Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2017, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
That's an interesting combo of artists.
I thought it was kind of a random combo too, but both Nelly and BSB have songs with Florida Georgia Line. So Nelly came out first, did a lot of covers of some current songs, then BSB, then Florida Georgia Line. BSB came out to do their song with FGL at some point and then for the encore Nelly came out and did Hot in Herre, BSB came out and did Everybody, and then Nelly joined FGL for Cruise.

When we were standing outside Wrigley for Billy Joel there's a fire station right there and all the guys were outside listening/standing there so we were just mingling with them.

I know very little about Evan Peters other than he was on AHS that first season and he and Emma Roberts have been engaged and unengaged and had some domestic violence issues.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Addicted Fan

There's a rally downtown for the Charlottesville victims that starts in about an hour and I'm having a hard time getting up and out the door. Where will I park? Will I be safe? Will my bad knee hold up walking and standing so long? Blah blah blah. Excuse after excuse. God I feel so old and worn out. I need a Coach Taylor to get me off my ass and moving! Or Taylor the personal trainer. He'd get me up.

Dammit.

OK, here I go.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Be safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
There's a rally downtown for the Charlottesville victims that starts in about an hour and I'm having a hard time getting up and out the door. Where will I park? Will I be safe? Will my bad knee hold up walking and standing so long? Blah blah blah. Excuse after excuse. God I feel so old and worn out. I need a Coach Taylor to get me off my ass and moving! Or Taylor the personal trainer. He'd get me up.

Dammit.

OK, here I go.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Definitely be careful.

So back to Evan Peters. He's been in all the AHS seasons and will be in the new one in September. You all know I hate scary and weird, but I am that fascinated by this guy that I will probably watch it. The domestic issue that Emma Roberts and he had, ended with HER being arrested. Which is not good either way. But they are still together, which I don't get.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Addicted Fan

He's really good in all the seasons. You'll love him in the one set at a circus.

I made it. I'm so glad I went! It wasn't a huge crowd but the vibe was just so positive. No sign of anyone there to cause trouble. One thing I found interesting is that the crowd was mostly baby boomer-age or older (even a few people in wheelchairs), followed by college-age kids. There weren't many in their late 30s/40s. My guess is a lot of those older people were involved in the marches of the 1960s too, for women's rights and civil rights. Anyway, at one point a car vroomed as it took off at a green light and I noticed heads immediately turned. It was the only time I felt any nervousness from the crowd. I wasn't afraid at all though. Like I said, the vibe was really positive.

Afterward I went to see the Dark Tower. It wasn't the greatest but it also wasn't the worst movie ever, as the fanboys would have you believe. I enjoyed it. As someone who hasn't read the books, though, even I got the impression that the story/universe Stephen King created in the books is vast and needs more than a couple hours to be explored. I'd definitely watch a series. The best part: Idris Elba! That man is so HOT!! lol He looks sexy as heck as the gunslinger. And the kid was really good. I thought Matthew McConaughey was a little too wink-wink-nudge-nudge as the villain, but he was serviceable. He's gotten good reviews and I see why the producers would want him, but I came away feeling someone else would've been just as good or better.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel so out of the loop. I literally did not watch a second of TV for five days and was limited to my social media exposure so I'm just playing catch up with the rallies and craziness in Charlottesville and ironically only first heard about it through the Red Wings because apparently one of the right wing groups is using their logo and the organization had to come out and denounce it. Which, apparently they did before Trump even spoke out, of course.

What a mess.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:05 PM
Addicted Fan

I heard somewhere that the Red Wings were considering legal action against that group.

Be sure to watch Game of Thrones and Insecure soon or they'll probably get spoiled for you. Insecure was pretty wild. I don't watch it exactly, I've just been leaving the tv on HBO after GoT the last few weeks. It's ok, I just hate that the language is so crude.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah I did see that as well...

I stayed off twitter yesterday and haven't been spoiled yet. I'm going to watch both tonight. I'm loving this season of Insecure.

I'm so tired, we walked over 30 miles in three days...we did WAY too much shopping and ate bad food, topped off by a hot dog fest to support the Chicago History Museum yesterday where I had a BLT, Doritos, and corn dog (all separate) they were SO good.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Your stomach is going to hate you.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh yeah, not good choices the day before travel, I cheated all weekend. My stomach today is rebelling, it's like I gave it all the food I've been depriving myself for the past year in one weekend. Cupcakes, ice cream, burgers, mexican, hot dogs. We had something called an adult poptart at brunch which was amazing...but I'm paying for it today. Pretty sure I was going to vomit about an hour ago, feeling a bit better now.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

What's in an adult pop tart?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Dang. Now I want a corndog.

Since he's a semi-frequent subject on here, I thought I'd post this. Jimmy got uncharacteristically serious on tonight's show.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love corndogs, but hadn't had one in forever. It was so good.

Jimmy really took a hit in the ratings after he had that softball interview with Trump. I think he has to talk about these uncomfortable issues even if he might want to keep his show lighter and an escape from it all. Colbert really gained on him last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
What's in an adult pop tart?
I had to find a picture because I'm not sure my description would do it justice...if you're ever in Chicago it's up in Wrigleyville called Southport Grocery and Cafe.

Quote:
Adult Poptart: Bluberry, Marscapone, Vanilla Pecans at Southport Grocery & Cafe
This one is kind of taken apart to show the middle, but the two pieces are kind of folded over usually.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I started to post this too. No secret here, I love Jimmy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)

Since he's a semi-frequent subject on here, I thought I'd post this. Jimmy got uncharacteristically serious on tonight's show.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think he's a guy who speaks when he has something to say. He spoke his heart, and he said what so many are thinking. I don't think he likes to be too political, not that he doesn't have a firm opinion. He just doesn't bring that to his show. I'm okay with that. It's a nice break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I love corndogs, but hadn't had one in forever. It was so good.

Jimmy really took a hit in the ratings after he had that softball interview with Trump. I think he has to talk about these uncomfortable issues even if he might want to keep his show lighter and an escape from it all. Colbert really gained on him last time.

I had to find a picture because I'm not sure my description would do it justice...if you're ever in Chicago it's up in Wrigleyville called Southport Grocery and Cafe.

This one is kind of taken apart to show the middle, but the two pieces are kind of folded over usually.

that looks delicious!