Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2018, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} 46: Because We Usually Can't Stay On Topic

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I'm liking The Bodyguard. It's a good binge worthy show. I'm through three episodes and my biggest issue with it to this point is
Spoiler:
Otherwise I'm liking it very much. It's filling my Homeland void.

I have pumpkins sitting on my porch uncarved and I'm debating whether to actually put in the effort and carve those suckers. I just hate cleaning them out. It's such a hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
They will last through November if you don't carve them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Now that my niece and nephew are older, I put no effort into any type of holiday/seasonal decorations. I really should. Quality of life. But my town-home is in the back and no one would see it except for one neighbor... and I don't like them.
There's an elementary school at the end of my block and there are a good number of families with little ones so I at least attempt to put something out Halloween related for the trick-or-treaters.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Lornette, yes Jodie Whittaker is from Yorkshire! I don't watch Dr Who much but I caught the last 10 minutes tonight. She seemed to be doing a good job.

Amanda, I had the same feelings about Bodyguard. . . Keep watching though. . .

I'm still enjoying/getting extremely frustrated by Making a Murderer. I think I just watched episode 7 tonight.

I mean, I have 2 little kids of my own and thus far I've not done anything Halloween-y to the house! I don't think it's as much of a big deal over here as it is over there, although it is becoming more so. I bought some decorations last November when they were on sale and kept them to use this year, so I'll have to dig them out.

Happy belated Birthday to Scooby. I missed that sorry!
Old 10-28-2018, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I tend to lean more towards fall so it can stay up in November too. I have the cutest scarecrow kids; a boy and a girl.

Quote:
There's an elementary school at the end of my block and there are a good number of families with little ones so I at least attempt to put something out Halloween related for the trick-or-treaters.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I usually plant mums which probably won't last to Thanksgiving. By that time it might be snowing.

I had no idea The Bodyguard was only six episodes. I was halfway through the final episode before I thought, "this feels like a finale." I thought this could have been a full 12 or 13 episodes series.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I can remember one time and one time only that we had snow on thanksgiving. Maybe it’s happened more than once, but I only remember once, 1993.

Quote:
I usually plant mums which probably won't last to Thanksgiving. By that time it might be snowing.

I had no idea The Bodyguard was only six episodes. I was halfway through the final episode before I thought, "this feels like a finale." I thought this could have been a full 12 or 13 episodes series.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

A lot of our dramas are only 6 episodes. It doesn't seem long enough!

I just finished Making a Murderer. . . I am beyond angry!
Old 10-29-2018, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

6 doesn’t seem like nearly enough of anything!
Old 10-30-2018, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Making a Murder is infuriating. I went in thinking Steven maybe probably had something to do with it. I came out thinking he at least needs a new trial and was probably completely set up. Our judicial system is so messed up. I feel so bad for Brendan.

Six episodes doesn't seem like enough, even with Waco, I feel like they could have given it a few more episodes.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow! It needs to stop at least for awhile so my babies can trick or treat!
Old 10-31-2018, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's been super gloomy this morning and rainy but it's supposed to be decent this evening, as far as Halloween's go here at least, it's over 30 degrees and isn't snowing/sleeting so that's a win. I actually always hated going trick-or-treating, it was always cold, your costume was always either covered up by a giant jacket or you had to wear turtlenecks or sweatshirts under it. As a girl wanting to a be a princess or something cute as a kid was almost never an option.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Halloween is usually really nice here. Today was GORGEOUS. 67 and sunny. I guess it was super hot in LA today. Armie Hammer posted a picture trick or treating with his kids, sweating his ass off. Did any of you dress up? My colleagues and I do a group thing and this year we were apps. I was Moby from Brain Pop. lol I hate Halloween!

I left a bowl of candy outside my house (I can't deal with kids by the time I get home) and some boys just ran off with it all... bowl and all. I hate Halloween.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It wasn't terribly cold today, in the 50's, but it's down into the 40's now. I always forget how late it is before it gets dark, it's almost 7 o'clock before it's completely dark still so trick-or-treaters come all at once. I haven't had a ton of kids. Most of the kids on the street are little toddlers or babies. I had some older kids which is always kind of irritating but a good number of them were neighborhood kids that I know with their friends.

I had two meetings for work today that wouldn't allow me to dress up. Usually I'd at least try to wear something orange or rock some type of headband ears or something at the office but that was not happening.

I remember going to houses as a kid where they did the honor system. It almost never worked. I'd love if someone did the 'honor' system method and put the bowl in what looked like a scarecrow and was actually a person. If they take too much grab 'em.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I remember going to houses as a kid where they did the honor system. It almost never worked. I'd love if someone did the 'honor' system method and put the bowl in what looked like a scarecrow and was actually a person. If they take too much grab 'em.
I don't think I took more than one, but I guess I was raised a certain way. What type of ****=head takes the whole bowl and leaves nothing for others?? That scarecrow idea is great.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It was rare anything was ever left in the honor system so I assume someone just took them all...but if we did ever come upon them I would take one. I'd feel bad about taking more than that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread