Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} 47: Because It's Not Always About Taylor

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I literally did nothing all day but watch TV. I kind of feel guilty. I have a lot to do around here. Finished ER season 4 so that will go to the end of the list. Still working my way through Always Sunny... Elementary, Blue Bloods, Season 4 Gilmore Girls. Its been 3 years since I made my original list of shows to watch. It was my New Year's Resolution. I've added to it and I've finished some but I've barely made a dent. I just added the new Sabrina to the list. I don't know why... It looks entertaining. Anything I should add??

MAKING MY WAY THROUGH
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Blue Bloods
The Crown
Divorce
Elementary
The Office
Outlander
Mr Robot
Sherlock
Gilmore Girls
Veep

REWATCH
ER
Madmen
Vampire Diaries
Weeds
Sopranos

BEGIN WATCHING
Mindhunters
Mrs Maisel
Ozark
Sabrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I would say start Mindhunter only because that was my favorite show of last year. I still always feel the need to rewatch it. I think season two is coming this spring.

Handmaids Tale and Killing Eve are both really good. Handmaids Tale is super depressing though. Succession on HBO was also sneaky good. It grows on you and actually was maybe my favorite show on HBO this year.

I need to try Barry on HBO too. I'm binging Game of Thrones still but have absolutely had the urge to start ER all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I plan to watch Mindhunter. I DVRd ER and planned to watch through season 5 when George Clooney leaves, but I guess they were in my DVR too long and some got deleted, so I made it through Season 4, Episode 10. And it seems they aren't playing it on LOGO anymore. I watched Season 1 of Game of Thrones, but I wasn't that into it. It was okay.

Quote:
ER used to be on POP almost every day and I'd get my random fix there, now I just have to go to Hulu.

Though it's always a struggle to make it past Carter leaving or becoming only a part time star.

Game of Thrones is a show that normally wouldn't be my thing, it's such a slow burn at times. There are seasons that I feel could have been condensed into a few episodes. I will say, watching it back this time I understand it so much better, only because I can identify who people are....there are so many bit characters that you'll see once and then you won't see again or hear mentioned again for another season, then they appear or are name dropped like you should know who they are.

My upside to being home this evening was watching football but I've defaulted to the Red Wings because all the games have been so bad.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I can add no more to my tv watching. My goal is to not add more... then I do. Ugh. I need to go back to not adding anything once a series ends.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I can add no more to my tv watching. My goal is to not add more... then I do. Ugh. I need to go back to not adding anything once a series ends.
It's like a competition to get them done... a challenge that will never end.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I generally can't jump from one show to a next. Part of my love of some shows is just the mood I have to be in to enjoy them or the mood it puts me in. So jumping from series to series isn't really my thing. Kind of the same way I can't read more than one book at once.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Sinner is worth watching if you haven't already seen it. Season 1 is brilliant!
ThirtyThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I really liked season one. Season two isn't on Netflix yet but I heard it was even better than season one.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would never watch tv if I had to watch it live. Binging is the way to go!

I can watch multiple series. Only one book at a time though.

I am sick that the Eagles won. Sorry, Kiki.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)

I am sick that the Eagles won. Sorry, Kiki.
Happy over here! Except Nick Foles got hurt and now we are down to our 3rd string QB who threw his first NFL touchdown tonight. The WR gave the ball to kid in the stands and then had to give it back because the quarterback wanted it. It was actually very cute. They gave the kid another ball. That's a moment he won't forget.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:14 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm so tuned out of sports. For a year and a half it was all hockey all the time because of Taylor. Then it was hockey and the Cavs. Then the Browns sucked me back in with Hard Knocks. But thennnn... I lost track of hockey; LeBron left for the Lakers and everyone else I knew on the Cavs was traded or retired; and now I can't stand the Browns just as they're starting to win again. I really don't like Baker Mayfield. He just rubs me the wrong way. But everyone here is treating him like he's a football god or something. Ugh.

My problem is that I'll finally start a show, get really into it, but then get busy and never finish. It happened with Mindhunter, which I thought was brilliant but still haven't gotten past episode 3 or 4.

For the past week I've been watching the Doctor Who marathon on BBC America. I'm gonna hate when it's over.

Emma, how was Mary Poppins? It looks adorable.

I'm working New Year's Eve, and am off on the Day but have no plans.

If I don't get the chance to say it tomorrow, Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2019 brings much brighter things for us all.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Eagles game was on in our area, but at the top of the 4th quarter they switched it to the bears and Vikings. They said, and I quote, “ We’re going to move you to a more entertaining game.” Hahaha. I mean, it was 20 something to zero. It was clear they would win, and at the time it was just 13 to 3 in Minnesota. Those bears are way to good for my liking this season.

Oldest Minion is going to a party tomorrow night. She gets to sleep over so I don’t have to get out to get her after all the partiers start driving.

Oldest Minion has been driving! She drove to my parents today, the grocery store yesterday! I’m so excited! She’s best in the middle lane; no chance of driving on the sidewalks! I’m just happy she’s getting her training hours in!! Woo hoo! She has to have 44 hours before she can get her license.

I can’t get on board with this new Mary Poppins. Julie Andrews is the best! Everyone keeps saying it’s good though. Maybe I’ll redbox it.

Two years ago, I decided my new skill for 2017 would be to learn to sew. I started off okay and then Lee happened. So... my 2019 skill will be to sew! I took my MIL’s machine to be serviced and fell in love with a new machine. The shop owner said financially it made more sense to buy a new one. It’s so awesome! I don’t need a foot pedal and it cuts my Thread for me. I’m so excited to learn to use it! I’m going to have to get my mom’s sewing table from storage. I don’t know where to put it, but it need the space to put the machine.

Also, my sister gave me my nephew’s tv. He got a new 65 inch in his room. His “old” one is perfect on my dresser! Now, I can watch something alone in my room. Or so I thought, the kids like watching tv from my bed. I can’t seem to shake them. Haha!
Old 12-31-2018, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've never had a TV in my room...well I guess that's not true. I had one in my room in college but I never really watched TV in my room. I still don't watch on a TV, I just watch on my iPad in my room.

Happy New Year! I'm hoping to be home before midnight...I generally really don't care for the New Year. The game will be over by whatever and then we're going home. It's rainy and crappy here today.

The Lions can't even lose right. They did not need to win that game against Green Bay yesterday, all it did was hurt their draft stock dropping them out of the top five.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I never had a tv in my room growing up. I did in college when I was in the dorm. I never wanted one when I was married, although at some point, I lost that war. I wouldn’t have one now if my sister hadn’t offered it to us. I can’t lie, the idea of having some me space is quite appealing. My introvert self has been displaced for almost 20 months now. With the exception of the kids going with my SIL this past summer, I’ve been with them almost 24/7 for 2 years.
I need a mom break. SIL wants to do something with them again this summer. I’m already shopping airlines. They want to take the, to DC and Williamsburg. I’d love to see both of those places, but... I’m also happy to get Kayla time.
I think being able to slip into my room to be alone will help recharge my batteries.

Quote:
I've never had a TV in my room...well I guess that's not true. I had one in my room in college but I never really watched TV in my room. I still don't watch on a TV, I just watch on my iPad in my room.

Happy New Year! I'm hoping to be home before midnight...I generally really don't care for the New Year. The game will be over by whatever and then we're going home. It's rainy and crappy here today.

The Lions can't even lose right. They did not need to win that game against Green Bay yesterday, all it did was hurt their draft stock dropping them out of the top five.
Sorry about the draft stock. I LOVE that they shut out Green Bay though. I cannot express how much I hate that team.

We’ve never been big NYE people either. Depending on what day Christmas falls on, most years I’ve spent NYE in Lubbock with Daddy's side of the family. Now that’s a rocking NYE... Lubbock, Texas. Hahaha! I grew up with that. I can think of one NYE that I went out with friends. We went to dinner and then back to someone’s house. Very low key.

It rained here last night. It’s dry at the moment. Weatherman is saying possible snow on Wednesday. We shall see... kids are excited for it!
Old 12-31-2018, 05:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Happy New Year everyone! It's 2019 here! Everyone else is in bed and I'm up witha glass of gin and a bag of crisps. Rock n roll!

Kayla I totally hear you about craving some me time. Connie still cries if I don't take her to the toilet with me! I did a sewing course last year and I made some lovely things. I have a machine at home, but I don't have any space to put it so I haven't sewn for about a year. I must get back to it!

Lornette, I really liked Mary Poppins and I think Emily Blunt did the role justice. But the songs weren't very catchy. . . Maybe they will grow on me if I see it again.

Amanda were you talking about the Sinner? Both seasons are on Netflix here. Also, the world seems to be Birdbox crazy, so well done to your friend!

If nothing else, 2019 will be the year I let to see Kitsch on the big screen for the first time!
ThirtyThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think I'm just too lazy to have a cable line run up to my room. Or I could just put a TV up there with a Roku too. I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't mind having it on in the morning while I get ready. That's nice that they offered it up to you though. I usually run my TV's into the ground. The two I have right now are both like 10 years old but still are fine.

That was the first shutout the Lions have put up in 22 years...let me say that again, 22 years! I was 12. That's insane, but oh so Lions.

Growing up we would do NYE with family friends who had kids that were our age. It was kind of like our Christmas celebration with them, we'd switch between our house and their house every year. That obviously fell apart once we all got older and their dad passed away as well, they moved to Arkansas.

I will never be able to go back to normal Red Wings tickets. It was raining and I worried about getting soaked but wherever we had to park that came with the tickets was where the players/families of the players park so we had a tunnel to the arena. Never had to step outside. They lost in a shootout, but it was still a really good game.

I want kids but then there's part of me that thinks I'm too selfish. I crave alone time and I need alone time or I just kind of burn out. I know if it's your kids it's different, but I do wonder if I'd be able to manage.

So the Sinner here airs originally on USA Network and was only put on Netflix afterward. I wonder if because you probably don't have the USA Network it went on to Netflix quicker there. Though I haven't checked recently to see if the second season is up. I know it took awhile for the first season to show up on there.

BirdBox does have a ton of buzz. I just thought it was okay, entertaining for what it was. I think I prefer A Quiet Place to it.

Yes! 2019 will bring a new Taylor movie which is always a good thing.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Reply   Post New Thread