Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I heard his Superhero commercial on the radio today again. It's a super cute commercial and he sounds so cute. It's like Ram Power month or something.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

I fell over the dog while walking him in the park today. Knees all bandaged up. Currently propped up on the couch ready to grade writing, do lesson plans, and binge FNL until midnight. For some reason I decided to try season 2 of Parks and Rec. I didn't really like the first season but I actually am enjoying this season much better. I think they are focusing on Amy Poehler more.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Dogs are a hazard! I hope no long last damage was done. I stepped on one of Griswold's bones in the middle of the night a few weeks back and legitimately thought I'd broken something in my foot for about a week.

Season 2 of Parks and Rec is where it starts to get good. I want to say season one was abbreviated, and then they get rid of Mark which I think helped in a weird way. I feel like it's kind of like The Office. Season one was abbreviated and had such a different feel to it, season 2 was when it started to get good.

I was up at an ungodly hour to take my car in to be serviced because I'd been getting phone calls telling me it was overdue for service. But then the guy I'm dating this morning pointed out that I had under 5,000 miles on the car and usually if its synthetic oil you can go at least five if not six thousand miles before needing an oil change. I had no idea it was synthetic. But then by the time he checked and confirmed it was synthetic oil I was all dressed and ready to go. So I went to Ikea, did some yard work, cleaned the house, now I'm making crock pot fajitas and waiting for the Michigan State game to start. I suppose this is what it's like to be a responsible adult and get up at a reasonable hour on a Saturday. You'd be hard pressed to find me out of bed before 10 (I mean I'm up, but not up...) if I have nothing to do.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Right now Mark is still there. I kind of like him.

When I take the dog to the park there is a jogging foot path that I've trained him not to cross over because there are bikers and joggers etc. So if he's walking on the right side, he can't just cut across to the left. He learned that 5 years ago, but today for some reason, he decided something on the left side of the path smelled too tempting. I was in a bit of jog and it was too late. Down I went. So embarrassing.

So are we ready to say BOYFRIEND and not GUY I'M DATING? lol It's been a few weeks now!
Old 09-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ha, I'm so touchy about that. I don't know why. Boyfriend just sounds so official. But yeah I guess it has been some time. He met my mom when she was here a few weeks back. I don't know...he's fixing a toilet seat in my house right now, that seems like boyfriend status so... *sigh*

You just never know with dogs. I took Griz to a new dog park today and we met a dog Sunny. Sunny's favorite thing is to go through your legs. He's like a 90 pound lab. He almost took me out a few times. And hey, at least you fell over the dog and not just tripped over whatever.

Is he still there? Well, sorry for the spoiler, he's gone in season 3 then maybe?

I want to watch FNL but I'll just get sucked in and I don't want to go to the DVD's, so I'm sticking to ER reruns and football today. I need something new to watch/catch up on.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm in denial that I'm about to lose FNL. I can't think about it. I'm so sad.

The dogs in my life just pee and pooh all over my parents' house and it's so gross. My son said we just live in their toilet. Pretty accurate assessment.

My mom suggested this morning that we completely erase my husband from existence and not hang his stocking at Christmas. She is just an awful human. I told her no,I wanted it hung just the same as the past 17 years! I have no words.

I haven't watched the office or parks and rec. Neither held any interest for me.

If he's fixing your toilet it's time to cough up the B word. He's more than a guy you're seeing.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

That's pretty funny! I see your son gets his wit from you. haha. I have to brag and say, that my boy has NEVER peed or pooped in the house... EVER! So proud. He has thrown up a few times and tracked mud all over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
The dogs in my life just pee and pooh all over my parents' house and it's so gross. My son said we just live in their toilet. Pretty accurate assessment.

My mom suggested this morning that we completely erase my husband from existence and not hang his stocking at Christmas. She is just an awful human. I told her no,I wanted it hung just the same as the past 17 years! I have no words.

I haven't watched the office or parks and rec. Neither held any interest for me.
Hmmm. I definitely don't think you should ever completely erase Lee from existence, especially for your children -that is a horrible thing to say. Yikes. I think your mother and my mother would probably get along well. I'm not sure about the hanging of the stocking though, but clearly that is your choice, whatever you think is best.

I didn't LOVE The Office or Parks and Rec season 1 and wasn't going to go any further, but everyone convinced me to give season 2 a try.

Last edited by elherts; 09-30-2017 at 06:59 PM
Old 09-30-2017, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He is pretty funny.

Oldest says she wants it up.
Youngest doesn't.
It's like Sophie's choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
That's pretty funny! I see your son gets his wit form you. haha. I have to brag and say, that my boy has NEVER peed or pooped in the house... EVER! So proud. He has thrown up a few times and tracked mud all over.

Hmmm. I definitely don't think you should ever completely erase Lee from existence, especially for your children -that is a horrible thing to say. Yikes. I think your mother and my mother would probably get along well. I'm not sure about the hanging of the stocking though, but clearly that is your choice, whatever you think is best.

I didn't LOVE The Office or Parks and Rec season 1 and wasn't going to go any further, but everyone convinced me to give season 2 a try.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 09-30-2017 at 06:32 PM
Old 09-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That puts you in a tough spot. I'm sorry, the holidays are always hard. Not that there's any comparison but I still have like three pets old stockings because I just can't throw them out. I don't put them up but I don't have the heart to get rid of them either. Winston, Cosmo, George, Casey and Brandy. All those stockings are hanging out in my basement.

Griz pooped in the house a total of one time as a puppy, the very first day but that was pretty much it. Well he did have a crate explosion but that absolutely wasn't his fault, middle of the night, didn't make a sound. I felt so bad. I feel like bigger dogs are easier to potty train.

Technically it was just the toilet seat he fixed, so...
Old 09-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would hang it. Maybe baby minion will change his mind.

I want these dogs to be better behaved! I just ordered this cleaning stuff that's supposed to pull all odors out of anything. We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
That puts you in a tough spot. I'm sorry, the holidays are always hard. Not that there's any comparison but I still have like three pets old stockings because I just can't throw them out. I don't put them up but I don't have the heart to get rid of them either. Winston, Cosmo, George, Casey and Brandy. All those stockings are hanging out in my basement.

Griz pooped in the house a total of one time as a puppy, the very first day but that was pretty much it. Well he did have a crate explosion but that absolutely wasn't his fault, middle of the night, didn't make a sound. I felt so bad. I feel like bigger dogs are easier to potty train.

Technically it was just the toilet seat he fixed, so...
Details details...
Old 10-01-2017, 02:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
He is pretty funny.

Oldest says she wants it up.
Youngest doesn't.
It's like Sophie's choice.
Since they're split about the stocking, maybe you can include Lee in some other way. What about a new ornament for the tree? It would be something small, but meaningful. You guys could design and make it together. Or each make one.

My family never did stockings.

I'm sorry your moms sound ... sometimes difficult. My mom and I were like peanut butter and jelly. But she and my big sister were like oil and water.

Do any of you have CBS All Access? I'm leaning toward subscribing, even though it totally feels like CBS strong-arming us Trekkies. I've seen the first two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery and I loved it! When the second episode ended, without even thinking I covered my mouth and let out a squeal. Like a little kid.

Anyway, I'm just curious whether All Access is worth it or if I should just wait and buy the eventual DVD.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We already have a new ornament for him. Baby minion pick it out a few months ago.
I have pewter ornaments in our tree. I add 5 new ones each year; one for each of us and a Lee and Kayla one. They get nestled in with my other ornaments that are red and white. The one he picked doesn't match my tree at all. I think we could put it on my mom's tree this year.

My mom made stockings for us when we were little; mom, dad, my sister, and me. When we got married she made new ones for us and our spouses. She got enough fabric at that time to be able to make stockings for future children as well. So, ours are all made from the same fabric and match. She puts all ten (hers and daddy, my family, my sisters family) stockings on the fireplace each year. She doesn't want to hang Lee's. Mostly bc my dad is so mad about what he did and my dad declared grieving time over at the end of June. That's not really fair to us. To be honest, it surprised me me baby minion said he didn't want it up.

We won't have our tree or ornaments or decorations this yr bc we'll still be at my parents. So as far as establishing new traditions, this isn't the yr to do that. We'll see what he says closer to Thanksgiving when we pull everything out to set it up.

I hate that CBS makes you pay to watch their programming. I refuse to buy it. NBC and ABC are both free. CBS is out of their minds. I stopped watching their shows.

It's national cheeseburger day! Oh Taylor, please eat a cheeseburger today and get photographed doing it.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Do you mean CBS online?
Old 10-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sorry, I'm not help, I only watch Network TV for sports, I don't watch any of their original programming.

If there is something I want to watch my TV provider has a streaming app and I assume I could watch it there, but who knows. I've never tried to watch anything on demand for CBS there.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

There's actually a new show that I think I want to check out. It's called The Mayor with Lea Michelle. It looks pretty good.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread