Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2019, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There are some calling for all her cases to be reopened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I guess it was announced she was going to get some award last Thursday and then with the blowback they rescinded the award. Nothing that happens to her short of jail would be enough punishment in my opinion. And if she did this to these kids, you can guarantee that there are others out there that were wrongly convicted as well.

I see that she's deleted all social media...good.
That didn’t take long!
I hope her publishers drop her too.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They should! If she did this to these boys with so little evidence just imagine the others she has railroaded too. I just think it's crazy that it took a Netflix series about it for her to finally, publicly, get the blowback she deserves.

I need cute outfit ideas for bowling...I pretty much just want to wear jeans but don't want to be too casual either.

This made me laugh...it's so true. I ruined both my ankles playing soccer and I'm like a cripple now. I can't imagine what I'll be like in another twenty years.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 06-03-2019 at 08:20 PM
Old 06-03-2019, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Bowling is a casual affair...

Quote:
They should! If she did this to these boys with so little evidence just imagine the others she has railroaded too. I just think it's crazy that it took a Netflix series about it for her to finally, publicly, get the blowback she deserves.

I need cute outfit ideas for bowling...I pretty much just want to wear jeans but don't want to be too casual either.

This made me laugh...it's so true. I ruined both my ankles playing soccer and I'm like a cripple now. I can't imagine what I'll be like in another twenty years.

Hahaha! So true.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It is, but I still want to look cute, semi put together.

I always used to say in high school, the day after a game, that I couldn't imagine how sore I'd be in my 30's and 40's if that was what I felt like in my teens. I'm living that nightmare as I limp out of bed for no reason every day.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Addicted Fan

I didn’t realize soccer was so hard on the ankles, but now when I think about it, it makes sense. It’s all the sudden stops and reversing course right? I never played, obviously, but I always imagined it was hardest on the knees.

Someone on Twitter suggested Linda Fairstein should be forced to give her book profits to those (now) men. Of course that can’t happen, but she needs to lose a LOT to make up for what she did. I wonder why they never sued her personally. Even if her wrongdoing was part of the $41 million settlement (I’m assuming), couldn’t they sue her personally?

Meanwhile I also read that she had something to do with defending Harvey Weinstein on one of his rape charges and also helped that French diplomat who was accused of raping a hotel housekeeper several years back. I don’t know if that’s true but if so, she’s really some piece of work.

Amanda, yes that was my reaction to The Perfection: just because they could, doesn’t mean they should have. The subject is horrific enough. But it’s a revenge thriller where you can’t really root for anyone because they’re all so cruel. And yes, I would’ve preferred your scenario also.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Definitely true about the Harvey Weinstein thing. I think what sickens me most about her is that even to this day she stands by the idea that those boys weren't coerced and feels no remorse. What kind of person is she that she can't even admit, after those boys were cleared of all charges, that she was wrong.

Yeah, The Perfection, with the way it was kind of laid out and the who truly is the bad guy scenarios did just make it really hard to like either of the girls.

My ankle injuries were what kind of did my "career" in. Exactly what you're describing, the sudden stop when I made a cut with the ball made me turn my ankle while I was training indoor prior to our outdoor season. It was one of those you heard it pop and it kind of echoed through the dome. It was gross. I had torn ligaments and a fractured ankle...one of those it was black and blue half way up to my knee. Was on crutches for a good month, in an air cast...then as soon as I rehabbed and got back I rolled my other one. No doubt because I was over compensating for the previous ankle injury. You lose your confidence in a way. You're also going through taping it up and different braces and ice baths after games and swelling and it's just never right after you have an injury like that. It's just chronic pain. So, part of the reason I stopped playing. It was like a job and torture, it wasn't fun anymore.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I wondered the same thing... why didn’t they sue her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Someone on Twitter suggested Linda Fairstein should be forced to give her book profits to those (now) men. Of course that can’t happen, but she needs to lose a LOT to make up for what she did. I wonder why they never sued her personally. Even if her wrongdoing was part of the $41 million settlement (I’m assuming), couldn’t they sue her personally?

Meanwhile I also read that she had something to do with defending Harvey Weinstein on one of his rape charges and also helped that French diplomat who was accused of raping a hotel housekeeper several years back. I don’t know if that’s true but if so, she’s really some piece of work.
Piece of work is putting it mildly. I heard that too.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I believe she's protected. She was trying the case for the state, hence the suit against the state. DA's are given a good bit of protection against civil suits.

Quote:
In the 1976 case Imbler v. Pachtman, the U.S. Supreme Court carved out a wide exception to the law to exempt prosecutors. The Court said common law tradition grants prosecutors have what's known as "absolute immunity" from civil rights suits, meaning that they can't be sued, provided they're acting in their capacity as prosecutors. Few people enjoy such protections in their own line of work (judges have absolute immunity as well).
Old 06-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I believe she's protected. She was trying the case for the state, hence the suit against the state. DA's are given a good bit of protection against civil suits.
She was a detective, not DA.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She was head of the District Attorney's office and oversaw the prosecution.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
She was head of the District Attorney's office and oversaw the prosecution.
Oh. How did I miss that?!? I thought she was a cop.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The structure of a DA's office is kind of confusing, she wouldn't try the case but she would investigate it to make sure the office had enough to charge the suspects. So even in that first episode when she was doing all the investigating, telling her detectives to "make it fit" definitely made her come across as a detective, but she was the DA and she then hands it down to one of her prosecutors to have them try it.

I burnt the hell out of my hand this evening when cooking dinner. It doesn't look that bad yet but I know it's going to look awful in the morning.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I can tell you what it will be like in 10 years. My softball knees are so bad now. I have trouble with stairs of a certain height, getting in and out of a car, and recently just sitting on my knees. Like when you crouch to look at something on your knees... I can't get up/gardening etc. Oh and even getting off the toilet. lol Chairs of a certain height. I'm a mess. Surgery is certainly in my future. My nephew is 17 and has been a serious two sport athlete for many years. Usually once you get to Jr. High, kids concentrate on one sport. He literally trains year round for both football and basketball. He has NO desire to play in college and just feels his body breaking down, especially his knees. He's getting attention from college coaches for football and went on a recruiting trip "for the experience" but he is adamant that he is not going to play. Don't think his father and his current HS coach are too happy about it.

I saw Rocketman. I really liked it, mostly because of Taron Egerton, truly an amazing performance. Jamie Bell is always good and Robert Madden was awesome too. I know I took all the new shows off my list, but I may need to put Bodyguard back on. I still liked Bohemian Rhapsody better but they were so different, it's hard to compare. Rocketman was more like a Broadway musical, but some scenes were very clever.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah athletics is no joke, if you're playing it at a high enough level you have to treat it like a job. Towards the end I was training year round, it was spring high school season, then summer camps/training, fall club season, indoor club season, indoor training for spring season over the winter. There was never a break. It sucked the fun out of things.

Queen, Elton, etc. with all these biopics happening...they're just a little out of my age range. Like I enjoy the music but it wasn't something I could really count as nostalgia or someone I followed when I was young. Give me Britney Spears, maybe even Madonna and I could maybe get more excited about it. I can't say that I have any movies really on my radar right now. I did really get excited to see that Ford v. Ferrari trailer, that is something I'd see in theaters. Rush is one of my favorite movies. I love old school racing movies.

There's some good TV coming though in short order.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi girls. The kids are asleep and my husband is out watching the England match so I thought I'd catch up with my Kitsch squad!

Lornette, thank you for the kind words earlier. They were very much appreciated and made me a touch emotional! You're such a great friend too, always lifting others up.

I'm currently binging the second season of Good Girls. I love it and Matt Saracen (aka zach gilford) is looking pretty fine!

The perfection and when they see us are both on my list. I don't know anything at all about the case so it will all be new info for me.

We are currently hosting your president and that's not going down well, there have been protests all over the country. Some of the placards have been hilarious!

I'm watching Bosch too. Have any of you watched it?

Amanda, I think I'd go with a slightly 50s vibe for bowling, so capri length jeans, a little shirt or a crop length cardigan. . . I'm thinking Frenchie, or for a more modern version, Betty cooper in riverdale. But I adore retro fashion so I admit it's not for everyone!

How are your weekends shaping up? I'm at a kids birthday party on Saturday morning and then possibly an all-day festival. Sunday is kinda free at the minute, but it's connie's birthday on Tuesday so I imagine we'll be busy with plans!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread