Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} #43: Because it Can't Be About Taylor 100% of the Time

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

last few posts from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Meanwhile I'm in house-selling hell. Ugh. I hate everything about it. And I'm still so conflicted about selling it. My aunt left it to me because she wanted me to always have somewhere to live. I don't really want to live in that house though. But I feel like I'm betraying her. The real estate agent is showing it tomorrow (the first one) and I feel torn about having strangers in my aunt's house. She would HATE that. I kind of want to go over there during the showing. But I also kind of DON'T want to be there. Does that make sense?

Anyway .... you guys were talking about Robert Pattinson, yes? I like him too. I've still not seen the elephant movie. I'm afraid it's going to be too hard seeing the elephant mistreated.

It feels like I've had a crush on Jason Bateman my whole life. lol Except I saw him on "Punk'D" several years back and he came off kind of a jerk, so it turned me off personally but I still love his work. I saw him on Stephen Colbert's show recently and I think maybe he just has a caustic personalty.

By the way, I think I might've mentioned this before but he was in a terrific thriller a couple years back, called The Gift. (It's not the one with Cate Blanchett or the one with Cameron Diaz.) Amanda, I think you'd like it if you haven't seen it yet. But I think it might be a little too creepy for you, KiKi. lol

Oh and I LOVED him in Pete Berg's movie, The Kingdom.

I'm the lone wolf again. I started Game Night but didn't care for it so I never finished it. I think my expectations might've been too high.

I saw Solo. Yes, yes, I know I'm the only sci-fi fan around here. lol If you're going to a Star Wars film, don't bother with this one. I was bored through most of it.

Here's the trailer for The Gift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
The kids and I think Solo is a no go too. We don't even want to see it. I'm sure we will eventually just to say we did. But, we are in no hurry.

Your aunt would want you to be happy and comfortable where you are living. If you can take the money from the sale and buy something else, she would be okay with that I am sure. She justed wanted to make sure you were taken care of. I understand the memories and emotions make it hard. For all the fond memories you have, you are blessing a new family to make their own memories in that house now. You can take comfort in knowing they will now care for and love that house the way your aunt wanted for it to be loved. Make your peace with it and move on with the memories in your heart.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 06-02-2018 at 11:28 PM Reason: added to post
Old 06-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Loyal Fan

This is kind of 'off topic' and kind of not. I was just reading about a film coming out later this year: The Death and Life of John F Donovan. And I remembered there was something about it on the welcome board on here. So Taylor was supposed to be in it. Did you ever find out why he left the project? It looks really good.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
This is kind of 'off topic' and kind of not. I was just reading about a film coming out later this year: The Death and Life of John F Donovan. And I remembered there was something about it on the welcome board on here. So Taylor was supposed to be in it. Did you ever find out why he left the project? It looks really good.
I want to say it was a conflict is scheduling. If I remember correctly, the filming got pushed and it interfered with another project. A will know for sure. A is my nickname for Amanda. She knows everything, and if she doesn't she knows where to find it.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I want to say it was a conflict is scheduling. If I remember correctly, the filming got pushed and it interfered with another project. A will know for sure. A is my nickname for Amanda. She knows everything, and if she doesn't she knows where to find it.
Thanks. I'll wait until the Wise One comes along! I didn't have time to look into it.

I also tried to watch Taylor on James Corden (the late late show I think?) But there are only a couple of clips on YouTube. . . I couldn't watch the whole thing because the CBS App isn't available here I was just interested in hearing another Brit interviewing him because he's not well-known over here. I can't really stand Corden though!
Old 06-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Lornette, thanks for the heads up on The Gift, it looks vaguely familiar. I really like Rebecca Hall, I'll have to see if I can find it streaming somewhere, it looks good! I'm in the mood for MindHunter again, I'm itching for a new season, it's so good, it's also really picking up steam in the Emmy buzz.

My favorite part of Mindhunter, aside from Jonathan Groff, is absolutely his partner. I was not familiar with Holt McCallany at all but I kind of have a weird crush on him.

I did watch the first episode of season two of the Handmaid's Tale but oh my gosh, if the first season was dark...it's just so so dark. I'm not sure I can stomach it at the moment with the current political climate.

As far as house selling, it's always rough, but when you have an attachment to it, even rougher. I had a hard time being part of the sale of my grandma's house but the process actually turned out to be kind of cathartic. It wasn't even officially listed and it had so much interest so the showings were limited. We had multiple offers but ended up taking a little less from a family that wrote a letter about how much they wanted the house and wanting to be in the area and they could tell it was a house that had so much love and family in it (my grandma's house was always the 'family' meeting place and had a ton of family pictures). It was really really sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
Thanks. I'll wait until the Wise One comes along! I didn't have time to look into it.

I also tried to watch Taylor on James Corden (the late late show I think?) But there are only a couple of clips on YouTube. . . I couldn't watch the whole thing because the CBS App isn't available here I was just interested in hearing another Brit interviewing him because he's not well-known over here. I can't really stand Corden though!
So the deal with The Death And Life of John F. Donovan is kind of unknown, we always assumed it was definitely a scheduling conflict. Taylor signed on like Fall of 2015 to do it, it was supposed to film in Spring of 2016, filming was pushed to Summer of 2016 which was when Taylor was filming Only the Brave.

He talked about the role in the movie once, that it was a small part but Xavier Dolan wrote it for him and he was excited to do it, so unless something crazy happened, that's the first time and only time he's officially been attached to a project and not done it. Nicholas Hoult was also signed on to do the movie and then dropped out as well.

Jessica Chastain's part in the movie is being completely cut out, so it seems a bit of a mess.

I have the entire Corden interview but CBS is really crazy about people posting his interviews for whatever reason. I can try to upload his parts and see how long it lasts.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the info Amanda. I just hope the film isn't a huge success and Taylor is no longer in it! Not that I wish for failure for all those others, but you know what I mean. . .

Thanks for trying with the Corden interview. The only bit I could watch on YouTube was when Taylor was telling them about curling in the winter Olympics!

I'm keeping on going with the Handmaid's Tale but it is very very hard to watch. Episode 3 airs here tonight in 15 mins but I'll have to record it as we're watching the Britain's Got Talent final which is on right now.

I would love to move house. I've been here for 13 years!
Old 06-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh, I know, my worst fear is that it's some sleeper indie hit or Oscar hopeful, but with Jessica's part being completely cut it makes me wonder just what's going on with the movie.

I think there are six or seven episodes available here right now. I might watch the second one tonight. I'm hopeful but it's just so so sad. That opening sequence of season 2 was just heartbreaking, Elisabeth Moss and how she can just act with her eyes, she deserves all the awards just for that.

I've been slowly renovating my house for years, I'm not going anywhere, it's really too big for me but the school district is excellent so I'd like to hold on to it.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Loyal Fan

The second episode is even more harrowing! There's a lot of Alexis Bledel in it too.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Maybe I'll stick to something lighter...like Mindhunter.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Maybe I'll stick to something lighter...like Mindhunter.
Ha ha! I can't wait for that to return either!
Old 06-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I wish it would be back much sooner than it will, I think they just started filming season 2.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Y'all. I'm trying not to stress, but I am stressing. Moving is just a chore.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

I have that on my summer watch list. Remember two years ago I made a summer watch list that was really long? I still have it and am not done with it still! Right now I'm obsessed with the books I'm reading. I finished Beautiful Boy, then read Tweaked -the counterpart written by the son, now I'm reading the son's second book.. We All Fall Down.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm sorry you're so stressed. I completely understand. I can't do chaos around me so that means waiting until the last possible minute to start boxing things up and getting things together because until its moved it would just stress me out. Once I start doing something I can't stop. I hope it's relatively painless. When are the movers coming?

I have a piles of books in my room that I bought to get to eventually and eventually has turned into years now. I have one book I started reading last summer and still haven't finished. I used to read like a book a week, I need to stop rewatching TV shows and read instead. My watch list at the moment really just includes me finishing the second season of the Handmaid's Tale. I did watch the first episode of Succession on HBO Sunday night, it was just okay. I know a lot of shows I love are coming back soon though, Insecure and Orange is the New Black.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread