Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
My uber driver from the night of the wedding is trying to upcharge me for $178 claiming that someone in our group got sick in his car. That's bull ****, nobody was sick in the car. I sat in the back nothing happened. Now I'm going to have to deal with filing a complaint. Blah.
That sucks. How can he prove it? I had problems with Uber in Canada. Speaking of Canada, I have a crazy story. The first night we were in Burlington, in a really crowded noodle house. It was loud and noisy, people drinking everywhere. So, there were 9 people in our group and we all got separate checks. Our waiter brings the checks over and there's no check for me. The waiter tells me that somebody picked up my check. ???? We were all looking at each other like huh??? We're looking around the restaurant to see if there is anyone looking our way etc. etc. No one. So we we're freaked out, but then it became a big joke. For the rest of the trip, someone, or multiple someones in my group picked up my check for every meal. Of course everyone denied it... but I'm talking hundreds of dollars worth of food and alcohol. haha

Last edited by elherts; 07-05-2017 at 01:49 PM
Old 07-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's sweet though! And nice to get a break on pricey food and drinks!

I have no idea how he can or cannot prove it. I'm asking for pictorial evidence. I'm hoping it's something as simple as he didn't find the mess until later and thought it was our group but it wasn't. I don't know. I've never had a complaint by any driver before and I use uber a lot when I'm on vacation/out of town.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

I saw Baby Driver. It was not what I was expecting but I loved it. My nephew really loved it. He said.. "Its good to see a movie that's different, not another super hero movie." Love that kid.

At first I thought it was going to be Ferris Buellerish but it was nothing like that.. haha. It was pretty dark, reminded me of Thelma and Louise for some reason. I thought the AA trailer was going to play before it but it didn't. I also wondered what Taylor thought. There were 1 or 2 parts that I didn't love but overall a 9 for sure. Ansel Elgort definitely has the IT factor, and Lily James is adorable. I loved her on Downton Abbey. And... Jamie Foxx scared the crap out me. I wonder if Taylor was in the running for Jon Hamm's role.

Last edited by elherts; 07-06-2017 at 05:56 PM
Old 07-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I want to see Baby Driver but I'm not sure it's a movie I'd go out of my way to see in theaters, though I've seen good things about it. I did like Lily James on Downton Abbey and I like Jamie Foxx. I have a hard time seeing John Hamm as anyone other than Don Draper.

I would say Taylor probably wasn't, just because of the filming times. February to May of 2016...that's when he was originally supposed to be filming the Dolan film before the schedule change. Plus, I don't know if age plays a factor, but Hamm seems like he's kind of in that next age group up, like would be competing with actors like Kyle Chandler as opposed to someone younger like Taylor.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I would say Taylor probably wasn't, just because of the filming times. February to May of 2016...that's when he was originally supposed to be filming the Dolan film before the schedule change. Plus, I don't know if age plays a factor, but Hamm seems like he's kind of in that next age group up, like would be competing with actors like Kyle Chandler as opposed to someone younger like Taylor.
I wonder if it was a script he read or was asked to read. I actually think someone Taylor's age would have fit the role that Jon Hamm played better.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I always wish that studios would make public who might be in the running for a role. You'll always hear rumors but sometimes those aren't even true. Like Taylor playing Finnick. He was never in the running for that.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Anyone watching Big Brother? Mark
Old 07-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I caught some of Big Brother after dark the other night, just because it was on after ER, but I haven't seen an episode. I'll have to look into Mark. I saw that Paul is back and Nicole was a guest host for an episode but I have to decide whether to dive into it or not. I feel so far behind already.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

I'm behind too. But he's my favorite so far.

Finally finished the People Vs. OJ Simpson. I wasn't that impressed, I thought it was a bit cheesy at times. Some great performances though.

Last edited by elherts; 07-07-2017 at 08:39 PM
Old 07-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Uber tip; always take black or higher. Apparently, it's easier to deal with them when you have a complaint than with just regular Uber.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was just interested in finding an uber that could fit us all, biting me in the butt now.

I said I'm not a movie goer and then we went to see The Big Sick last night but it was sold out! I was so bummed, I wanted to see it, but instead we saw Baby Driver. I really liked it! The music throughout was great and it was just different. I'm glad we ended up seeing it.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Any True Blood or Elementary fans out there? This is so tragic. He was great.

Nelsan Ellis, who played Lafayette Reynolds on 'True Blood,' is dead at 39 - LA Times
Old 07-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Any True Blood or Elementary fans out there? This is so tragic. He was great.

Nelsan Ellis, who played Lafayette Reynolds on 'True Blood,' is dead at 39 - LA Times
That's so sad. So young. He was great on true blood.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had no idea he was sick. So sad, he was the heart of that show at times. It'll be hard to watch knowing he's gone.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

My first thought was drugs lead to heart failure. I hope I'm wrong and I'm sad that my thoughts automatically went that way.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread