Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

We haven't had that much snow this year, which makes me think that February/March are going to be a doozy. However, in the last SNOWBOMB my shovel went missing! I just realized it the other day when they were calling for an inch or so. Thats when I was sick (the first time) so I never bothered to go out and get a new shovel. Thank God I didn't need it.

My niece and nephew and I are VERY close, BUT our relationship has definitely gone through changes over the years. Right now, my niece only calls me when she needs something. She always picks up the phone when I call but she's usually distracted or in the middle of something. Last Saturday night I texted her... "Can you talk?" because I had to talk to her about something, she wrote back, "I can, but I'm drunk." lol Duh. She's in college, of course she's out on Saturday night. When they were little, I was their everything! I miss those days. Now that they are teenagers, I "force cuddle" with them all the time and remind them of a time when they would fight with each other over who got to sit on my lap. haha.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I didn't have to shovel this morning thank goodness, the cold air kills my sinuses. We've only had a few really big snow events, we've had a lot of days where we've gotten new snow but just an inch or two here and there and then it warms up and it melts. I'd say there's probably two feet on the ground right now.

I'm the oldest grandchild on both my mom and dad's side of the family so we don't have a lot of little ones around yet, and my brother hasn't had any kids yet. Though I'm hopeful his current girlfriend will stick around. One of my aunts is my best friend, but we really didn't become super close until post college. But she came with me and my best friend on vacation last spring, she's so much fun.

I'm loving the winter olympics. We're sitting here watching cross country skiing and I'm not hating it.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I'm loving the winter olympics. We're sitting here watching cross country skiing and I'm not hating it.
Currently watching curling. What happens if your brush hits the disc? Disqualified?

I'm a bigger Summer Olympics fan... soccer, swimming, gymnastic, track & field

But I like the skiing, ice skating, and snowboarding too.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My daughter didn’t like me until she was 13. Whatever.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
My daughter didn’t like me until she was 13. Whatever.
You're lucky, usually it takes until adulthood. I do admire people who have strong relationships with their teenagers. That's no easy task.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
You're lucky, usually it takes until adulthood. I do admire people who have strong relationships with their teenagers. That's no easy task.
She’ll tell you it’s because I was mean. Haha! She just finally figured out I’m more fun than she thought. We do have a great relationship. She’s still a teen, and has her moments, but we got along most of the time. And we all have our moments!
Old 02-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My mom and I got along great until I was in middle school and then everything she said was stupid and every suggestion she had was ridiculous. I outgrew that pretty fast. We've always been really close.

I hate that they're not allowing NHL players in the Olympics this year. I'm definitely more of a winter olympics fan, I'll watch any of it. Summer I usually just watch swimming and diving.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I hate that they're not allowing NHL players in the Olympics this year. I'm definitely more of a winter olympics fan, I'll watch any of it. Summer I usually just watch swimming and diving.
Really? Why?
Old 02-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Why aren't they allowing NHL players? The Board of Governors voted it down, it's too disruptive to the season. It eliminates the All-Star game, the schedule is brutal for those participating, there's the worry of players getting hurt. The Red Wings captain, Zetterberg was captaining Sweden last Olympics and had a season ending injury in the first game. It also doesn't benefit the NHL financially so the owners aren't into it. I think they should go back to it just being college kids.

There are some ex-NHLers playing, or like one of the Wings who now plays in the KHL, Datsyuk is playing. So I'm excited to see him.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

That makes sense.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This snowboarding slopestyle is crazy, half of the women are biting it and can't even finish their run, the other half are getting crazy air and can barely control their jumps it's so windy. I love stuff like this, it's insane, I worry about falling when a snowboard is in contact with the snow, I can't imagine doing jumps like that.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

I want to see Shaun White and Gus Kenworthy, and of course Lindsay Vaughn. Did I miss them?
Old 02-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Lindsey's events don't start until later this week and this weekend.

Shaun White's qualifying is tomorrow, medal round Tuesday.

Gus has a qualifying round tomorrow and final tomorrow and then has more events later in the week. It says his final is at 7:00 am tomorrow our time. I'm sure they'll replay it in primetime.

Hopefully when Gus runs it's not as bad as it is today with the wind. Every third woman was making it through their run, the others were all crashing.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 02-11-2018 at 09:19 PM
Old 02-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

I'm watching Chloe Kim right now. She's adorable. I've never snowboarded. I was a big skier when I was younger but I haven't been in a long time. I miss it. Snowboarding started to become a thing when I was in college.

Last edited by elherts; 02-12-2018 at 08:33 PM
Old 02-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She was super cute. I think I liked last nights snowboarding event better, the slope style even though there was so much carnage.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread