Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This is hysterical.
I hope his roll in mud was worth for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I accidentally talked myself into a 5k on Thanksgiving morning. I hate running. But I took the dog to the park today and ran awhile. He loved it but he's so tiny, he can't go very far so it's perfect for me. As we were walking back down to the car I let him off leash in this big meadow... to which he found a huge pile of mud to literally roll around in like he does in the snow. OMG.. he was disgusting. I threw him in the tub which he HATES. I haven't bathed him in years, I always take him to the groomer. He was standing in the tub literally clinging onto me. He was practically laying on me while I'm bathing him. I was soaking wet, there was water all over the floor, it was a nightmare. And then he wouldn't let me dry him off so he was shivering/shaking to his core. I smeared peanut butter on the kitchen floor so he would lick it up and I could dry him off while he was distracted. Insane.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ugh dogs can be so dirty. That's funny though. We have an outdoor shower at our cottage and it is a life saver when it comes to getting Griz clean. I've almost considered putting one in at my house, it's heated, it's so much easier to just get in my bathing suit and hold him under there with me and wash him off. He's never been groomed. He has that weird hair that doesn't shed, doesn't grow but is long. He's a unicorn, he's so weird.

Traveling makes me so tired, combine that with being in a different time zone than I'm not used to while dealing with day light savings and I'm all screwed up.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would love to end this whole time change thing! No more!
Old 11-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I gained an hour Friday, gained another hour Sunday, then lost an hour today. Combine that with the fact that I was up at 5 a.m. yesterday...my body has no idea. I wish if I went to bed right now it would right itself, but it won't. I'll sleep too long and then screw up my sleep cycle even more.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I voted this morning, went to the doctor, got my flu shot now I'm waiting for Comcast to come and install internet at my office. I'm not sure I've ever had a more stereotypical adult day then today. I feel very grown up.

Oh and them my dog decided that my welcome home present last night was that he was going to have an upset tummy which led me to having to do a bum bath and getting in the shower with him to clean him off. Good times.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I am currently scrolling through Insta just liking every 'I voted' post. . . I don't even fully understand! I just feel like you guys over there are mostly all frustrated with your government. Just like we are over here, especially in light of the fiasco that is: Brexit!
Old 11-06-2018, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think this is the first election where I felt so strongly about going and my vote sending a message. I feel like so many people are frustrated and have been so frustrated over the last two years that they're coming out in droves to show just how upset they are with the way the country is trending. Today was the longest i've ever waited to vote, usually presidential elections have the longest lines but today they were almost doubled. It seemed like an incredible turnout for a midterm election.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

I wish I could put him in the shower with me. He would just jump out since I have a tub shower. My brother had him Sunday and Monday night because I teach Monday nights. Apparently, the mud had a lot of fertilizer in it because he wreaked like crap before I bathed him. My brother said he had to throw out his harness. It smelled awful.

I am shocked at the number of people who don't feel the way I do politically. This last election really brought that to the surface, which was shocking to me. So, I don't have high hopes honestly. It was pouring rain and I got to my polling place to find out that I was redistricted. I'm sure I was notified but just didn't bother to read it. My new place is now closer.

I am currently in bed already. So beat.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This is the first time I've really crossed party lines. I'm just tired of it.

I'm super tired too, the time change is still messing with me.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That was a very adult day today A!

I voted on Friday. This election has turned out sooo many voters! It’s a great thing!

The time change kills me every time. Spring is worse for me than fall though.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
I am currently scrolling through Insta just liking every 'I voted' post. . . I don't even fully understand! I just feel like you guys over there are mostly all frustrated with your government. Just like we are over here, especially in light of the fiasco that is: Brexit!
It's almost 2 am now and many of the returns are in. There appear to be many who are perfectly happy with our government. I wish I understood how.

Today I went to vote, and handed the person my driver's license, which she studied. And then she looked at me and asked me, "What's your address?" As if to quiz me. As if I might not be who I am. As if voter fraud is a huge problem in this country. (Fact: It is not.)

Only one person I voted for -- or even wanted to win -- actually won tonight, and he was a shoo-in anyway.

At least it's over.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I thought the "blue wave" would have been stronger. I'm glad they reclaimed the House, that'll make things more difficult for Trump but at the same time it is discouraging to see two seats flipped in the Senate going red. I just feel like there should be more of an uproar with the way the country is heading and that there's not is really really disappointing.

Personally, here, my voting area generally leans Democrat so everyone I voted for won. Our state flipped from a Republican Governor to a female Democratic Governor so yay for that. Our area (not mine but near me) also elected the first female Muslim woman to congress so YAY for that. All the proposals passed that I voted yes on, a big one was gerrymandering, which is awful in our state so that is going to be eradicated. And Michigan is now officially the first midwest state to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

But again, like you, Lornette, this election makes me nervous. There wasn't a large enough push for me to see that people really think there's something wrong. I wonder if this surge of support for Beto, even though he lost, will give him enough support to run for President in two years. He's someone I could get behind.

And sorry, that's the end of my political commentary. I don't generally like talking politics but this election had me fired up.

I know the stupid flu shot isn't supposed to make you sick but I totally feel like I'm fighting a mild cold today.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 11-07-2018 at 09:25 AM
Old 11-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't understand the 2 different houses etc but I'm astounded that we on the outside seem to see the US in a completely different way to you guys. I don't think the rest of the world could believe when Trump got in, and how much support he seems to get now when he comes across as such an idiot!
Old 11-07-2018, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think most of the US was shocked he was elected too. He is truly an idiot, acts like a child, and touts the fake news bull **** time and time again and his base rallies around it.

It's ridiculous. They are truly fear mongering, the left is going to take your guns, abort all the babies, allow all the immigrants in! Frankly, I generally, fiscally speaking, side with the right, but the social issues I'm far more liberal and the social issues are what matter most to me at this point in time. I'm disgusted with the right, this coming from a person who typically voted Republican previously (before the last general election).
Old 11-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I am excited to see the diversity headed to Washington! Different religions, more females, veterans! We needed this!

The gerrymandering prop was spearheaded by my HS friend! She worked so so so so hard on it. I am so proud of her! She is so excited!

Many people are now suing Beto should run in 2020.

I saw that only 6-8 million Texans voted. That’d be like only Dallas voting and no other city. So... for as many people who did vote, that many more, didn’t. Perhaps these election results will be enough for more to vote in 2020 and local elections in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I thought the "blue wave" would have been stronger. I'm glad they reclaimed the House, that'll make things more difficult for Trump but at the same time it is discouraging to see two seats flipped in the Senate going red. I just feel like there should be more of an uproar with the way the country is heading and that there's not is really really disappointing.

Personally, here, my voting area generally leans Democrat so everyone I voted for won. Our state flipped from a Republican Governor to a female Democratic Governor so yay for that. Our area (not mine but near me) also elected the first female Muslim woman to congress so YAY for that. All the proposals passed that I voted yes on, a big one was gerrymandering, which is awful in our state so that is going to be eradicated. And Michigan is now officially the first midwest state to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

But again, like you, Lornette, this election makes me nervous. There wasn't a large enough push for me to see that people really think there's something wrong. I wonder if this surge of support for Beto, even though he lost, will give him enough support to run for President in two years. He's someone I could get behind.

And sorry, that's the end of my political commentary. I don't generally like talking politics but this election had me fired up.

I know the stupid flu shot isn't supposed to make you sick but I totally feel like I'm fighting a mild cold today.
Flu shots are evil and I never get one. That’s all I’ll say about that.