Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2019, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} 50: Because Sometimes It's All About Us

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Watermelon cut and chilled... check. We may or may nor have eaten most of it already.
Fruit salad... check.
Potato salad... check.
Coleslaw... check.
The best damn chicken salad ever... check. It is so good. It will not go to my parents’ house. It’s ALL mine!

I’ve been so busy today! I still want to make lemon crinkle cookies or banana pudding... not sure I have it in me.

Taking sides to my parents’ tomorrow. We’re having a BBQ. What are y’all doing with your day off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I'm not doing anything tomorrow, staying in and getting my life in order. I have so much school work, bills, and **** around the house to do. My allergies have been so bad the last two days, I've gotten nothing done. Finally feeling half way normal again.
I hope everyone does have a great extra day off this weekend. I'm still up at our cottage but hope to get home soon so I can get some stuff done today. We've been drinking and eating all weekend. I feel like I need to detox.

Kiki, I can relate on the allergies. I was in Louisville when everything was blooming, then everything was blooming at home the last week and a half, now I'm up at our cottage where everything is finally starting to bloom and the pollen is ridiculous. My eyes are the worst. I can't wear any eye make up because it's just running off. Ugh.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

TFTNT!

I hope everyone had a good day!
Old 05-27-2019, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I finished planting my flowers when I got home and can barely open my eyes now, stupid allergies.

And somehow, even though it was mostly cloudy all day yesterday, my part in my hair got sunburnt, which I didn't discover until I showered.

I'm exhausted, I need a day to recover from my day off.

I'm going on a first date on Thursday and I'm dreading it. I've been kind of seeing this other guy but ehh, I don't see it going anywhere. But I feel slightly guilty seeing a new guy without totally explicitly ending it with this other guy. My friends think I'm nuts that I'm not excited...I tried to explain it to them that it's literally like a job interview for me. I'll feel better about it after we meet but until then I'm going to be nervous/wish I was doing anything but meeting someone new. This is why I'm in therapy.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hate that you and Kiki are having allergy issues. No fun!
I’m glad you not your flowers finished.
Sunburns on the scalp are the worst! Hopefully that will be better by morning. Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I finished planting my flowers when I got home and can barely open my eyes now, stupid allergies.

And somehow, even though it was mostly cloudy all day yesterday, my part in my hair got sunburnt, which I didn't discover until I showered.

I'm exhausted, I need a day to recover from my day off.

I'm going on a first date on Thursday and I'm dreading it. I've been kind of seeing this other guy but ehh, I don't see it going anywhere. But I feel slightly guilty seeing a new guy without totally explicitly ending it with this other guy. My friends think I'm nuts that I'm not excited...I tried to explain it to them that it's literally like a job interview for me. I'll feel better about it after we meet but until then I'm going to be nervous/wish I was doing anything but meeting someone new. This is why I'm in therapy.
I get it feeling like it’s a job interview. That’s a good analogy. I have a friend who used to be queen of first dates. She was very clear about what she was looking for and it was rare for a guy to get a second date. It saved her a lot of time I the long run. When she found her husband she knew he was the one!
Old 05-27-2019, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I actually just went to get ready for bed and discovered my shoulders got burnt today too. That I can explain since it was really sunny and in the 70's. I just didn't think about putting sunscreen on because I didn't think I'd be out that long. I'm now lathered up in coconut butter.

I have a problem with being too nice and if there's not that spark or immediate connection I kind of lose interest. I'm stuck between whether knowing I should give it some time to grow or just move on.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:16 PM
Addicted Fan

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. This was my first holiday weekend my entire adult career that I had entirely off. It almost felt too long having three days off. lol But of course now that it's over I'm grumpy about having to go back to work!

I watched The Perfection on Netflix. It had so much buzz that I was really excited. The big sell was that the less you know going in, the better. That's totally true. But afterward I just felt icky. It fit into my movie category of "Just because you CAN make it, doesn't mean you always should." I hope one of you watch, because I'm genuinely curious if you'll feel the same or if it's just me. I do like Allison Williams though.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was going to say, before you know it three days won't be enough! I've been here for a few hours and I'm already wishing for Friday. That first day back is always rough. Case in point I've literally spent half my morning texting with my cousin about plans for a giant family vacation in Turks and Caicos or Punta Cana next spring...which, if anyone has any bad or great experiences in either location, please share. We have to go on her college spring break, which means there will be spring breakers, but I'd prefer to spend more and go somewhere that's less invaded by drunk coeds, which I think might be Turks and Caicos.

I like Allison Williams a lot too and I noticed she'd been promoting something but I didn't know what. I'll have to check The Perfection out, I saw some off hand comments about it catching on like Bird Box but that it had a twist...I'll check it out. I logged in to Netflix last night after the hockey game to see there's a new Renee Zellweger series on there too but was too tired to watch anything other than a short Schitt's Creek episode. It's a horror movie? Or I thought I saw it was a thriller. I really know nothing about The Perfection. I'll have to watch it.

I couldn't watch the most recent episode of Chernobyl last night, it was a rough one if you are an animal lover. I'll have to go back and watch it when I can skip through some parts. It's just even harder to watch knowing that it's a true story. But it is a really well done series, it'll be an awards contender I'm sure.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 05-28-2019 at 08:54 AM
Old 05-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Addicted Fan

I've only heard raves about Chernobyl. I'm planning to binge it once it's all aired. I want to get out of the habit of starting shows and then not finishing them. It's been a year since I watched another Mindhunter episode, and now I don't remember what I'd watched! Same with The Good Fight, Orange is the New Black, a couple shows on Hulu, the one on Crackle with Jason from True Blood -- on and on. I've still only watched the first two Killing Eves this season, which is ridiculous because I love that show!

Meanwhile I decided to give Fleabag a second chance, and yes it is pretty great. I'm on episode 4. And I'm committing myself to finishing it before I start anything else.

The Perfection is being labeled a horror movie, but I'm not sure that fits. But I can't tell you why until you watch. It's a much darker story than Bird Box. I think Netflix is hoping it catches on like BB did, but I don't see word of mouth helping it.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah Chernobyl is really very good. Just hard to watch, really hard to watch. I'm pretty good about starting something and finishing it. I've been kind of watching Schitt's Creek episodes here and there but I usually finish things before I jump into something else. I just watched the second season finale of Killing Eve.

There's a series called Hot Zone on the National Geographic channel with Juliana Margulies and the actor that plays Ser Davos in Game of Thrones. It's about the Ebola virus and the scare in the 80's. Topher Grace is in it too. It's pretty good, just a limited series airing this week.

I was actually just thinking about rewatching Mindhunter after I heard that the second season is coming in August. I had no idea Charlize Theron was a producer on the series.

I'll watch The Perfection this weekend I hope. I'm looking forward to it now!
Old 05-28-2019, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’ve only heard good things about Punta Cana. I have friends that have been and they LOVED it!

I had a weird day. It started like a Monday and I said, “No! Not on my watch!” It improved after that. My chiro did some lymphatic drainage work on me today and I LOVED it! I’m going to find someone who specializes in it and do my entire lymphatic system! It felt great!
Old 05-29-2019, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was so tired yesterday and today. I feel like that extra day should leave you feeling refreshed and instead I feel like i'm just behind. This feels like the shortest, yet somehow longest week ever.

Punta Cana might have to be it because we're looking for all inclusive resorts and there are only two on the island we were looking at in Turks & Caicos and one is a couples resort, the other is just too expensive. With possibly 20+ people in our traveling party we're just trying to make it the easiest possible. Don't want to leave the resort, just hang out on a beach for a week and not have to worry about anything. I'd say we should just do a cruise but I have a few very vocal parties that just don't want to do that.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It turned out to be a slow day for me. My morning clients rescheduled and then my evening client rescheduled. I don’t mind, but it really messes with my paycheck when they do!
Old 05-29-2019, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was super unproductive today. This short week is draining me. I need a weekend of nothing but sleep, I haven't been sleeping well because it's been warmer. I like sleeping in the cold and I'm not ready to turn the air on yet. It's too humid to open the windows, boo.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:40 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm not looking forward to summer at all. It feels like it's been so hot already that I can't imagine what August will be like.

I've been TOO productive today. I'm exhausted. And then I volunteered to work over the weekend on unpaid OT. Stupid!

I've been recording the Hot Zone but haven't watched yet. Story of my life. lol I'm crazy to watch it anyway with my OCD! But I love Julianna Margulies, and now Ser Davos.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread