Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oldest Minion’s last exam was December 14th and her first class is January 22nd. She’s done mid May. She’s totally okay with the break.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hope he loves Michigan State. The campus is huge. When I was there it was walk it and deal with it or battle for parking but when I went there for a tour with my cousin last year the new craze is mopeds. Everyone has a moped, literally everyone. She ended up going to Ohio State because it was in state tuition for her, the out of state tuition for MSU was kind of ridiculous.

My cousin at OSU has been off for about a month, she doesn't go back until Monday.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Oldest Minion’s last exam was December 14th and her first class is January 22nd. She’s done mid May. She’s totally okay with the break.
Does she go to a private school?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We'll have to discuss the Golden Globes in here tonight. I'm at a disadvantage with the movie categories, I haven't seen a lot of them but a lot of my favorite shows have been nominated.

I'll post the order in which the awards will be announced tonight when I can find it.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to a Wine & Cheese party tonight but I will check in from my phone. I'm going to one get together to watch the Eagles game and then I have to jump in my car and somehow get 30 minutes away by 8pm so I don't miss the opening shots. I am DVRing but hopefully I will make it.

Kayla -I just watched the season 4 finale of Gilmore Girls. My my Rory... I didn't know you had it in you!
Old 01-06-2019, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Apparently the schedule that was leaked to all the blogs, news outlets isn't accurate.

Rooting for any win for Amy Adams, Adam Driver, Alison Brie...anything to do with Killing Eve, Sharp Objects and Succession and of course Connie.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 01-06-2019 at 06:15 PM
Old 01-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

I only care about Timmy and Rami. Would like to see Bohemian Rhapsody win best picture but I know that's doubtful.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't understand the need for Bradley Cooper to do his annual botox treatment for awards season, he looks so strange. His look in A Star is Born is fine...aging is fine. What's the worry? He looks ridiculous.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Underwhelmed so far. Happy for Sandra for Killing Eve, happy for Regina King even though I haven't seen Beale Street, she's in so much else I love and always gives a great performance.

I haven't seen Green Book but what I have seen about it is kind of "meh" so I don't know what to make of its wins. Though I do like Mahershala. At least Patricia won for Sharp Objects.

The most exciting thing of the night to happen so far is the drama over Chrissy Metz possibly calling Alison Brie a bitch on the red carpet when she thought they'd cut away from her interview.

Kiki, happy for you that Rami won but the utter outrage over Bohemian Rhapsody winning is kind of making me laugh. This is what the Hollywood Foreign Press does... awards a movie that sits at 62% on rotten tomatoes with the award of the night. The treatment of this movie is so weird from what category it's in to not even having its director there because he's basically in hiding and waiting for the other shoe to drop over his underage sex abuse scandal to finally go mainstream.

Happy for Glenn though, I got some odd satisfaction over watching Gaga not win (not sure why).

Last edited by worthyoflove; 01-06-2019 at 09:27 PM
Old 01-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Does she go to a private school?
She takes dual credit classes at a jr college. She’ll graduate high school with over 50% of her degree plan finished! She’ll take those hours and go into a 4 yr university as a transfer student to finish. She’s a rockstar.

I totally forgot the golden globes were on! I’ll have to hit the highlights on Hulu.

Oh the s%#$storm Rory starts with that!
Old 01-06-2019, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Kiki, happy for you that Rami won but the utter outrage over Bohemian Rhapsody winning is kind of making me laugh. This is what the Hollywood Foreign Press does... awards a movie that sits at 62% on rotten tomatoes with the award of the night. The treatment of this movie is so weird from what category it's in to not even having its director there because he's basically in hiding and waiting for the other shoe to drop over his underage sex abuse scandal to finally go mainstream.
There is outrage that they won? I imagine surprise, but outrage? That's ridiculous. And Bryan Singer was fired 2/3 way through the movie, they do not consider him the director, but for legality reasons he has to get billing. Dexter Fletcher was the director. I know Rami has been tight lipped about what happened, but apparently they did not get along. When asked if he wants to comment, he literally says, "Nope." And honestly, I hope the awards are not based on Rotten Tomato scores, that would be silly. Vice has a 63% score and that had the highest number of nominations. I thought it was better than A Star is Born, which I really thought was going to win, and I would have been fine with. Bohemian Rhapsody was considered the underdog and I think they are just as shocked as everyone else that they won. Glad for Glenn Close but upset for GaGa although she did win song. Bradley came up empty handed which I'm shocked, but as I have said before, I was NOT impressed with his performance, although I just really like him. But he does need to chill out on the Botox. I literally screamed when Rami won. So deserving. Every critic who has panned the movie has praised him. His speech was wonderful, he's just a great guy. Bummed for Timothee though.

Last edited by elherts; 01-06-2019 at 11:37 PM
Old 01-06-2019, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
She takes dual credit classes at a jr college. She’ll graduate high school with over 50% of her degree plan finished! She’ll take those hours and go into a 4 yr university as a transfer student to finish. She’s a rockstar.
That's interesting. Is it considered a public school program? So she'll graduate college at 20?
Old 01-06-2019, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There is a bit of outrage, but I think it’s the combination of the fact that it won, Green Book won, the weird category fraud in both cases and the Bryan Singer thing that has people all riled up.

I didn’t really think A Star Is Born was award worthy either though. Bradley was the standout for me there.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 01-06-2019 at 11:51 PM
Old 01-06-2019, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
That's interesting. Is it considered a public school program? So she'll graduate college at 20?
She’ll have her associates when she goes to a 4 yr school. She’ll have her bachelors in 2022, in the spring, so she’ll be 19! Then she’ll get her masters by 21... that’s her plan.

One of the school districts here has partnered with the jr college for years. The program to have your associates by HS graduation started the yr she was a freshman.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
She’ll have her associates when she goes to a 4 yr school. She’ll have her bachelors in 2022, in the spring, so she’ll be 19! Then she’ll get her masters by 21... that’s her plan.

One of the school districts here has partnered with the jr college for years. The program to have your associates by HS graduation started the yr she was a freshman.
How do you feel about that? 19 and in the real world. She must be pretty mature and driven. Although my niece is very bright and excels academically, she just wants to get drunk and be with her boyfriend at 19. lol

I think they need to do away with the two categories for best picture, and just keep it one. Who actually is the Hollywood Foreign Press?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread