Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2018, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Right around the time I was doing renovations I battled ants like crazy near the front door and then near the garage entrance. It was so bad one time, the same thing, I'd clean them up and they'd be right back. I'd spray, they'd be right back. I eventually had to have two apple tree taken down that were right against the house on the front corner and back corner. Someone suggested that might have been the problem, took it down and it seemed to be. Not that it helps you.

I would be raising such a stink about it though to management, like listen, I can't sleep because I fear I'm going to wake up covered in ants.

I don't know about the dog. I would love love love to adopt her but there's always that, do you really need another dog feeling. If I adopted every dog I fell in love with I'd have to go and live out in the middle of nowhere and start a dog sanctuary. The shelter isn't open until Tuesday so that would be the earliest I could see her again and then if that went well I'd have to have her meet Griswold.

This show, 'Safe' on Netflix is not great. I've just invested an evening of half watching that I now need to find out who did it. But otherwise, not into it. It's kind of hokey, feels very much like a show you'd see on Thursday night on CBS.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Félicitations * Bravo 🇫🇷🏆⚽️
Old 07-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)

This show, 'Safe' on Netflix is not great. I've just invested an evening of half watching that I now need to find out who did it. But otherwise, not into it. It's kind of hokey, feels very much like a show you'd see on Thursday night on CBS.
I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes when it first came onto Netflix a couple of months ago but haven't watched since. It's pretty far fetched. My husband has given up but I feel like I need to see it through. Don't know when I'll watch though. Plus I can't take Michael seriously with that accent!

That sucks about the ants. My sister had them a couple of months ago. She tried loads of things. You can get these plug-in electronic things that are supposed to be good to get rid of them.

Yeah, well done France. Croatia gave them a good game though!
Old 07-15-2018, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Off to a pool party. Lord give me strength to stay Keto.. lol Lots of Vodka/Tonics I suppose.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

When I went to bed, they were pouring into the dinner I set out for them. This morning they were all almost gone entirely. So, one of two things happened. 1.They follow the Marines' motto of no man left behind and they reclaimed their dead. 2.They came out of their sugar coma (which made them appear to have met an untimely death), and waddled home like good little piggies to die. Either way, I've only seen about 10 ants all day...I'm taking that as a victory!

I was able to use my kitchen today!! I baked two loaves of banana bread (breakfast today and tomorrow for the minions) and made some fabulous cookies to take to some friends. Now, I need to run to Costco for a few things and I'll start of dinner for tonight, which can also be lunch for the minions tomorrow. I love to cook once and eat twice (or more)! Oldest minion made a request, so I'm accommodating it. I don't think of tonight's meal as a summer dish, so she's lucky I think she's cute.

Alcohol is carb free? I would think the sugars converting would be a no no for keto.

If she's still there Tuesday, maybe it's meant to be.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Sorry to be ON TOPIC in the OFF TOPIC thread but as it concerns 2 films, I wasn't sure where to post! I was just browsing Netflix to see what's been added in the few weeks since I last checked. The answer? Not one, but TWO Taylor films. Battleship, so I'll finally be able to see the second half! And American Assassin. I don't know how fussed I am on watching it as it doesn't seem my type of film but, to be fair, I've said that about almost every Taylor film I've seen so far!
Old 07-15-2018, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I forgot that both those movies were added to Netflix over by you. I think they were added at the beginning of July.

American Assassin isn't great, forewarning. But Taylor is good. It's not really the actors' fault, the story is just lacking.

IF you're going to drink on keto you just have to stick to hard liquor. As long as they're not sweetened, straight vodka, rum, whiskey, etc. have no carbs. Mix them with a diet pop and you're good to go. Wine is where you have to be careful and if drinking beer some of the lighter beers are pretty low in carb.

Hopefully the ants met their demise and the ones that did survive gave word to their little pack that it's not safe there.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The only Taylor we have on Netflix is the covenant. I didn't realize that The Grand Seduction was gone. I have it on DVD though.

As the day progressed I saw less and less of them. Woo-hoo!!

Project winter for dinner was a success. Soooo good! (If I do say so myself.)

WHat good is hard liquor without the fruit and sugar? Nope.Nope.Nope.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread