Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Have a great time at the ceremony!

I'm in Chicago. Forgot my laptop, forgot my iPhone charger and somehow have found myself in an apartment with two people who are not of this world and don't have iPhones. I'm about to uber myself to Target.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Hot Summer Nights
Timmy's new movie that he actually filmed a year before CMBYN. I wonder what took so long to have it come out. Not what I was expecting but it does look entertaining. If anyone sees anything about screenings, please let me know. You guys are up on Hollywood more than me. He was about 19 when he filmed this, he looks so young.
No offense but after watching that I ran to imdb to find out who the other guy is! With all the quick cuts, he looked like a bulked-up Zac Efron at first. But his name is Alex Roe. Rawr. Haha. I will keep an eye out for anything about the movie.

Btw, Evan has a movie playing at the cleveland fest Saturday and Sunday.
American Animals

I saw two movies the past couple days. Ready Player One is fun, but kind of empty. But the pop culture references were really fun. And I love Olivia Cooke.

I also saw A Quiet Place. I was really disappointed, but possibly because I had such high expectations. It was really well directed and the acting is great (Emily Blunt is amazing as usual!), but I spent most of the movie frustrated by the plot! In case anyone's already seen it, I'm referring to
Spoiler:
Old 04-14-2018, 06:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Have you ever spent the whole day in the house just goofing around but with this lingering feeling that there was something really important you were supposed to have done but can't remember what? I'm asking for a friend.

Not many good photos on Twitter from the Rock Hall inductions. I've seen some people joking about how long Jon Bon Jovi's speech was. Quotes from the actual speech sound really sweet, though.

Video from the press room:

Old 04-14-2018, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Have a great time at the ceremony!

I'm in Chicago. Forgot my laptop, forgot my iPhone charger and somehow have found myself in an apartment with two people who are not of this world and don't have iPhones. I'm about to uber myself to Target.
I don’t have an iPhone, but I do have an iPad.
How was Target?
Old 04-14-2018, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A friend of mine that we met for dinner took pity on me and brought me an extra charger she had. We're driving back right now trying to beat this ice storm. We were going to drive back tomorrow morning but, yeah...ice storm.

I want to see A Quiet Place but I've heard it's an incredibly uncomfortable watch in theaters because it's so quiet. I saw a bunch of people complaining about being able to hear other people that were breathing. I sometimes have an irrational irritation with loud chewing and heavy breathing so I'm out until it shows up on HBO or streaming somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Have you ever spent the whole day in the house just goofing around but with this lingering feeling that there was something really important you were supposed to have done but can't remember what? I'm asking for a friend.
I'm pretty OCD when it comes to my plans, so until I get them done it just hangs over my head, doesn't mean I rush to get it done, but...did you forget to do your taxes?
Old 04-15-2018, 12:31 AM
Addicted Fan

No I got the taxes done Friday. I think it's the latest I've ever waited!

I started Mindhunter on Netflix. Wow! I should've listened to you sooner, Amanda! Jonathan is great! And I love the dialogue. His banter with Debbie is so cute. I don't think I'll be bingeing it though, because the subject matter is so grim I think I need to space the episodes out a little.

The crowd I saw A Quiet Place with was anything but quiet! There was talking and chomping on popcorn. The film has a musical score though, so it's not like it's just silence all the time.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm glad you like it! It is pretty much a TV show that was made for me, I love the acting, dialogue, subject matter (the true crime aspect), the tone of the show, the music. I'll be interested to see how you feel about Holden's character as the series goes on. I'm very partial to his partner. But I can't wait for season 2! I binged it initially but went back and watched it again because there's just so much to take in.

I'm at my friends parents house who spend winter in Florida because ice storm = no power at my house. Of course. They're not even giving estimates as to when it might be back on until 8:30 tonight...hopefully it'll be back up sometime tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Bummer! I hope you get power back soon. It's been pouring rain here the past couple days, but no ice that I'm aware of.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It came back on surprisingly quickly for the number of people that are out in the area. I don't get it, ice storm, no problem, back on in like 8 hours. Middle of summer random squirrel decides to get fried it's out for two days. Regardless I'm glad it's back on. It's cold.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I had to do a double-take of this photo because I literally posted the exact same one on Facebook. This person must have been sitting within arms length of me. Jon's speech was really long, and I hung on every word. Their induction took over an hour and then the other 5 groups/people took a total of 3 additional hours! I was SO okay with that, but I don't think everyone was.

I thought the actor Alex Roe was adorable too. I had to look him up. He's actually Australian.. or British, I forget which one.

Last edited by elherts; 04-16-2018 at 06:20 PM
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm glad you enjoyed the ceremony! How did Cleveland treat you? Sorry the weather was so crappy.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

How long was his speech? Anything longer than 20 minutes and I would have gotten antsy.

It is so depressing outside. I feel like we're never going to see the sun again.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
How long was his speech? Anything longer than 20 minutes and I would have gotten antsy.

It is so depressing outside. I feel like we're never going to see the sun again.
It was probably around 20/25 minutes, but was supposed to be 15 I think. I could listen to him speak for hours. He's very well spoken. All the band members spoke but not as long. The drummer and the key board player (Tico and David) both gave great speeches too. Truly beautiful. Jon's was a bit narcissistic, but that's him. He did say this about his wife... "You’re the greatest gift God could have given me. You’re there whenever I breathe. I just want to make your tea and tell you how much I love you forever."

The weather was awful and it took me forever to get home yesterday. But downtown Cleveland was pretty cool. I loved the old architecture. The venue was super old, I'm sure there's a lot of history there. One of the building was lit up red. Any reason? We were wondering. I was there about 20 years ago but I don't remember much.

Oh and Beth Stern and Paulina Porizkova had on the same dress pretty much. It was hot pink and shimmery, kind of embarrassing if you ask me.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The weather was awful and it took me forever to get home yesterday. But downtown Cleveland was pretty cool. I loved the old architecture. The venue was super old, I'm sure there's a lot of history there. One of the building was lit up red. Any reason? We were wondering. I was there about 20 years ago but I don't remember much.
Was it the big tower on the square (Terminal Tower)? It's lit up often in colors, usually for special occasions and holidays. It's red and green for Christmas, for example. I'm not sure what the red was for.

Does anyone know if Westworld is really as good as the hype? I loved the cast but I only got through 2.5 episodes when it aired, before an exploding head shot pretty much zapped my interest. But now I'm wondering if I should binge it ahead of season two. Though I think it might be a case of FOMO.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This weather is really really getting ridiculous. It took me over an hour to get to work today, mind you in mileage driven I'm really only like 10 miles from work (it usually takes me under 20 minutes). All this ice, then rain, then snow, then rain, then everything froze again last night, then more snow. There's still a ton of people without power from the ice storm I see 60's next week. That can not get here soon enough.

So, I binged Westworld, which was a mistake, because when I binge I get into this mode where I'm doing other things and it's kind of background noise and this is a show you can't do that with. The gore is kind of over the top but I guess they get away with the gruesome deaths because they're technically robots. I really got into it as it went on. I'm interested to see what happens in season 2.

Quote:

Oh and Beth Stern and Paulina Porizkova had on the same dress pretty much. It was hot pink and shimmery, kind of embarrassing if you ask me.
I saw that! Beth posted a picture of them together on IG.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread