Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2019, 01:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow! How exciting!
Old 08-15-2019, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

At least you only needed one truck in the long run! I hope the move is going well.

I'm so ready for the weekend. I haven't been home on the weekend in like a month, I need to get things together around here but Mindhunter hits Netflix this weekend which will mean I'll be pretty unproductive.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It’s been a day! I was up at six and it’s now 1:30 the next morning.
We are here and unloaded! AC is not working properly. It was over 90 upstairs for awhile. AC guy is coming at 8:30 to look at it. Both the minions fell asleep downstairs where it’s about 10 degrees cooler.
I’m exhausted.
Going to bed.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hope the AC gets worked out, but it's a lease right? The landlord should take care of that, hopefully.

Nothing worse than coming into a house where you're already sweaty and gross from moving to an even hotter space. Upstairs in that kind of heat is unbearable.

My workout on Tuesday totally killed me. My legs were a little sore after the first day, to be expected with all the lunges and squats we did...but I was not prepared for the arm and ab pain, it's just setting in now, two days later. Ugh, it's so painful. Now I have an excuse to lay around all weekend.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:19 PM
Loyal Fan

My legs are finally feeling back to normal since returning from my backpacking trip so I went to the gym for the first time this week. I'm definitely back to the place where it felt good to be there - I couldn't have done it earlier in the week so I'm glad I didn't push it. I did have to teach this past Tuesday night when I was still really sore - not fun teaching yoga when you can barely sit cross-legged on the floor.

Kayla - hoping the AC gets fixed. I have a few friends in Texas and they've all been complaining about the heat. It doesn't look like its going to let up for awhile either.

I finally saw the trailer for the second season of Mindhunter. Cannot wait to dig into that one. I noticed that it seems the season covers the Atlanta child murders that occurred during the 70s. I don't know if any of you listen to true crime podcasts, but there was a great podcast on that time in history (I think it was called "Atlanta Monster.")
Old 08-16-2019, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm about to get started on Mindhunter. I had to watch the finale of Handmaid's Tale. I'm so behind on everything. I've heard there's a good podcast on these murders. It's not something I'm very familiar with so I'm looking forward to this.

I messaged my trainer yesterday and said me being there would be a total waste of time. I could barely bend down. I couldn't put my arms over my head. Unless I was walking there wasn't much I was going to be able to do so now I'm being tortured and have to go Sunday at 8:00 a.m. Boo. But yeah, I knew if I pushed it it wouldn't be good, I can push through mid soreness, not I have to bear crawl to get up the stairs soreness.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My bedroom and bathroom are 97% unpacked.
The minions haven’t touched their rooms. Sucks to be them.
We can’t find the TV stand for the living room TV. This is an issue that has paralyzed their progress.
We spent most of yesterday dealing with a dead car battery. Side note, we have AMAZING neighbors!
We found Costco and they sell hard liquor here. I knew Austin was my city!
Goal today is to unearth the kitchen so we can make dinner tonight.
We’re meeting some of Baby minion’s classmates at the downtown library later. He is really excited.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's exciting for baby minion! I'm happy things are moving along for you guys.

Don't all Costco's sell hard liquor? Or is that a state by state thing?
Old 08-17-2019, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)

No alcohol here in Costco. Living so close to PA, I get so frustrated with the rules in the two different states. They sell wine & hard liquor in one place, and beer etc. in another. And when I was in college they were closed on Sundays. And in New Jersey you cannot buy alcohol in most grocery stores, convenient stores etc.

I'm crazy busy the next few weekends. Throwing a 50th surprise party for my brother tonight. Going to the Adirondacks next weekend, Atlantic City this Sunday night. Last hurrah's of summer.

Kayla -I can't believe you live in the same city as Taylor now!
Old 08-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
That's exciting for baby minion! I'm happy things are moving along for you guys.

They don’t in Dallas! So it’s probably a county by county thing...although Dallas county is wet, so I don’t know...

Kik, sounds like fun! Enjoy your trips. I had a friend ask if we really didn’t move bc of Taylor.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I sometimes forget going to other states that you can't buy alcohol at grocery stores. We have liquor stores and "party stores" here where it's almost all alcohol with a few snacks but you can buy hard liquor at any grocery store, Costco, etc.

This is the first weekend I've been home in awhile. When I got in my car this morning google maps popped up with a notification to tell me how long it was to get to my cottage since i've been there the last three weekends. I usually try to be out of town this weekend because it's Dream Cruise weekend, it's a giant classic car cruise up and down one of the major roads here that's only a few miles from my house, it goes on for miles and miles and if you have to cross the road it's going to take a ton of extra time so I had to drive out of my way today to go to a different Trader Joe's just to not cross Woodward. It's irritating.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hate traffic. Special events make it worse.

It’s gonna take me a minute to figure out WHEN to go places here.
Side note/public service announcement: if you have Sonic restaurants... use the app to preorder your drinks and they are always 1/2 price! There’s a Sonic a half mile from us. This is good information to have!

The library downtown is phenomenal! We saw it from the bat boat thingy we did in May. Today we went inside! 6 stories and a garden on the roof. The third floor has a huge outside wrap around reading lounge. It’s covered and had gigantic fans. It was actually pleasant to sit out there. You can see lady bird lake from there, so a pretty view.

We our having our first home cooked meal! That means we got some work done in the kitchen! Also, found the coffee filters, so coffee in the morning! Woo-hoo! Start the little things.

Still can’t find the TV stand.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The best TV stand I actually have is from Walmart, it looks like a fake wood stand. I got it when I moved last as something temporary and never replaced it because I get so many compliments on it. I joke I got it at Pottery Barn.

There's a Sonic less than a mile from my work. I honestly haven't been there since I was in college.

Traffic sucks. I can't emphasize that enough. The freeway that is nearest to my house and the major freeway that takes the northern suburbs to downtown has been under construction this entire year. The ramps are all closed so it's clogging up all the streets around me as people try to find work arounds to get to on ramps that are open, miles and miles away. This project they're working on is happening in phases and won't be completely done until something like 2028...yes, 2028. I wish I was kidding.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sonic drinks are the best! Burgers are alright. Fries are a no go, the tots are meh, the onion rings are great. Good breakfast burritos. The kids like their corn dogs.

We were pretty sure the stand went into a clear plastic tub...we’ve been through them all and can’t find it. We got my TV set up though. So there’s that. I don’t want to go buy a new one. The kids took the TV apart, so I really don’t know what happened to it.

Today we must put Baby minion’s room together so he can get off the couch. Although, the couch is downstairs and it’s much cooler than his room.

I went to Costco and found a really great fan on a stand. It’s remote controlled and has adjustable temperatures. That’s helping. The ceiling fan in the master isn’t working. I need both. It’s too hot for me. Hopefully, as we go into September, it won’t get any hotter, it’ll start to cool back down. This really is the worst it’s been all summer.

Quote:
The best TV stand I actually have is from Walmart, it looks like a fake wood stand. I got it when I moved last as something temporary and never replaced it because I get so many compliments on it. I joke I got it at Pottery Barn.

There's a Sonic less than a mile from my work. I honestly haven't been there since I was in college.

Traffic sucks. I can't emphasize that enough. The freeway that is nearest to my house and the major freeway that takes the northern suburbs to downtown has been under construction this entire year. The ramps are all closed so it's clogging up all the streets around me as people try to find work arounds to get to on ramps that are open, miles and miles away. This project they're working on is happening in phases and won't be completely done until something like 2028...yes, 2028. I wish I was kidding.
Ugh! That’s ridiculous! I have friends that went to mackinac island this weekend. How far is that from you? She says it’s her favorite place in Michigan.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Have you been to Mackinac Island? You should go sometime and take the kids it's so much fun. When I was a kid we'd usually do it for a day or two on our trips way up north. It's basically at the base of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, so it's a good distance from me, a little under 4 hours, but it's not a bad drive. No cars so you take the ferry over and then everything is horseback, though the island isn't big. Most hotels have that old school bed and breakfast feel to them unless you're staying at The Grand Hotel. You can easily do a bike around the island (I think it's only something like 8 miles), which is what we'd always do. When we were kids we used to alternate out of state summer vacations and up north vacations. So we'd do Traverse City/Sleeping Bear Dunes/Mackinac, sometimes the UP. The UP is straight up wilderness in most parts, Tahquamenon Falls and Pictured Rocks shoreline are something to see.

I hoard fans, I always have an extra one handy because I cannot sleep without one. Costco always has great fans, and space heaters! Hopefully it cools down for you soon. It's been pretty warm here the last few days but hot/humid and stormy today.

I remember mostly getting Sonic's drinks or their ice cream. If I'm going for fast food burgers I usually like Five Guys or Culvers. It was a big deal here when we finally got Shake Shack but I just think it's okay.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread