Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2019, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I have a weird work schedule where my start time is different nearly every day. Today was an early day. But for some reason I woke right up and I haven't been tired at all! In fact, I've been kind of animated today! Must be because it's Friday.

I think Rami's pretty much a lock for the Oscar. He's probably the ONLY sure thing at this point. Well, and Gaga for best song. I'm preparing to be disappointed for most of the night (except for Rami!), though I have a sneaking suspicion Richard E. Grant might actually win best supporting actor instead of either Mahershala or Sam Elliott.

We're SUPPOSED to be taking a little fun, overnight family trip this weekend, but for some reason today everyone is arguing with each other! Except me, I've just been getting the texts from them complaining to me! Anyway, it'll be an interesting Saturday/Saturday night, that's for sure! I'm not even sure who's still going.

Meanwhile, I just heard there's a snow storm Nadia that's heading East? Anyone else know about it?

It's been a while since I watched or rewatched a series. Al I wanna do is watch FNL! I even snuck in a little while getting ready for work today. Haha.

That's very cool about Jeff Daniels, Amanda!
Okay, that's a bit of a different schedule then

Enjoy your little trip
Old 02-16-2019, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

So, I saw Green Book today. I LOVED it. Lornette.. I remember you said you didn't like it but I don't remember why. My one complaint is that it was too long, but I really can only think of one scene that could have been cut out. I had never seen Viggo or Mahershala in anything so I have nothing to compare them to. Sometimes actors play so many roles the same, it's when they transform that makes them a great actor imo. But I will say that Viggo really won me over and I will be looking into some of his other roles. I have always wanted to see Moonlight so I will definitely do so now. HOWEVER, now that I have seen it.. I still think Timmy was better in Beautiful Boy. Re Green Book though -I laughed and cried. Always a good sign, and it kept my attention for the most part. The actress who played Viggo's wife and the actor who played his brother in law both caught my attention. I have to look into who they are. And I honestly thought the movie was going to have the premise..." black guy teaches white guy about life in the 1960s, makes him change his way." But I think it was actually the other way around for the most part. I know it had some mixed reviews, but mostly good.

Off topic.. I read today that Forest Gump has like a 72 on Rotten Tomatoes. And you know what? I didn't LOVE Forest Gump. I love it now, but at the time, I thought it was silly.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I haven't seen Green Book because of a lot of the stories surrounding it but I do love Marershala and have since House of Cards. You should see Moonlight regardless, it's a beautiful movie, he's not in it quite as much as I thought he would be but it's a great movie. I've only seen Viggo in Lord of the Rings and of course he's awesome in GI Jane. Major side eye for him though dropping the "N" word on multiple occasions during Green Book press tour.

Forest Gump is a great movie to just drop into the movie and watch because it's basically a bunch of short stories made into a movie. I mean Tom Hanks makes that movie.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I loved Forest Gump when it came out and I still love it now.

So it was 75 on Thursday and 38 today. I can’t keep up. We hate being hot, so I had the AC on. When the temp dropped over night it froze it up and I woke up to it dripping this morning. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Like freaking water torture. I called maintenance, they came and hit off my heat and turned the fan on auto. After an hour and a half, I turned it off and the heater back on. I made a pot of coffee and I’m still cold. This weather blows.

But, the maintenance guy’s arrival spurred me to some quick cleaning. Dishes started, laundry going, bathroom picked up, bed made... which turned out to be a good thing besides my anxiety of a stranger judging me and my home. My parents had baby Minion and after taking him to breakfast and a movie, they BOTH brought him home and they BOTH came in to look around and do their own judging. That judgement is not my imagination.

I hate to get out, but I’ll have to get something for dinner at some point. Why must the children insist on proper meals three times a day? Why I ask you? It’s their daddy’s fault. He taught them that cereal is not a meal, and sandwiches are not for dinner. Just shoot me. Oh! Brilliant idea. Breakfast! Pancakes, sausage, and eggs. I have all those things. Or French toast. Yay! I don’t have to get out after all! Yay me!

Lornette, a flexible schedule makes it hard sometimes! I know I don’t always have clients at the same times each day. It makes a schedule difficult. I try to go to bed at the same time each night regardless of when I need to get up. That helps me some. I’m quite sensitive to caffeine, so I have to be sure not to have it too late in the afternoon.

I don’t care about the Oscars. I don’t think I’ve seen any of the movies nominated. I always like to see the dresses and who wins, but I have no vested interest in them this year. Not sure we’ll even watch. I can catch the highlights afterwards.

My sewing projects are going smoother. I managed to make a scarf without having to zip the piper out at all. I got it right on the first try! Now I’m building on that win and I bravely have cut out a pattern to make a pair of leggings! In my short visit to the world of sewing, I know this... if anyone tells you they sew to save money they are liars. I’m sure it gets better once I have those bigger one time purchases out of the way.

I’m binging Call the Midwife right now. I love it. I’ve been watching it for years.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I haven't seen Green Book because of a lot of the stories surrounding it but I do love Marershala and have since House of Cards. You should see Moonlight regardless, it's a beautiful movie, he's not in it quite as much as I thought he would be but it's a great movie. I've only seen Viggo in Lord of the Rings and of course he's awesome in GI Jane. Major side eye for him though dropping the "N" word on multiple occasions during Green Book press tour.

Forest Gump is a great movie to just drop into the movie and watch because it's basically a bunch of short stories made into a movie. I mean Tom Hanks makes that movie.
I don't know any of the controversy around Green Book.

My nephew LOVED Forest Gump so I have now seen it 100 times or more... bits and parts. You can just drop in and watch it. But yes, Tom Hanks was the best part. And I always loved Sally Fields until I saw her on Graham Norten with Rami and I thought she was a bitch.

My father was in Vietnam and he has an army buddy named Dan. So of course we have a field day with that whenever he comes to town. He becomes, "Lt. Dan...." Even though he wasn't a Lieutenant. My nephew started that when he was like 5 and of course we thought it was hysterical and it just stuck.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hang heard that about the press tour. Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I don't know any of the controversy around Green Book.

My nephew LOVED Forest Gump so I have now seen it 100 times or more... bits and parts. You can just drop in and watch it. But yes, Tom Hanks was the best part. And I always loved Sally Fields until I saw her on Graham Norten with Rami and I thought she was a bitch.

My father was in Vietnam and he has an army buddy named Dan. So of course we have a field day with that whenever he comes to town. He becomes, "Lt. Dan...." Even though he wasn't a Lieutenant. My nephew started that when he was like 5 and of course we thought it was hysterical and it just stuck.
That’s cute!
Old 02-16-2019, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Well, I mean there's more than just the press tour, the family of Dr. Shirley claimed the movie was filled with lies, and one of the writers' previous anti-Muslim tweets surfaced which is super messy because Marsheala is muslim...so there were a good couple weeks I felt like every day there was something negative surrounding it in the news.

I fell on my butt on the snow on the grass that is now basically ice. Pretty sure I could put on a pair of skates and I'd be good to go, makeshift ice rink on all grass surfaces around here right now. It's only in the 20's and more snow tomorrow. I'm starting to get tired of Winter. March isn't too far off, thank goodness.

I probably eat one proper meal a day, usually for breakfast and lunch I'm snacking or might even skip one or the other. I have a terrible habit of living on iced coffee and nuts or protein bars or just a handful of something here or there until dinner. Growing up between my brother and my schedule we rarely ate together as a family so save for Sunday night we usually just grabbed whatever. I'm trying to get better at meal prepping but I don't usually have the patience for it.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I didn’t know about any of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Well, I mean there's more than just the press tour, the family of Dr. Shirley claimed the movie was filled with lies, and one of the writers' previous anti-Muslim tweets surfaced which is super messy because Marsheala is muslim...so there were a good couple weeks I felt like every day there was something negative surrounding it in the news.

I fell on my butt on the snow on the grass that is now basically ice. Pretty sure I could put on a pair of skates and I'd be good to go, makeshift ice rink on all grass surfaces around here right now. It's only in the 20's and more snow tomorrow. I'm starting to get tired of Winter. March isn't too far off, thank goodness.

I probably eat one proper meal a day, usually for breakfast and lunch I'm snacking or might even skip one or the other. I have a terrible habit of living on iced coffee and nuts or protein bars or just a handful of something here or there until dinner. Growing up between my brother and my schedule we rarely ate together as a family so save for Sunday night we usually just grabbed whatever. I'm trying to get better at meal prepping but I don't usually have the patience for it.
I’ll send the minions to you for a few weeks, they will cure you of that habit.
They are good about being flexible on the time of eating. Some days they are starving at 5:30 and some nights we don’t eat until we’ll after 8.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 02-17-2019 at 04:00 PM
Old 02-16-2019, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

The only time my home gets a proper cleaning is when someone is coming over!

Darn kids... always wanting to be fed. I ate popcorn at the movies and I'm good for the night probably. There were times when my niece and nephew were little and I was watching them and forgot to feed them. lol They'd be like... "We're hungry Keeks!" and it was 8 o'clock. oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
But, the maintenance guy’s arrival spurred me to some quick cleaning. Dishes started, laundry going, bathroom picked up, bed made... which turned out to be a good thing besides my anxiety of a stranger judging me and my home. My parents had baby Minion and after taking him to breakfast and a movie, they BOTH brought him home and they BOTH came in to look around and do their own judging. That judgement is not my imagination.

I hate to get out, but I’ll have to get something for dinner at some point. Why must the children insist on proper meals three times a day? Why I ask you? It’s their daddy’s fault. He taught them that cereal is not a meal, and sandwiches are not for dinner. Just shoot me. Oh! Brilliant idea. Breakfast! Pancakes, sausage, and eggs. I have all those things. Or French toast. Yay! I don’t have to get out after all! Yay me!

I don’t care about the Oscars. I don’t think I’ve seen any of the movies nominated. I always like to see the dresses and who wins, but I have no vested interest in them this year. Not sure we’ll even watch. I can catch the highlights afterwards.

My sewing projects are going smoother. I managed to make a scarf without having to zip the piper out at all. I got it right on the first try! Now I’m building on that win and I bravely have cut out a pattern to make a pair of leggings! In my short visit to the world of sewing, I know this... if anyone tells you they sew to save money they are liars. I’m sure it gets better once I have those bigger one time purchases out of the way.
I've always enjoyed the Oscars etc. I've been invested in several actors... Matt Damon, Leo, and now Timmy and Rami. I just enjoy it. A lot of times I don't know the movies but I make a point to go see them. I enjoy the Indy movies better now than the box office draws. I just learned that the role that William DeFoe is nominated for is him playing Vincent VanGogh. I didn't realize that. I may have to see the movie now.. Eternities Gate or something like that. He will always be his character in Platoon to me though. I have however, given up on the Grammys. I don't know any of the bands anymore.

Speaking of box office draws. Timmy is signed on to two movies with huge casts. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Dune with Jason Momoa, Zendaya, Josh Brolin, Javier Barden and Stellan Skarsgård. And then The French Dispatch with Saoirse Ronan, Kate Winslet, Bill Murray, Willem Dafoe, Benicio Del Toro, Tilda Swinton, Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson, Henry Winkler, Frances McDormand, and Fisher Stevens.

There is a movie coming out that I kind of want to see. I love Dwayne Johnson but I don't see many of his movies. This new one, Fighting With My Family looks pretty good. Florence Pugh reminds me of a cross between Ellen Paige and Janeane Garofalo. It's gotten good reviews so far.

Re sewing. I wish you lived closer Kayla. I need a new button and latch on two pairs of dress pants. I am about to pay to get it done.

Last edited by elherts; 02-16-2019 at 07:09 PM
Old 02-16-2019, 06:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw Paul Walker mentioned a few posts up. . . I think until Friday I had never seen a film with him in. But on Friday I watched. . . Varsity Blues! Just because they mentioned it on Don't Blame the Bitch in Apt 23. I didn't hate it, and obviously there are many similarities with FNL.

My weekend is basically revolving around taking one or both of my kids to birthday parties. They have better social lives than me! I did go out for tea with two of my school friends last night though too.

We just got some food in and watched the Favourite on valentine's day. Bobby loved the film, I wasn't 100% on it. Mind, I was a bit distracted so not sure if I was following properly.

Our schools have a week off next week for half term, so I'll have to think of a couple of things to do with the girls on the days I'm not working.

I've also recently become addicted to watching/buying Converse on Ebay. I justify it to myself that the prices are a steal, but I still need to stop!

Lastly, that's great about Jeff Daniels. Dumb and Dumber is my ultimate guilty pleasure movie!

Last edited by ThirtyThree; 02-16-2019 at 07:14 PM
Old 02-16-2019, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This guy is such an idiot, this is in the harbor just south of our cottage on Lake Huron. It's not uncommon for people to drive their trucks out on the water if they're ice fishing in the harbor or whatever...but this idiot tried to get back in his sinking truck to get something, literally truck going under and he's still in it. The sirens going off are for the volunteer fire department. I always think it's a tornado warning because they're the same sirens. So dumb, he'd probably been drinking.

https://www.facebook.com/LiveStormCh...342817738174//

People always say Taylor looks like Paul Walker. I think there's a passing resemblance but nothing that's crazy uncanny.

I think my exposure to the Oscars I've just always been disappointed, it probably started when I first ever cared when Titanic was nominated but Leo wasn't.

I'm watching 'The Front Runner' it's good so far, a really good cast. It's always interesting to see Hugh Jackman in a non hero role.

I have some friends that can't go a few hours without eating something, so when I'm with her I always have like baggies of almond or granola bars in my purse for her as backup. She gets nauseous if she gets hungry. I love and hate weekends away with her because I always feel like I gain 10 pounds because we're eating constantly.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 02-17-2019 at 03:13 PM
Old 02-17-2019, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had a lovely morning discovering water in my kitchen coming from my ceiling right under the bath tub in the guest bathroom...I had just cleaned the tub, it's not used that often. Literally water dripping from one of the light fixtures. Luckily my handy man came right over, had to poke holes in the ceiling and remove drywall and the pipe has basically disintegrated. I guess that's what happens in a 60 year old house. Ugh...that is the one bathroom in the house that hasn't been redone, but I don't have 10 grand lying around to get it done at the moment. But it's probably going to cost a couple grand anyway to replace the ceiling drywall in my kitchen anyway.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’d have been good for the night with popcorn too!

My children would badger you to death. They would not let you forget. Trust me when I say we could all skip a few meals and not miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)

Darn kids... always wanting to be fed. I ate popcorn at the movies and I'm good for the night probably. There were times when my niece and nephew were little and I was watching them and forgot to feed them. lol They'd be like... "We're hungry Keeks!" and it was 8 o'clock. oops

I've always enjoyed the Oscars etc. I've been invested in several actors... Matt Damon, Leo, and now Timmy and Rami. I just enjoy it. A lot of times I don't know the movies but I make a point to go see them. I enjoy the Indy movies better now than the box office draws. I just learned that the role that William DeFoe is nominated for is him playing Vincent VanGogh. I didn't realize that. I may have to see the movie now.. Eternities Gate or something like that. He will always be his character in Platoon to me though. I have however, given up on the Grammys. I don't know any of the bands anymore.

Speaking of box office draws. Timmy is signed on to two movies with huge casts. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Dune with Jason Momoa, Zendaya, Josh Brolin, Javier Barden and Stellan Skarsgård. And then The French Dispatch with Saoirse Ronan, Kate Winslet, Bill Murray, Willem Dafoe, Benicio Del Toro, Tilda Swinton, Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson, Henry Winkler, Frances McDormand, and Fisher Stevens.

There is a movie coming out that I kind of want to see. I love Dwayne Johnson but I don't see many of his movies. This new one, Fighting With My Family looks pretty good. Florence Pugh reminds me of a cross between Ellen Paige and Janeane Garofalo. It's gotten good reviews so far.

Re sewing. I wish you lived closer Kayla. I need a new button and latch on two pairs of dress pants. I am about to pay to get it done.
I haven’t watched the Grammys super nice the 90’s.

I don’t get the Jason Momoa hype. The second movie is Oscar winner after Oscar winner. That should be good.

My kids love The Rock.

I could definitely fix those things, don’t even need a sewing machine.

Varsity Blues is a classic! Did you spot Jesse Plemons in it?

A, do you think the cold weather affected the pipe? That’s awful! Boo! No fun at all!
Old 02-17-2019, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've decided I'm just going to have to have the bathroom updated. I don't want to spend a ton of money on it and fixing the pipe issue just to have more issues come up because it's so old.

It's not the same pipes that froze, that was in my bathroom. This was actually just the case that the plumbing is so old, the original plumbing, that it just disintegrated. I can have him at least fix the drywall in my kitchen and fix the pipe and just not use the bathtub until they have time to redo the bathroom. Probably will take about a week when he has time to do it.

I haven't seen Varsity Blues in so long, but I do remember Jesse in it.

Has anyone ever used Rent the Runway? I have an oddly large number of weddings to go to this year and I don't want to buy new dresses.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 02-17-2019 at 06:31 PM
Old 02-17-2019, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

I have so many projects in my house that need fixing. I just don't want to spend the money so I keep putting them off.

I think Jason Momoa is hot, but I'm not in all the hoopla.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread