stars - the Bruce Springsteen movie. Having grown up in Philly, Bruce is in my blood. At least when I was growing up there, Bruce was required listening - kinda like Willie in Texas. The movie was good but probably only if you like Bruce.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I shouldn't say it's dark at 5:30...I know that when I left my gym this evening it was about 6:30 and completely pitch black. Usually the earliest it gets dark here is right before 5 in December. It's so depressing. I have seasonal depression so this starts to weigh on me after awhile. The cold temperatures, cloudy days and darkness just get to me.

I finally had to turn on the heat. I mean it's been in the 30's at night but it was going down into the 20's tonight and I know it would drop below 60 in the house if I didn't turn it on.

I started the first season of Castle Rock. I have no idea why I didn't start it sooner, it was one of those that I always thought I'd watch and then never got around to it. I didn't think it would be so scary/creepy but that was dumb of me considering it's a Stephen King series. So many notable actors in this series.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I never heard of Castle Rock - where is it streaming???
Old 11-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hulu. Season two is airing right now and I hate that Hulu does week to week, so I usually wait to binge it all at once. Lizzy Caplan, who I love, is the main character in season 2.

Andre Holland, who I loved in The Knick and was so great in the movie Moonlight, is the main character in season one. But just a lot of recognizable faces, Sissy Spacek, the actor that plays Pennywise in 'It' is in this season too.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:24 AM
New Fan

Wow.. I wish it would still get dark here at around that time, the latest it gets completely pitch dark is like shortly after 5, course that could just because we're surrounded by nothing but Evergreen trees and ferns (which get boring to look at after nearly 10 years of just the minor difference in some of the sets of ferns and trees with 2 moves mind you when you miss the true Autumn colors in the trees) with sunset being close to 4:40. Gonna be like that til like Jan-Feb for me. I'm sorry you suffer from Seasonal depression though A -

I'm kinda looking forward to the snow ... being that we get any, Because we hardly get any in the "Evergreen" states it doesn't feel like Thanksgiving/Christmas to me without snow.

Mom and I just finished Mr. Brooks, with Kevin Costner with Kevin being one of her favorite older actors that was one she hasn't seen before and it was definitely a brain teaser, with a little on the disturbing side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I shouldn't say it's dark at 5:30...I know that when I left my gym this evening it was about 6:30 and completely pitch black. Usually the earliest it gets dark here is right before 5 in December. It's so depressing. I have seasonal depression so this starts to weigh on me after awhile. The cold temperatures, cloudy days and darkness just get to me.

I finally had to turn on the heat. I mean it's been in the 30's at night but it was going down into the 20's tonight and I know it would drop below 60 in the house if I didn't turn it on.

I started the first season of Castle Rock. I have no idea why I didn't start it sooner, it was one of those that I always thought I'd watch and then never got around to it. I didn't think it would be so scary/creepy but that was dumb of me considering it's a Stephen King series. So many notable actors in this series.
I'm not sure if its directly in Austin we really wanna move, or just somewhere in Texas, Kind've in that time in life where you wanna move and get away from it all to start over ya know? Long story behind that.
Quote:
I’m from Dallas, and I LOVE Austin. We just moved here in August. I’ve always loved Austin though. It wasn’t quite dark at 5:30 today. Closer to 6:30. It’s still too soon for me.

The voting place I went to said they’d had about 350 people all day... more than she thought they would have.
Now you're kind've made me sad I'm not registered to vote. Buuuuuut I never really understood Politics for one besides never registered.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We've had white Christmas's the last few years, and usually it'll be cold enough but there were a lot of years growing up where we didn't have much snow. You go north in Michigan and it's always white but here it just depends. Lately it seems like the snowbelts have kind of shifted further inland and we get a lot of lake effect snow, so when that machine starts up, which it's about to with how cold it is this week, we'll get a good amount of snow without any storm systems moving through. Where I lived in college in Michigan it would be an unusual day if we didn't have a fresh one or two inches of snow on the ground every other day.

I was just talking with a client today, complaining about how cold it's gotten so early and how we don't know why anyone lives here...if I had to choose to move somewhere it would probably be the Carolinas. I love North Carolina and would move there in a heartbeat.

We had our local mayoral and city council election. The last council and mayor made some sweeping changes to zoning rules in my city and it's led to a lot of new building, which is nice, but also we're losing a lot of green too. Our high schools are at capacity because they're such a desirable district to be in and it's just going to get worse if they're putting in more housing...so this race actually felt like it meant something. That being said, I feel like these small elections people just don't care.

I was voter number 95 at almost noon in my precinct. My city's population is upward of 80,000. Not great numbers.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:18 PM
New Fan

I wanna say that's what we get since live near the ocean on on side and an inlet on the other. So it's rare for us to get snow, We get more Rain than anything else.So when it does snow my inner kid comes out and I act like its the greatest thing in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
We've had white Christmas's the last few years, and usually it'll be cold enough but there were a lot of years growing up where we didn't have much snow. You go north in Michigan and it's always white but here it just depends. Lately it seems like the snowbelts have kind of shifted further inland and we get a lot of lake effect snow, so when that machine starts up, which it's about to with how cold it is this week, we'll get a good amount of snow without any storm systems moving through. Where I lived in college in Michigan it would be an unusual day if we didn't have a fresh one or two inches of snow on the ground every other day.

I was just talking with a client today, complaining about how cold it's gotten so early and how we don't know why anyone lives here...if I had to choose to move somewhere it would probably be the Carolinas. I love North Carolina and would move there in a heartbeat.

We had our local mayoral and city council election. The last council and mayor made some sweeping changes to zoning rules in my city and it's led to a lot of new building, which is nice, but also we're losing a lot of green too. Our high schools are at capacity because they're such a desirable district to be in and it's just going to get worse if they're putting in more housing...so this race actually felt like it meant something. That being said, I feel like these small elections people just don't care.

I was voter number 95 at almost noon in my precinct. My city's population is upward of 80,000. Not great numbers.
My mom was born up around that area! She tells me how it used to snow feet at a time, or it wasn't like the rare snows today where it took forever to get feet of snow. They used to be lucky if they could open the garage or front door because the snow would pack up.

I don't think anything really up for a vote in my city but the surrounding cities like Tacoma and Bremerton and the rest of the surrounding areas there some discussion going on and upset.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If you make it up to about mid-Michigan and north they have two sets of mailboxes, one set at the regular height for summer and then another about five/six feet high for the winter.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We didn't have any people on this ballot. We had 10 state propositions, 1 city one, and 2 county items. People just don't turn out as much for those votes.
I feel like these are just as important, they are deciding some big things. One of the props was regarding income tax, which we do not have a state income tax in Texas. I can't imagine a day when we would...
We also had a prop to allow retired K9 dogs to be adopted by their handler. Apparently, right now, they cannot be. Those puppies spend most of their life with these people. I would hate for them to be separated.

I had a client earlier today, she was so sweet. I'm working the kinks out of my process. She's a local blogger and is going to post about her session!! I am so excited!!

I have another client right now...they are late. Not a good start. I hate late.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I had a client earlier today, she was so sweet. I'm working the kinks out of my process. She's a local blogger and is going to post about her session!! I am so excited!!
That's great PR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
I also went and saw Western Stars - the Bruce Springsteen movie. Having grown up in Philly, Bruce is in my blood. At least when I was growing up there, Bruce was required listening - kinda like Willie in Texas. The movie was good but probably only if you like Bruce.
I need to go see this too. Bruce came to an opening show in the town that I teach in. I even thought of going to that showing. Of course I didn't. He also goes to the gym around the corner from my school. Everyone has seen him there, but I don't belong.

That's great news about your cousin!! Yay!!
Old 11-06-2019, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
That's great PR.