Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} 45: Because Every Conversation Can’t Be About Taylor

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thanks for the new thread!

I said I wanted to start Insecure and I might just go start it now. The Lions are doing what the Lions do...they might win 2 games this year, they look SO bad.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:14 AM
Addicted Fan

A few replies to stuff in the previous thread:

Carrie Coon is becoming my favorite actress. I saw her in a trailer for something new and actually got excited! I don't really like her character in The Sinner season 2, but none of them are all that likable except for Bill Pullman and even though she's kinda creepy she's really good.

I'm with you guys -- I'm not really in the mood to start anything intense or that I have to pay a lot of attention to. Netflix is basically screaming at me to start Ozark lol but I don't want to start it until I'm ready. And all the other shows on my list are similarly angsty or intense. Old sitcoms sound good.

Amanda, happy anniversary to your parents! 42 years is amazing!
Old 09-11-2018, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She's so great in The Leftovers, that's where I really fell in love with her. Even if The Sinner isn't great I'd still tune in just for her.

Ozark is pretty dark and starts really violently. I think I might have liked season 2 better but I think it's worth the watch. Jason Bateman, Laura Linney and Julia Garner are so good in it.

42 years is crazy to think about. They were high school sweethearts and got married right out of school but still, a long long time they've been together.

After the Lions debacle of a loss last night, watching my favorite former Detroit pitcher come back and beat the Tigers I could use some good news today and my favorite, absolute favorite athlete ever, Yzerman, looks like he's leaving his job in Tampa Bay and told his players he's heading home to Detroit. Mind you his whole family still lives here, never sold his house here...but I so so hope that he's coming back to be the GM. The Detroit sports world needs our Captain back.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I want to watch the second series of Ozark but I want to finish watching Breaking Bad first. I think I'm about halfway through. I'm also watching Good Girls, it's quite good, easy to watch, and it's nice to see little Matt Saracen drop in from time to time!
Old 09-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I always consider rewatching Breaking Bad. I kind of compare the early episodes of Ozark to Breaking Bad, I almost stopped watching Breaking Bad because of the initial violence.

I started watching season 3 of Insecure. The first episode was kind of uneven but it's still pretty good. This is the time of year where I settle into rewatching shows I've already seen.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I always consider rewatching Breaking Bad. I kind of compare the early episodes of Ozark to Breaking Bad, I almost stopped watching Breaking Bad because of the initial violence.

I started watching season 3 of Insecure. The first episode was kind of uneven but it's still pretty good. This is the time of year where I settle into rewatching shows I've already seen.
This is my first watch of Breaking Bad. I never was a binge watcher until I was on maternity leave with Connie! My first major binge was Gilmore Girls.

EDIT: The first show I binged was not Gilmore Girls, it was The Good Wife!

Last edited by ThirtyThree; 09-12-2018 at 06:31 PM
Old 09-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a very hard time watching more than one show at once. It's so weird how the TV watching experience has changed. I will actively avoid watching new episodes of shows so I can watch them all at once, like I'm kind of doing with Insecure. The only shows I really watch as they're airing are shows like Game of Thrones or something Taylor is on.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I have a very hard time watching more than one show at once. It's so weird how the TV watching experience has changed. I will actively avoid watching new episodes of shows so I can watch them all at once, like I'm kind of doing with Insecure. The only shows I really watch as they're airing are shows like Game of Thrones or something Taylor is on.
If they're different types of show, I can watch more than one at once. But my husband will be like 'do you want to watch another Breaking Bad, or start Ozark season 2?' Well, I don't want to watch them at the same time!

I think I'm in the small minority of people on the planet who haven't seen a single episode of Game of Thrones!

I know what you mean about wanting to save episodes up. I watched the Handmaid's Tale season 2 as it aired over here and I was outraged at having to wait an entire week for the next episode!
Old 09-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If they're shows that I've seen before I can watch more than one simultaneously. If it's something new I usually don't like doing that.

I started watching Game of Thrones because a guy I was dating was into it. I've just kind of kept up with it since then.

I still have not watched past the first episode of Handmaid's Tale. I'm just not in the mood to be depressed at the moment.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oldest minion has several going right now, but most are rewatches for her. We try to only binge one new show at a time.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I washed my Anthro blue chinos with my good Ralph Lauren sheets and of course, they bled all over them...and this isn't the first time I've washed those pants, they've been washed numerous times. I have no idea why they're still bleeding. I have those same pants in a kind of pinkish color too. At least I know not to wash those with anything.

So I had to go and buy another set of sheets today. I'm not ready to switch over to my flannels just yet since it's going to be in the 80's this weekend.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

I watched the first season of Game of Thrones. I liked it, but not enough to watch more. Before I got in my funk, I was in the middle of Blue Bloods and Elementary. Now I'm just watching mindless sitcoms and Teen Mom/Housewives. Nothing too serious.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Speaking of Teen Mom, I saw that Caitlyn and Tyler are expecting another baby. She is such a mess, I don't know if that's a great idea but good for them? I guess.

And you as a fellow Big Brother watcher...did you see Nicole and Victor got engaged? They're super cute.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh well, so much for me not watching too many things at once; I watched the first episode of American Horror Story earlier today. I enjoyed it, despite seeing Tami Taylor 'having relations' with someone other than Coach! Although it's probably too scary for me to watch on my own at night (which is when I tend to do most of my tv viewing).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread