Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Stairs are evil! Here's the irony of that statement... all our bedrooms are upstairs in the new house. Shoot me now. My knees just don't like me. Up is okay, but down is not my friend AT ALL.

The radio said this morning it would feel like 108 today. So what did we do? Finished emptying the storage unit. One step closer to tomorrow!!
Confirmed the truck and movers. We are finishing last-minute packing and we'll be ready to go!
Old 08-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If I had to buy a new house, I'd want a ranch, they stay cooler, everything is on one floor...I live in a colonial so same deal, all bedrooms are upstairs, laundry room is in the basement. Lots of stairs. I will say after I had the insulation blown into the attic this past winter it does stay quite a bit cooler upstairs.

It's super humid here. We got those thunderstorms yesterday where they pop up and drop super heavy rain but don't move at all for hours. I think I heard them say it dropped upwards of 4 inches of rain in spots in a matter of hours. A lot of flooding on my way to work this morning. We barely got a drop at my house but a few miles north the streets were underwater.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Lornette we miss you too! I'm the same myself lately to be fair!

Kiki I'm so excited that I saw (half of) you in that photo!

It's my wedding anniversary today. Not that I've even seen Bobby for longer than about 2 minutes!

Hope everyone is well x
ThirtyThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Luckily, no basement. Those aren't really a thing in Texas. Our ground is generally too hard (it's mostly rock), so building them is ridiculously expensive if you can manage it at all.
I'm not looking forward to my bedroom being upstairs. Before, when we had stairs, the kids were up there. I went up about 3-5 times in the three years we lived there. So there's that.

Happy Anniversary Emma! I hope you get a minute to celebrate it!

I just packed the coffee pot and xbox, so s**t just got real. :rofl:

We have made great progress today. We have to go say goodbye to our grief group friends in a little bit. Then we will be back to pack some more! I'm worried we don't have enough boxes... Oldest Minion thinks we are fine... I know w=there will be last-minute stuff tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
If I had to buy a new house, I'd want a ranch, they stay cooler, everything is on one floor...I live in a colonial so same deal, all bedrooms are upstairs, laundry room is in the basement. Lots of stairs. I will say after I had the insulation blown into the attic this past winter it does stay quite a bit cooler upstairs.

It's super humid here. We got those thunderstorms yesterday where they pop up and drop super heavy rain but don't move at all for hours. I think I heard them say it dropped upwards of 4 inches of rain in spots in a matter of hours. A lot of flooding on my way to work this morning. We barely got a drop at my house but a few miles north the streets were underwater.
It's crazy to me how storms can be like that. One person gets nothing and two streets over it's a monsoon.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
Kiki I'm so excited that I saw (half of) you in that photo!

It's my wedding anniversary today. Not that I've even seen Bobby for longer than about 2 minutes!
Haha. That was a terrible picture. I have a thing about posting pictures on the Internet. All of my social media accounts are locked down hard. One of my friends had a picture taken and used as an ad! Scared the crap out of me.

Happy Anniversary! How many years?

Weather has been SO beautiful here. Not today though. I'm inside all day today... well, I went food shopping but besides that, I'm in. I'm free to do a rewatch tonight if anyone is around.

I don't have a basement either. Most people do here though. I actually hate basements except for storage. Even in the multimillion dollar homes around here, a basement is still a basement and SMELLS.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys can celebrate at some point.

Most houses here in Michigan have basements and a lot of them are finished or walk out basements. Mine isn't but it could be in the future, right now it's totally just storage and a laundry room.

Sorry I got home kind of late, too late for a rewatch. I had my first workout tonight and my arms and legs feel like noodles, our trainer is a serious badass though. I really like her.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Two of my former students (siblings) who have been living in London for the passed 8 years (that's where they are originally from) are on vacation here this week. They made it a point to get in touch with me so we can meet up. I'm so honored. You are in the US for one week and have so many things to do and friends to see and you want to meet up with your 3rd grade teacher? Okay! The older son is actually a huge DJ in London which is pretty cool. You can buy his stuff on itunes. I am meeting them for breakfast tomorrow morning.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's so sweet though! You definitely must have had an impact. I have a few teachers that I still remember fondly and oddly enough most are from those early education years, in elementary school and early middle school.

When do you start back up to school? I feel like I was just asking you when are you finished. My friends little one starts kindergarten tomorrow, but they're in Ohio.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Two of my former students (siblings) who have been living in London for the passed 8 years (that's where they are originally from) are on vacation here this week. They made it a point to get in touch with me so we can meet up. I'm so honored. You are in the US for one week and have so many things to do and friends to see and you want to meet up with your 3rd grade teacher? Okay! The older son is actually a huge DJ in London which is pretty cool. You can buy his stuff on itunes. I am meeting them for breakfast tomorrow morning.
That is sooo awesome! I had my 2nd and 4th-grade teachers at my wedding! Great teachers make a permanent impression. What a great testament to you! That's so sweet!

In case there was any doubt... we are still packing. We've made it to shrink wrapping the furniture. That's a step in the right direction. I've only paused to update you bc I'm printing my lease and move in inventory forms.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

School doesn't start until after Labor Day but I will go in a few days to start getting my room ready. I'm only going to be teaching one night at the Enrichment Center this fall so I can pick up some extra tutoring jobs now. Actually, a graduate student posted on our town's Facebook forum that he needs a room just for like 8 weeks while his pharmacy certification comes through. I responded just to see what kind of money we are talking about. He's a graduate student from Korea. I would seriously consider doing that to put some money away. We will see. I would need major references etc.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:05 AM
Loyal Fan

8 years!

I used to let out both of my spare bedrooms when I lived on my own. It was easy money to be honest. But I was lucky as the two lads pretty much kept themselves to themselves. Helped me pay my mortgage.
ThirtyThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'd be too paranoid to let a stranger live with me, if it was someone who we shared a mutual acquaintance with or friend, might be different.

I'd be too paranoid about my pets mostly. I'd worry something would happen and they'd be let out when they're not paying attention. If I had a separate entrance and separate accommodations, maybe that'd be different.

But, I will say, one of my good friends when she moved to Chicago after college, she and her other friend needed one more roommate. Pretty sure they did a Craigslist ad and had a girl who'd just graduated from Notre Dame as their roommate. She's actually still one of our closest friends...so it can work out.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:59 PM
New Fan

Kayla - just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your move. You are almost there - you've got this!!!
DaisyGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Shrink wrapping furniture...that's smart, I'm always too lazy to do that.

I hope your move is going well!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Y’all! It has been a day!

The movers arrived and said it wouldn't all fit in one truck. I said, "Not today Satan!"
He kept saying it wouldn't all fit and my asking,"are you sure?" wasn't changing anything.
Finally, I went to get a second uhaul! As we were pulling out of the parking lot, with the 2nd truck, Oldest Minion called and said, "He says it will fit, we don't need a second truck. " I told you Satan...not today!
We are completely packed, keys returned, and are ready to roll out in the morning! I started at 5:30, minions at 8. We walked out of the apartment for the last time at 7! We are sooo tired.

We’ll be back at it and leave by 7am.

Despite all our purging, we obviously need to purge some more. This has been ridiculous. Next time I post it’ll be from ATX!