Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} #41 :Because Sometimes It's Not About Taylor

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
Old 02-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Watching This Is Us!!
Old 02-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Congrats on the Eagles win, Kiki! It was an exciting game for sure.

I was underwhelmed with the commercials. My favorite was probably the M&M commercial. Kind of glad Taylor didn't have any part in either of the Ram commercials, they're catching a lot of flak for using the MLK speech. Should have stuck with a Taylor commercial.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Congrats, KiKi! I'm so happy the Eagles won! I was giggling around the house like crazy. It must've been so excruciating to watch live (I DVR'd it). At the end, it was like even the Eagles were a bit stunned, like it hadn't fully sunk in yet. And I re-fell in love with Bradley Cooper. Haha.

This is the first Super Bowl for me where the game was 10x more entertaining than the ads.

My favorite was/were the Tide ads with David Harbour. And the M&Ms ad and the one with my babe Keanu are the only others I even remember. Even the movie ads were meh.

I'm so bummed about that Solo teaser ad. I was hoping the rumors about the film being a dud weren't true, but it looked horrible.

People are STILL dragging that Ram/MLK ad on Twitter. I wasn't outraged, but it was badly conceived and terribly executed. They spent all that money on that? I agree, they should've stuck with Taylor doing a voice-over. I mean they already recycled the footage from his ads, so why not just stick with the "Here's to ..."?
Old 02-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Congrats, KiKi! I'm so happy the Eagles won! I was giggling around the house like crazy. It must've been so excruciating to watch live (I DVR'd it). At the end, it was like even the Eagles were a bit stunned, like it hadn't fully sunk in yet. And I re-fell in love with Bradley Cooper. Haha.
I can't really explain the experience or the emotions. It was not a pleasurable experience... we were so wound up. My mother left, then my dad left because he felt bad for my mother, even the dog was on edge. Even when the game was over, it didn't register that we had won... I didn't realize the clock had run out. My nephew ran out the front door, lol, and my brothers jumping up and down, And then we all sat there for a second discussing how Tom Brady broke that last sack AND then it registered and we went nuts and everyone started calling and coming over. I was up until 3am. Trying to work out plans for the parade. Next year, I will for sure go into the city to watch.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
And I re-fell in love with Bradley Cooper. Haha.
I did my student teaching in the town that Bradley Cooper grew up in. And a lot of the town was used for filming Silver Linings Playbook. Which I LOVED. I've always said I was going to read the book and I haven't. I love Bradley Cooper.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Addicted Fan

I love him too, but he's been out of the spotlight for a couple years so I kinda forgot about him. lol I somehow knew he was an Eagles fan though, so it was great to see him representing the die-hard fans. I was expecting a shot of him going crazy at the end, but instead it was like you described your experience -- it was more a mixture of confusion, then relief it was over. Then WHAM it hits you they're Super Bowl champs! I don't recall the name of the player they interviewed on the field afterward, but he seemed almost shellshocked. I'm so happy for the city, after waiting all these years.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think that was Brandon Graham at the end, he went to Michigan and stripped the ball from Brady to cause the fumble at the end. He's big around here because he's a Detroit kid, a truly really great guy who gives back to the community here.

I adore Silver Linings Playbook. Philly winning makes me want to watch it again. I'm sure it'll be on somewhere this weekend. I saw a video of JLaw singing "Fly Eagles Fly" on her flight the other day.

Miles was there too with his fiance...he was hanging out with Bradley.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I think that was Brandon Graham at the end, he went to Michigan and stripped the ball from Brady to cause the fumble at the end. He's big around here because he's a Detroit kid, a truly really great guy who gives back to the community here.

I adore Silver Linings Playbook. Philly winning makes me want to watch it again. I'm sure it'll be on somewhere this weekend. I saw a video of JLaw singing "Fly Eagles Fly" on her flight the other day.

Miles was there too with his fiance...he was hanging out with Bradley.

Yes, Brandon Graham. That's the thing about this team.. they ALL are community oriented and ALL very religious.

I forgot Miles was from Philly originally.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I wanted Philly to win but I'm already tired of hearing about it because our new head coach is the Patriots D coordinator who obviously just got lit up by the Philly offense. So I'm already over it, and not to mention the topic I tuned into on my way home today was whether or not he would shave his beard...I kid you not. Baseball season needs to get here.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I wanted Philly to win but I'm already tired of hearing about it because our new head coach is the Patriots D coordinator who obviously just got lit up by the Philly offense. So I'm already over it, and not to mention the topic I tuned into on my way home today was whether or not he would shave his beard...I kid you not. Baseball season needs to get here.
Is it a done deal?
Old 02-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It is, yeah. He's being announced tomorrow. Though maybe I shouldn't say it's a done done deal until he signs on the dotted line. The Colts had Josh McDaniels set to announce tomorrow as their head coach, he's the Patriots offensive coordinator, and he just left them high and dry today and backed out of taking the job. I think he'd already started lining up assistants who had taken positions too and left their current jobs, sucks for them.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh wow, I didn't realize Miles was from Philadelphia. I thought he was born and raised in Florida.

I know you said you're over it, Amanda, so this is for KiKi. Haha. He's a sports anchor in Oklahoma and a lifelong Eagles fan. This was live on the air when he was supposed to do an NBA wrap-up but saw the final score. It went viral Monday but I'm just seeing it now.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 02-07-2018 at 01:03 AM
Old 02-07-2018, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was being dramatic. I'm more over listening about the Patriots loss than I am the Eagles win. I'm still happy for them, I just don't like the residual effect it's having on my team.

I saw that video yesterday, he seems so genuinely happy. I imagine that would be my reaction if the Lions ever win a Superbowl in my lifetime, not likely. The first cup the Red Wings won in '96 I cried, won't lie.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread