Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2019, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)

Has anyone ever used Rent the Runway? I have an oddly large number of weddings to go to this year and I don't want to buy new dresses.
Where is Amanda and what have you done with her?!?
Old 02-17-2019, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Well I'm about to spend a lot of money on a bathroom I didn't plan on spending money on so I need to save where I can.

But honestly it's just not out of date, or it's been so long that it's come back in style. Kudos to whoever originally designed the bathroom because it's all white subway tile and never really went out of style so I could just paint and it would look fine.

Jason Momoa is super hot in Game of Thrones, but that's all I've seen him in.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 02-17-2019 at 10:16 PM
Old 02-18-2019, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ha, to those school districts that were cancelling winter breaks and were forcing kids to go to school today to make up a day...snow day anyway because we got six inches of snow last night. Jokes on them.

Or actually jokes on all of us because they called for 1-2 inches and I woke up to six and was late for work.

What is everyone's opinion on one wallpapered wall as an accent wall in a bathroom. I'm trying to decide on an accent wall (the wall you'd see from the hallway) or a more bold tile on the floor. Or just stick to all white subway tile again and go really neutral. I just worry with anything too bold I'll change my mind about it in a few years, like I'm already doing with my kitchen. But in that case I went safe and wished I would have gone more bold.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Ha, to those school districts that were cancelling winter breaks and were forcing kids to go to school today to make up a day...snow day anyway because we got six inches of snow last night. Jokes on them.

Or actually jokes on all of us because they called for 1-2 inches and I woke up to six and was late for work.

What is everyone's opinion on one wallpapered wall as an accent wall in a bathroom. I'm trying to decide on an accent wall (the wall you'd see from the hallway) or a more bold tile on the floor. Or just stick to all white subway tile again and go really neutral. I just worry with anything too bold I'll change my mind about it in a few years, like I'm already doing with my kitchen. But in that case I went safe and wished I would have gone more bold.
One accent wall is fine. The white subway tiles are classic. Go bold with the paper or paint, and that’s easy to change later down the line.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The problem with the accent wall is that it's the dominant wall so you'll see it from the hallway but it's also the largest wall. I don't know. I might just start with the vanity and work around that. I'm so indecisive, this is why my house is a bunch of neutral colors because I always change my mind.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
The problem with the accent wall is that it's the dominant wall so you'll see it from the hallway but it's also the largest wall. I don't know. I might just start with the vanity and work around that. I'm so indecisive, this is why my house is a bunch of neutral colors because I always change my mind.
A neutral background with color pops in towels, pillows, curtains, etc. isn’t a bad thing either.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Which is what I usually end up deciding to do. Like I love my red couch that I can pull off because I have neutral creamy colors in that room. We'll see, I forgot how much I hate shopping for vanities, nothing is exactly what I want. That and light fixtures.

My handyman was here today and said he can do it in 10 days but has to start Monday...and I'm going away for the weekend so I essentially have two days to order everything before he's here Monday to demo it.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Which is what I usually end up deciding to do. Like I love my red couch that I can pull off because I have neutral creamy colors in that room. We'll see, I forgot how much I hate shopping for vanities, nothing is exactly what I want. That and light fixtures.

My handyman was here today and said he can do it in 10 days but has to start Monday...and I'm going away for the weekend so I essentially have two days to order everything before he's here Monday to demo it.
Tht leaves no time to change your mind! Be decisive!
Old 02-19-2019, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a vanity picked out that ships Tuesday...no turning back now.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good luck
Old 02-20-2019, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thanks! I hate dealing with change. Especially sudden change, so having to make all these decisions quickly and have my house ripped apart again makes me anxious.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

I'm impressed that you have money to do renovations so quickly and unexpectedly. I'm in the wrong profession for sure.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks! I hate dealing with change. Especially sudden change, so having to make all these decisions quickly and have my house ripped apart again makes me anxious.
Hopefully it all works out in the end
Old 02-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I have a vanity picked out that ships Tuesday...no turning back now.
Good job!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Closed Thread   Post New Thread