Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2018, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

everything equals death on WebMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I don't want to say I'm sick, because outside of feeling light headed, dizzy, I'm good. It's totally a sinus issue...or according to Webmd, a probable brain tumor.

I haven't had ribs in awhile. My favorite rib place is about a half hour away and I'm too lazy to go all the way over there very often.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm tempted to use one of those online doctors so I don't have to expose myself to all the germs if I have to go back to the doctor.

Today I get to tackle going to the eye doctor. I have glasses from college, when I couldn't see from the back of the room in large lectures, but my eyes are really getting progressively worse.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

I am blind without my glasses and I never even wore them until I turned 30. I think it's a conspiracy because the more I wear them, the more I need them. And the prescriptions keep getting stronger. I need new ones now but I don't want to spend the money.. it's expensive. You would think teachers, of all people, would have good eye care. Nope.

Last edited by elherts; 02-16-2018 at 04:19 PM
Old 02-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I'm tempted to use one of those online doctors so I don't have to expose myself to all the germs if I have to go back to the doctor.

Today I get to tackle going to the eye doctor. I have glasses from college, when I couldn't see from the back of the room in large lectures, but my eyes are really getting progressively worse.
College was the last time you went in?!?
Vision is soooo expensive! The minions and I can drop 2 grand easy. We all got new frames last yr, so it’ll be only lenses this spring. That’s usually not too bad. The basic lenses are covered, I only have to pay for extras. It’ll still be a couple hundred, with insurance.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Double post.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yup, college was the last time. The prescription I had became too strong so I stopped using them. Every once in a while if my eyes hurt or I had a headache I'd grab my old glasses and they were always still too strong, until recently so I needed to get them checked out, but I ended up getting side tracked today. So hopefully this week I can do it.

I don't think I have vision coverage. I honestly don't know because I haven't used it since I've been on this insurance. I'd say probably not.

I stopped at Target to get some eye drops and ended up picking up OTB DVD, and The Big Sick, and Arrival (they were having a buy two get one free deal). So typical Target trip. Go in there for something that's five dollars and leave spending 100.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Well it’s definitely time to go back!
Quote:
Yup, college was the last time. The prescription I had became too strong so I stopped using them. Every once in a while if my eyes hurt or I had a headache I'd grab my old glasses and they were always still too strong, until recently so I needed to get them checked out, but I ended up getting side tracked today. So hopefully this week I can do it.

I don't think I have vision coverage. I honestly don't know because I haven't used it since I've been on this insurance. I'd say probably not.

I stopped at Target to get some eye drops and ended up picking up OTB DVD, and The Big Sick, and Arrival (they were having a buy two get one free deal). So typical Target trip. Go in there for something that's five dollars and leave spending 100.
I always say it’s a minimum of one hour or 100 bucks, or both. We went into Walmart yesterday for one thing, and 110.00 later...
Old 02-16-2018, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm a quick shopper, I don't linger so that makes it even more depressing, 20 minutes and 100 dollars later...

It's funny, I don't blink spending that at Target on a whim but couldn't manage to pull the trigger on buying a duvet cover that was on sale at Anthropologie today and it was even less than that.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I'm a quick shopper, I don't linger so that makes it even more depressing, 20 minutes and 100 dollars later...

It's funny, I don't blink spending that at Target on a whim but couldn't manage to pull the trigger on buying a duvet cover that was on sale at Anthropologie today and it was even less than that.
We were there 30 minutes, maybe.

Bc when it’s a few little things that’s not the same as one item...
Old 02-18-2018, 01:56 AM
Addicted Fan

I have vision coverage but we have to pay full price out of pocket and then we're reimbursed a percentage. A basic eye exam for one person isn't too expensive. It's really the glasses that cost such a fortune. A few co-workers have gone to the warehouse clubs (Costco and Sam's Club) for glasses and they've been pleased with the cost. Costco was the cheaper of the two I believe. Their choice of frames can be limited though.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

I'm totally sucked into Outlander again. He is so damn sexy. I also have the BAFTAs on my laptop and I'm cleaning. Multi-tasking.

* A friend who is in Big Sur/Carmel right now, just texted me that she saw them filming Big Little Lies!

Last edited by elherts; 02-18-2018 at 11:49 AM
Old 02-18-2018, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Are they filming already? I'm excited for season two.

I'm trying to do all my cleaning and laundry today. A friends birthday was last week and we celebrated yesterday, what was supposed to be brunch and mani/pedi turned into brunch, mani/pedi, shopping, dinner, more drinks. She was soaking it in, she has a five month old and hasn't really had a "girl" day since she had the baby.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Are they filming already? I'm excited for season two.
Apparently. Maybe they were just doing certain scenic shots. She was on route 1 along the water. I haven't actually spoken with her.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I saw they just confirmed that the other leads are coming back. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this since season one was obviously based off the book.

Also, Big Little Lies related, but every time I see that damn Peloton commercial with the BLL music it makes me want to rewatch.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 02-18-2018 at 01:20 PM
Old 02-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I also have the BAFTAs on my laptop and I'm cleaning. Multi-tasking.
****ing Gary Oldman!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread