Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Maybe it found its way out, I went back down there to move clothes and didn't hear it. I don't know. It was definitely in the vent...ugh. I'm surprised they didn't come in and remove them...usually once they're in there they will keep coming back to nest. Or so I've read.
I wouldn't let them, but they will seal up the hole or opening when they are gone.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a lot of critters near the house, and that's partly my fault because i put out feed for the deer, etc. But there is a baby bunny that is wrecking havoc on the flowers right by my back porch and now this bird.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My cousin hit a cow once. Totaled the car and killed the cow.

Birds.. I’m out. I don’t do birds.

Very cool about the World Cup. I always thought college football was more fun when I knew the players on the team.

Oldest Minion does not like eggs. At.all. for any reason. I was thinking about doing keto for awhile to see how I do on it.

Allergies suck. So sorry.

How is he too nice? Examples please.

HUGE storm blew through Dallas this afternoon. We were at my parents when it hit. Power was out, street lights stopped working, trees blown down everywhere. 70 mile an hour winds! It was crazy!
Old 06-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel bad for thinking he's too nice. Maybe he's just kind of irritating me because i'm not that into him. If it were someone I was more in to I'd love it or find it more charming. And too nice meaning I feel like it's a bit of an act, I believe he's nice but I think he's just being overly nice/not really letting his guard down. He's also maybe not athletic enough for me, never played sports growing up or now, isn't really into sports. That's a HUGE part of my life.

We had bad storms last weekend but it feels like it's raining every other day. We had two nice days in a row and now it's back to the rain. The lake levels are so high, we have no beach at the cottage. It bangs against the seawall and shakes the cottage if it's rough on the water.

Eggs are kind of a big part of the diet...even if I'm not eating them as a meal while on the diet I'm eating hard boiled eggs as snacks.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I feel bad for thinking he's too nice. Maybe he's just kind of irritating me because i'm not that into him. If it were someone I was more in to I'd love it or find it more charming. And too nice meaning I feel like it's a bit of an act, I believe he's nice but I think he's just being overly nice/not really letting his guard down. He's also maybe not athletic enough for me, never played sports growing up or now, isn't really into sports. That's a HUGE part of my life.

We had bad storms last weekend but it feels like it's raining every other day. We had two nice days in a row and now it's back to the rain. The lake levels are so high, we have no beach at the cottage. It bangs against the seawall and shakes the cottage if it's rough on the water.

Eggs are kind of a big part of the diet...even if I'm not eating them as a meal while on the diet I'm eating hard boiled eggs as snacks.
I like eggs.
Do you have a way to let the lakes run off? All of our lakes are man made with spillways, dams, and what not.

Does he like to watch sports at least? He went bowling...
Old 06-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

No run off, because they're natural, the great lakes are also all connected, they can't be dammed because that would stop freight traffic which goes all the way from the Atlantic through all the Great Lakes. So all five are high, nothing to stop them from continuing to rise. A lot of the docks are under water. We don't have it as bad as some other spots. We at least have a sea wall. I mean it is cyclical. When I was a kid it was like this too, though the turn around from low lake levels from just ten years ago to now is kind of startling how quickly they've changed. Colder winters with more ice cover raises lake levels, wetter springs and summers raise lake levels. Climate change, y'all.

He likes to watch hockey, he casually likes baseball. He doesn't care about football at all, which is kind of...yikes for me. My fall weekends revolve around when Michigan State is playing and what time the Lions are on on Sunday.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
No run off, because they're natural, the great lakes are also all connected, they can't be dammed because that would stop freight traffic which goes all the way from the Atlantic through all the Great Lakes. So all five are high, nothing to stop them from continuing to rise. A lot of the docks are under water. We don't have it as bad as some other spots. We at least have a sea wall. I mean it is cyclical. When I was a kid it was like this too, though the turn around from low lake levels from just ten years ago to now is kind of startling how quickly they've changed. Colder winters with more ice cover raises lake levels, wetter springs and summers raise lake levels. Climate change, y'all.

He likes to watch hockey, he casually likes baseball. He doesn't care about football at all, which is kind of...yikes for me. My fall weekends revolve around when Michigan State is playing and what time the Lions are on on Sunday.
This is why they say to date someone in every season... he’s gonna have to like football, a little at least.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The last few guys I've dated haven't been that into sports. It's just surprising to me. I'm a girl, just looking for a guy, who is in to sports. How hard can that be? Starting to date during wedding season is not a good move either.

Did anyone watch Big Little Lies last night? I forgot that season 2 premiered. I heard Meryl, of course, was excellent.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Maybe you need to hang out in a sports bar...

Quote:
The last few guys I've dated haven't been that into sports. It's just surprising to me. I'm a girl, just looking for a guy, who is in to sports. How hard can that be? Starting to date during wedding season is not a good move either.

Did anyone watch Big Little Lies last night? I forgot that season 2 premiered. I heard Meryl, of course, was excellent.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would probably not prefer to meet a guy in a bar.

Loved the premiere of Big Little Lies by the way. I was worried that it would feel not needed since the first was based on a book, but dealing with the aftermath of it all is interesting so far.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yes. Well... you would know he likes sports. HAHA!
I'm so glad I'm not dating.

Quote:
I would probably not prefer to meet a guy in a bar.

Loved the premiere of Big Little Lies by the way. I was worried that it would feel not needed since the first was based on a book, but dealing with the aftermath of it all is interesting so far.
this is the second season? I still need to see the first one.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Dating SUCKS! I'll say it again, it sucks. It's no fun. I feel like Charlotte on Sex and the City..."Where is he? I've been dating forever, I'm exhausted!" or something like that. It's true.

This is the second season. The first season is based on the book Big Little Lies. It took a few liberties, I believe. I've never read it. I've read some of her other books, but it mostly stayed true to the book. So this series is just a continuation of season one, but in new territory because they obviously didn't have a story to follow, but they do have a built in story to continue.

After the recent events in the Dominican Republic we are now officially crossing the DR and Punta Cana completely off our list of potential vacations next Spring. Their tourism is going to take a hit. I feel kind of bad for them. An attack at a resort? Okay, isolated incident, but these stories coming out about people dying almost instantly after drinking certain alcohols provided by the resorts. Nope, nope, nope. That's super scary.

My cousin Mitch is doing well with his chemo and started one of the most difficult rounds this week (that will last two months). He met with some house representatives today to speak about his experience and time at Walter Reed Medical Center. He and his wife got to hang out with Sulley, President George H.W. Bush's service dog. I'm so jealous, they have adorable pictures.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 06-12-2019 at 09:16 AM
Old 06-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

My ex-husband was not that into sports. I vowed to never date anyone again that wasn't into sports. It's too much a part of my life. He was into cycling and would watch soccer but that's it. I remember when he first met my father, my dad literally said, "What kind of guy is not into sports?" -to him. lol My father is a ball buster and I hate bringing any boyfriends around him. Like 35 years ago, I was the first girl to ever win the physical education award at 6th grade graduation. He insists on telling every guy that! He's terrible.

I decided not to watch Big Little Lies. I have too much on my list still. I'm trying to finish season 1 of Supergirl. I had stopped watching it but went back because I really like the cast. I will probably only watch the first season. Always Taylor reminders... Melissa from Waco of course and Landry's dad plays Lois Lane's (although she's not in it, her sister Luci is, played by Jenna Dewan Tatum) father. I think he's a bad guy. Still to be determined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
My cousin hit a cow once. Totaled the car and killed the cow.
One of my sorority sisters hit a horse once in her car. I think the horse died if I remember correctly.

A friend of mine is leaving for DR on Saturday. She's freaking out. The same thing with the alcohol happened in Mexico too. The scariest part is that these countries don't even get to the bottom of it... Why?

Last edited by elherts; 06-12-2019 at 03:59 PM
Old 06-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I guess i'd only drink alcohol that I purchased from a liquor store, which is such a hassle. You don't want to be on vacation and have to worry about what's in your drink. We're looking at Turks and Caicos or Riviera Maya now, though Mexico still makes me a little nervous.

Day three of Keto (I cheated with banana bread on Sunday) and the flu definitely hit me today. Worst part of this, and made even worse that it's happening today and I'm going to cheat tomorrow because I have this date and we're going to a brewery.

I feel like a lot of the streaming services have killed my casual viewing of network TV shows. If it's not on Hulu or Netflx not worth my time.

Sports is just a huge part of a lot of aspects of my life, I grew up with a game on TV all the time, just on in the background...didn't really matter if it was football, hockey, baseball, basketball (less so) it was a way I bonded with my dad. My weekends are kind of built around when football is on. Our Thanksgiving dinner doesn't commence until the Lions game is done...we have cornhole tournaments at the cottage for all major summer holidays, we're always outside throwing the ball around (football or baseball) if it's not that then it's golf. Bringing someone who really only likes to bike and white water raft into that...it's not even that I care what my family thinks it's just my attraction to him takes an immediate hit that he's not that into football.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

I actually would rather watch a show that I DVRd than streaming. I find it easier to maneuver if I want to fast forward or rewind. And if I do streaming I think it's easier on the laptop than on the TV, but then it's so small.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread