Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2019, 11:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi everyone! Kayla, awesome news, you must all be so pleased! And no, schools here don't break up until 19th July, so she still has 5 weeks to go!!

I've not been on much again. Life is hard/busy at the minute! It was Connie's birthday on Tuesday and we had a little party yesterday so that's taken up most of my time this week.

Amanda, I'm feeling you with the rain situation. It feels like it's rained here constantly for weeks! We went to Riviera Maya on honeymoon and loved it. I didn't hear about all this alcohol poisoning though!

I watched the Perfection last night. I liked it!

Hello Rena. I'm Emma, from England.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Now I know how Tyra felt.
This made me burst out laughing. Way to make it Taylor related.

WAY TO GO R! Amazing. You must be so proud. Are you really going to move there?

My nephew will be a senior and has his sights set on one school in Philly. I'm already nervous for him. He went to another recruitment camp yesterday, "just for the practice." But I have a feeling that if some school that he is interested in offers him a scholarship, he'll take it. He still denies but we'll see.

I got into every school I applied except my Reacher School, which was actually my first choice. Looking back, I was so cocky. Except for that one school, I never thought for one second that I wouldn't get in. lol And I had ****ty SATS and some grades that were a little shaky. I was in a lot of Honors classes so I think that was my saving grace, and I had good grades in those because they were literature/writing based. Anything math/science was in the ****ter.

Welcome Rena! Where in Philly are you from? I was born in the Northeast but moved to Jersey when I was 3. Then I went to college and stayed out there in Chester Co. for awhile. Right now I'm halfway between Philly and NYC, but I'm a Philly girl through and through.
That must be awesome living in Venice. I LOVE L.A. I've only been there twice but it made an impression on me. Are you in the film industry at all?

My brother's family went away for the weekend but then my nephew got invited to the recruitment camp at the last minute, so I was in charge of getting him to and from. I had to feed him etc. When he was a little I would say... "I have my niece and nephew for the weekend." But he's almost 18 now so it just sounds weird. Right now I am knee deep in grading papers because report cards are due tonight at midnight. Watching the World Cup while sitting at a table by the pool. Life could be worse. Although the grading is stressing me out and pissing me off. How many different ways can you explain what a polygon is????? Come on kiddos.

K - I'm halfway through A Year in the Life. I like it. The parts that annoy me are same things that annoyed me before. Emily and Lorelei still annoy me... Emily is just AWFUL. Paris is the best part and of course one scene with Hep Alien. Logan is underused so far. I also don't like how old everyone looks.

Last edited by elherts; 06-16-2019 at 12:10 PM
Old 06-16-2019, 01:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I love all the cameos sneaked into a Year in the Life! I was never a Paris fan. I like her and doyle's relationship though. Jess is SO hot in this. I LOVE milo and I'll always be team Jess!

I started watching handmaid's tale last week. It only aired here last week and it sucks only having one episode a week!

Kiki, writing reports is one of the main things I absolutely DO NOT miss about teaching! Have you finished for summer yet?
Old 06-16-2019, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hulu dropped three episodes initially of Handmaid's Tale and then the 4th aired last Wednesday. It's good so far.

The bootleg alcohol is a new thing, I guess. So the two most reasonable locations for all inclusives are of course Punta Cana and Riviera Maya and both are suffering from mysterious alcohol poisonings and deaths. It's like trying to make children happy with all these people. I offered up a cruise to make everyone happy and a few people don't even want to do that. I'm about to throw my hands up and just say screw it and plan a vacation I want to do, there's no way I'm going to be able to please everyone. We can't even decide on December or March. Grr.

I think we had like 24 of the 31 days in May we had some level of precipitation, it has not gotten any better in June. Our water levels are so high, it's actually a bit scary having a place right on the lake. Our little beach town is featured on Beach Hunters on HGTV tonight.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I am so beyond proud!
She put all her eggs in one basket, and only applied to UT. That said, had she not gotten in, she could have taken more classes here and tried again next year (Rena, oldest minion is only 16. She graduated HS early.).
Yes, we probably are. I’m not all that broken up about it.

I told you to stay away from a year in the life! Bleh! It’s awful, and I feel unrealistic. Those storylines are ridiculous to me.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had to google Year in the Life, I couldn't figure out what it was. Side note on Alexis Bledel, and I don't want to be petty about this, she still looks good, but wow, in Handmaid's Tale she is a rough 37. I know they're meant to look rough and wear no makeup but I thought she had to at least be in her 40's.

Big Little Lies season 2 is SO good, that episode tonight was maybe the best of the series. I can't remember the last time I gasped out loud or laughed out loud so many times watching an episode of tv. The memes from tonights episode are killing me, the one liners were so good. And Laura Dern is turning out to be my 50+ goals...her and Connie are neck and neck.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've become one of those girls who's canceling afternoon appointments to go and get my nails done. What has become of me, but really two weeks is my max. I literally hate that I can't just go with a color I want because I have a wedding this weekend and need to be neutral to match my dress.

Also failed so hard on Keto this weekend when I baked a cake for my dad for father's day, which now the leftovers are hanging out in the kitchen and there's no one here to eat it but me.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Loyal Fan

We spent the day yesterday in Santa Barbara visiting friends and didn't get home until midnight last night (BAD IDEA). It's only 11 am here and it already feels like bedtime.

Kayla: Wow, your daughter is only 16! That is amazing!! I now understand more fully why moving to Austin makes sense for you (and her) - I would probably do the same. She's going to do great I'm sure but having you closer might make that huge transition easier.

I don't know who asked where in Philly I'm from, but actually born and raised in the suburbs - Skippack to be exact. I left after high school, went to college (Penn State), lived in Lancaster for a couple of years after graduation and then moved here. I am not in the entertainment industry - I'm a PT and part-time yoga teacher.

Haven't been watching a lot of TV lately but when I do, I tend to binge watch. I've been contemplating Big Little Lies but haven't started yet. I read the book many years ago (which wasn't bad) so I know the story - I'm always interested to see how closely the TV version of the story is to the story in the book.

Don't know if you gals are movies watchers, but I saw Rocketman last week - I really liked it. I'm a huge Elton fan and I thought the movie (although it was missing large chunks of his life I'm sure) was a genuine reflection of the man. I highly recommend it (especially if you like music in your films).

Okay - will now get back to work. Until next time ...
Old 06-17-2019, 12:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Amanda, I thought that about Alexis Bledel too. I think they have tried to make her look quite rough, but even when I watched a Year in the Life I remember thinking that she hadn't aged particularly well.

We actually had quite a nice day today, weather-wise. And by that, I mean it didn't rain!

I just finished Good Girls season 2 so looking for a new binge if anyone has any suggestions. Netflix or Prime.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I've become one of those girls who's canceling afternoon appointments to go and get my nails done. What has become of me, but really two weeks is my max. I literally hate that I can't just go with a color I want because I have a wedding this weekend and need to be neutral to match my dress.

Also failed so hard on Keto this weekend when I baked a cake for my dad for father's day, which now the leftovers are hanging out in the kitchen and there's no one here to eat it but me.
well... today is a new day! Start fresh.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There is nothing on and I'm watching the Bachelorette and I can't believe people take this show seriously. I will admit to watching the Trista/Ryan season when I was in college and they were the cutest/sweetest.

This literally seems like my worst nightmare, dating this many guys at once.

I'm waiting for the real quality reality television to come on later, Below Deck.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
There is nothing on and I'm watching the Bachelorette and I can't believe people take this show seriously. I will admit to watching the Trista/Ryan season when I was in college and they were the cutest/sweetest.

This literally seems like my worst nightmare, dating this many guys at once.

I'm waiting for the real quality reality television to come on later, Below Deck.
Oldest Minion and I are watching Rizzoli and Isles. We finished Downton Abbey.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I need something new to watch. I'm watching too many shows as they air right now and that's not the way I like to do it.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I need something new to watch. I'm watching too many shows as they air right now and that's not the way I like to do it.
We all know how I feel about commercials and watching in real time. This is us and grey’s are all we really watch week to week. We watch NCIS la too, but we usually wait until we have two or three to watch at once. I loathe traditional tv. I was born to stream.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 06-18-2019 at 09:16 AM
Old 06-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh I stream, it's just that I'm watching shows that are released weekly right now and it's so frustrating. I need a new Netflix show.

Today was a new day for the diet, and I was good all day, went to a barre class then came home and found my stash of Twizzlers. Fail.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 06-18-2019 at 05:04 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread