Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

I'm currently on Sherlock.

My list consists of .. rewatching: Vampire Diaries, Weeds, Glee, Sopranos, ER, Madmen, Sex and the City, Entourage, Heroes.

New watches, various seasons: The Crown, Ozark, Mindhunter, Divorce, Veep, Gilmore Girls, Arrested Development, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Scandal, Blue Bloods, Outlander, The Office, Nashville, Lucifer, Elementary, and Fargo.

Maybe by the end of this summer? I plan to not spend a lot of money this summer so I plan to bunker down and get stuff done around the house. .. workout, take a class.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm antsy. I have "loose" stuff we're going to start moving Thursday. I don't want to go get boxes to just unbox it again in two days. I'm going to try and move the kitchen and both bathrooms, and our bed frames on Thursday. That way I can set them up as we go. Movers are coming Tuesday. They can get stuff still in boxes, furniture, and mattresses & box springs. I still have furniture and boxes in two storage units as well. I'm trying to get some friends to help with the stuff in storage. If it was all organized and the movers could grab what they need, I would have them move that as well. It's all messy, so I don't want to pay them to sort through it. I have until the 15th to get out of this unit. That's my main priority. Storage is second. I'd like to have the two units down to one by end of month though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I'm sorry you're so stressed. I completely understand. I can't do chaos around me so that means waiting until the last possible minute to start boxing things up and getting things together because until its moved it would just stress me out. Once I start doing something I can't stop. I hope it's relatively painless. When are the movers coming?

I have a piles of books in my room that I bought to get to eventually and eventually has turned into years now. I have one book I started reading last summer and still haven't finished. I used to read like a book a week, I need to stop rewatching TV shows and read instead. My watch list at the moment really just includes me finishing the second season of the Handmaid's Tale. I did watch the first episode of Succession on HBO Sunday night, it was just okay. I know a lot of shows I love are coming back soon though, Insecure and Orange is the New Black.
I STILL haven't watched the last season of Orange. I am so behind. The entire past year has thrown me for a loop. Speaking of... did y'all hear that Kate Spade committed suicide? I am just heartbroken for her family. It's so sad.

Oldest minion recently discovered NCIS:LA. We are on season 3, and season 4 is on hold at the library. We are tearing through them.
We still have 3.5 seasons of ER left, and 1.5 seasons of Glee. We need to finish those up. I hate loose ends. And, I've come full circle. HAHAHA!

Nashville starts this week; the second 1/2 of the last season.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've moved a grand total of maybe seven times, most of that being while I was in college from different apartment or house from year to year. Just moving one person was always a pain in the butt and it was always a short distance where I could make multiple trips. I can't imagine wrangling kids while doing all this.

I want to say the last season of OTNB was actually supposed to take place within 24 hours. I thought it was a good season, better than some of the past, if I remember correctly. The further they get away from focusing on Piper the better.

Speaking of OTNB, Laura Peppron and Ben Foster just got married...I guess they're both Scientologists. I had no idea that Ben Foster was.

I did hear about Kate Spade, so sad, one of her bags was my first big splurge when I was in college. I still have it. They're so classic. I guess she had a history of depression but was worried revealing her battle with it would hurt the brand.

Someone gifted me with $50 to a Stitch Fix box so I tried it out and it came today. I was a little disappointed, the pants and dress were way too big. The earrings were just okay. I ended up keeping the cardigan they sent but that was it. I'm going to give it another try to see if after I adjusted my sizing it'll be better next time.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 06-06-2018 at 03:11 PM
Old 06-06-2018, 10:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
I can't really stand Corden though!
Oh my gosh, it's so funny you mention this! I hear British people saying that all the time! Why is he so hated over there? I'm just curious. He seems nice enough to me, but I don't know his history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
My favorite part of Mindhunter, aside from Jonathan Groff, is absolutely his partner. I was not familiar with Holt McCallany at all but I kind of have a weird crush on him.
I first saw him years ago and got a crush on him too! But like you, I can't really explain why! In fact, I can't even remember where I first saw him. I checked IMDB thinking it would jog my memory, but he's been in tons of stuff.

Quote:
Your aunt would want you to be happy and comfortable where you are living. If you can take the money from the sale and buy something else, she would be okay with that I am sure. She justed wanted to make sure you were taken care of. I understand the memories and emotions make it hard. For all the fond memories you have, you are blessing a new family to make their own memories in that house now. You can take comfort in knowing they will now care for and love that house the way your aunt wanted for it to be loved. Make your peace with it and move on with the memories in your heart.
This actually made me cry. Thanks so much, Kayla. It's excellent advice.

Guys, I did something terrible. I forgot to wish my best friend happy birthday. It was last week, and I know the date but it just totally slipped my mind. I didn't even remember until yesterday when I was writing a check and the date sunk in! I cried about that too. She laughed it off and said it wasn't a big deal, but it IS a big deal to me. I'm the one who ALWAYS remembers stuff like that -- birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I felt so awful I was in a funk all day yesterday. It was a combination of being preoccupied with the house stuff/dealing with the real estate agent, and being so busy at work. Other people seem to be able to juggle lots of things at once. You moms especially -- you guys are my heroes! What's up with ME?? You guys recall a couple months back, I was saying I felt "off"? Kayla, maybe you were right -- maybe it IS my diet or hormones or something. Are there vitamins that might help??

I still haven't started Handmaid's Tale. And all this talk about Jason Bateman may FINALLY get me to start Ozark! Haha. I found Horrible Bosses on cable over the weekend, and found myself perving over him a little. lol Except I want to finish Mindhunter first.

By the way, KiKi, do you ever read thrillers? Those are my favorites. I'd love some recommendations if you have any.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Lornette, obviously I can't speak for the entire nation (ha!) but I can't standing because he's so sycophantic! He seems to fawn all over celebrities. The worst example I've seen was the was he was/is with David Beckham. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's just not British!

Sorry to hear you're feeling down about missing your friend's birthday. That sucks. I know what you mean though about trying to juggle things. I struggle with that a lot. I always seem to have a to-do list as long as my arm with more and more new things added daily. I'm always forgetting things! And I'm one of the moms (although I would say I'm a MAM!) but I find that just gives me more things to worry about and more things to attempt to remember!
Old 06-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have one friend that is so thoughtful and good about wishing you good luck on things or remembering certain things but she always forgets my birthday, it's a running joke now. Don't feel too bad. I'm sure she understands you have a lot going on but I get it, I always feel bad if there are certain people I forget to wish happy birthday to.

I read quite a few thrillers but they always kind of blend together for me but one of my favorite authors, who has been my favorite author for years and years, is Greg Iles. His book Dead Sleep is maybe one of my favorites, definitely my favorite of his. I'd recommend that for sure.

I have to go to a wedding this weekend, but honestly, all I want to do is stay home and binge watch The Staircase on Netflix. I watched the previous documentary series that was done on this, I think on IFC, the husband so clearly is guilty. I can't wait to see what Netflix's spin will be on it.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

I really like James Cordan. I think he's hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Other people seem to be able to juggle lots of things at once. You moms especially -- you guys are my heroes! What's up with ME?? Y

By the way, KiKi, do you ever read thrillers? Those are my favorites. I'd love some recommendations if you have any.
I have the same problem Lornette. My friends tease me all the time because I am the only one who doesn't have kids or a husband to content with, and I am ALWAYS the one running late, or forget to pick up a card, or forgot the date of a party. ... etc.

I'm not really a fan of thrillers too much. I don't really like scary, or creepy, or anything that makes me anxious. I filled in at the enrichment center tonight and taught two middle school literature classes. One group was reading The Monkey's Paw and the other Death Disk by Mark Twain. I could barely handle those and I had to be all introspective and start literature circles about them. I do recommend both short stories if you haven't read them.

My best friend ALWAYS forgets my birthday. And then when her birthday rolls around I always say I'm not going to send her a message, but I always do. lol
Old 06-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

aww!
I am the one who always remembers birthdays too! This year I forgot my bestie's bday. We've been friends since 4th grade!!! I just totally spaced. Don't beat yourself up. It happens. She wouldn't want you to feel bad about it.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
This actually made me cry. Thanks so much, Kayla. It's excellent advice.

Guys, I did something terrible. I forgot to wish my best friend happy birthday. It was last week, and I know the date but it just totally slipped my mind. I didn't even remember until yesterday when I was writing a check and the date sunk in! I cried about that too. She laughed it off and said it wasn't a big deal, but it IS a big deal to me. I'm the one who ALWAYS remembers stuff like that -- birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I felt so awful I was in a funk all day yesterday. It was a combination of being preoccupied with the house stuff/dealing with the real estate agent, and being so busy at work. Other people seem to be able to juggle lots of things at once. You moms especially -- you guys are my heroes! What's up with ME?? You guys recall a couple months back, I was saying I felt "off"? Kayla, maybe you were right -- maybe it IS my diet or hormones or something. Are there vitamins that might help??
Maybe I'm right? My kids will tell you I am ALWAYS right. Yes, there are supplements to help. I'll send you a message.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Aww, thanks for all the support, guys. You're gonna make me cry again. lol

Yeah, James Corden does fawn quite a bit over his guests. I guess maybe because all our hosts and talk shows are so cynical now, his exuberance is kind of fun.

And thanks for the book/short story suggestions. I think Im going to finally read A Wrinkle in Time next. I'd bought the movie tie-in book but never actually read it. From what I understand it's a book with a lot of big ideas but it's also essentially a children's book, and I just want something that isn't super challenging. If that makes sense.

I've heard of Greg Iles but never read his stuff. My favorite author is Evan Hunter, who wrote most of his books under the name Ed McBain. His books are "old" now (he died a few years ago, but he'd been writing since either the 1950s or 1960s I believe.) His 87th Precinct novels are my all-time favorites. His books aren't really thrillers but more police procedurals, as I think they're called. My best friend in high school's granddad was a police chief, and she was reading one one day, and I read it after her and never stopped! There have been a couple movies made of his novels, but I've always wanted someone to really do the series justice. There's a young detective, Bert Kling, that I'd love to see Taylor play one day! He's the young one on the squad but is the tall, handsome, sensitive type. Sound familiar?

Hey, is anyone else happy for the Capitals winning the Stanley Cup? I'm just happy for them because they've come so close for so many years but never made it.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I went through a heavy John Grisham phase in college and one summer burned through all of his books. I'm not sure I've ever read any Ed McBain books, but I can't say for sure. There are just so many. I actually picked up a book at some point last year started reading and realized two chapters in I'd definitely read it before. One of Greg Iles books, 24 hours was made into a movie with Charlize Theron and Kevin Bacon, it was one of his decent books but definitely the most commercial. I prefer some of his others over that one for sure.

I also went through a Harlan Coben phase, there are a few standouts of his but I honestly couldn't even name them at this point. I want to say that new Michael C. Hall series on Netflix, Safe, is based on a Harlan Coben novel.

I'm always hot and cold on Dean Koontz's but Intensity is one that will always always stick with me. Maybe because I was way too young to be reading it and it was so scary but it's very very good. I also love Sole Survivor and of course Phantoms, which they made into a movie with Ben Affleck and Liev Schrieber.

I dropped a piece of furniture on my toe because a) I'm an idiot and wasn't wearing shoes, b) I've managed to be such a klutz lately and c) I'm an idiot. I have no idea how bad it really is but I know it really really hurts. I have nailpolish on it so I can't tell if its bruised or if this is going to be a wait for it to fall off kind of deal. I just know that the shoes I planned to wear tomorrows wedding are probably now an absolute no go.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I've just got in from a wedding and catching up on these posts. Yes Safe is a Harlan Coben. I'm watching it but haven't watched one for a couple of weeks. Michael's rubbish accent is hard to stomach!

I'm back on Bloodline at the minute. Onto about the 7th episode but it's hard seeing Kyle as a baddie!
Old 06-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I loved Michael so much in Six Feet Under and he was great as Dexter too but he was terrible and I mean terrible in The Crown so now I'm nervous about this.

I stuck with Bloodline all the way through because I felt like I had to after investing so much time but damn is it bleak.

E! is rerunning old Sex and the City episodes, season one, I forgot how much I love this show.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

I finished the third Sheff book. I literally burned through all three of them so quickly. Now I need something new, but it has to really pique my interest. I like to read books that are going to be made into movies... but I try to get them before they're cast etc.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I haven't read anything just to read in sooo long! I really should get some this summer from the library. Oldest minion had a teacher who called them dessert books.

Secret? I've never seen sex in the city. Not one single episode.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's crazy you've never seen an episode. It's a really good show. I probably shouldn't have been watching it as a 14 year old when it first came out but I will say watching it now, obviously more relatable as a single 30 something, but the sex and guy issues just never really change. Still the same, 20 years later.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread