Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2017, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Just the way he's kind of holding it, I think it has to be fake...like he's trying to hold the fake protesthic in place the way he has his hands positioned. But yes, another question to ask?

"Hey Taylor, so in the first episode of True Detective when you're getting the unwanted blowjob from your girlfriend and you walk out of the bathroom, that was a protesthic penis, right?"

Somehow I don't think they requested that he "fluff" himself for this scene. I mean Alexander Skaarsgard used a protesthic in Big Little Lies, but that was like actual flesh shown.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Just the way he's kind of holding it, I think it has to be fake...like he's trying to hold the fake protesthic in place the way he has his hands positioned. But yes, another question to ask?

"Hey Taylor, so in the first episode of True Detective when you're getting the unwanted blowjob from your girlfriend and you walk out of the bathroom, that was a protesthic penis, right?"

Somehow I don't think they requested that he "fluff" himself for this scene. I mean Alexander Skaarsgard used a protesthic in Big Little Lies, but that was like actual flesh shown.
Or maybe it just happened.....

I don't remember that in Big Little Lies!!
Old 06-26-2017, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Maybe it did just happen, he's not exactly at full attention.

I'll have to put the Big Little Lies talk behind a spoiler

Spoiler:
Old 06-26-2017, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe it did just happen, he's not exactly at full attention.
That makes me feel better.

I just watched BLL. .. haha. I had to know. I totally remember that scene but didn't realize it was OUT! OMG.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Go back and watch! I was watching the finale of VEEP last night and they had a clip for Big Little Lies and it made me want to rewatch it again. After GLOW maybe I will. I really did love it.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

There's that one picture of him floating around on the internet somewhere that leads me to believe this is a smaller prosthetic. I can't imagine how embarrassing it is to film love scenes as a guy, it's not like they can exactly hide their excitement/lack of
Old 06-26-2017, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishouldbestudying (View Post)
There's that one picture of him floating around on the internet somewhere that leads me to believe this is a smaller prosthetic. I can't imagine how embarrassing it is to film love scenes as a guy, it's not like they can exactly hide their excitement/lack of
If it's the one I am thinking of, it's totally fake. The only one that might be real is the one in the pool and that is not very flattering.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So watching the scene, unless they remove the prosthetic in between shots...he lets go of the towel with both hands when he's facing her...so it's not in his hand at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishouldbestudying (View Post)
There was some feature done a few years back on shooting love scenes in movies/TV shows and they were anonymously quoting some actors that they interviewed and it will always stick out in my mind one of the actors said he always feels like he needs to apologize before shooting the scene..."i'm sorry if I do, I'm sorry if I don't."

Honestly, I'd be kind of offended if he didn't, but at the same time it's such a sterile situation with lights and people and whatever.

Taylor said this about the nude scene in True Detective:

Quote:
“I mean they’re always awkward. And that was literally, I think, my first or second day on the shoot. You know you gotta break the ice somehow so we’d just joke around and laugh a lot about that. The whole crew, it’s like we’re working with this crew I’ve never worked with you know, wearing, uh, nothing. Hanging out, literally. But I mean you try to make it light and when you get ready you get going and do what you gotta do.”

So I looked for the quote and actually came across a much more detailed conversation about it between Allison Williams and Samuel L. Jackson recently on WWHL...

Quote:
During the talk show, a texted-in question asked the actors: “What’s worse? When a guy gets a boner during a sex scene or when he doesn’t?”

She said: “We debate this a lot because it is flattering and upsetting when it happens and it is also upsetting and unflattering when it doesn’t happen.”

Williams added: “So the best case scenario is kind of like a suggestion of excitement without the actual physical manifestation of it.

Jackson then suddenly butted in, “Aw bull sh**! Bull sh**!”, while Williams said how awkward it is.

The actress also confirmed to Jackson that men have to wear a little sock for decency.

The Kong Skull Island actor admitted: “I always apologise first.”
He added: “I’m sorry if I do and I’m sorry if I don’t. That generally works.”
Old 06-26-2017, 01:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I honestly never noticed that before! I always thought it was just a ruffle in the towel. OMG! That's about a handful... I was hoping for more! lol Just another question to add to our list.
A handful of Taylor is probably all a girl needs.

I've heard other actors cite Denzel as the originator of the "sorry if I do, sorry if I don't" remark to actresses. But I have no idea if he really was the first.

I can picture the director saying action and Taylor walking out with something massive, just to get a laugh. Or a rise, as the case maybe ...

My vote is prosthetic. If it isn't, it means Taylor was being inappropriate. I can't help but think of that woman's Grand Seduction story in that podcast. If it's NOT a prosthetic, it would point to her alleged story being less funny and more creepy. He doesn't seem the type to be creepy.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Okay, now I'm obsessed with this. I can't stop thinking about it. haha. I think it's him and they just went with it. I wonder how that conversation went down.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So looking at the scene...they very blatantly show him taking an erectical disfunction pill, and then looking at his watch to see how long it's going to take before it kicks in. To me the obviousness of the erection under the towel was intentional for the scene and they wanted us to see that, and I don't think they'd ask him to do that so they'd have to have a prosthetic.

I honestly don't even know what is or isn't appropriate in a scene like this. I mean it's all inappropriate, he has a sock hanging off of him and it's in her face, the normal lines of inappropriate and appropriate seem to kind of go out the window. Like they said, sorry if I do, sorry if I don't.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So looking at the scene...they very blatantly show him taking an erectical disfunction pill, and then looking at his watch to see how long it's going to take before it kicks in. To me the obviousness of the erection under the towel was intentional for the scene and they wanted us to see that, and I don't think they'd ask him to do that so they'd have to have a prosthetic.
True. But you would think they would have made it a little more prominent. I've watched the scene 5 times and never noticed it. Although, I also missed Alexander's soo.....

**This is why he needs to go on Howard Stern, so we can call in and ask.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I mean I noticed it right away first time I saw the scene. I thought it was obvious but maybe it wasn't so obvious. Just he's standing there framing it with his fingers and it's shot from below...

This is a question that could only be asked on Howard Stern or that Barstool Podcast I listen to. And they'd ask it too, for sure.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I noticed it the first time, probably because I was looking

I don't think it's creepy if he did have a real one in the scene, there's really nothing guys can do about it. It just kind of happens, like it or not.

Even if that pic we're thinking of is fake, I still think this is a prosthetic. I feel like he doesn't have a problem size wise because whenever he talks about sex scenes he jokes that he would have no problem going full frontal on camera, which leads me to believe he has absolutely nothing to be self concious about and he knows it
Old 06-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

The BabyBird picture is still my favorite but I do think there was padding in there. I have never spent so much energy on this subject on any of the guys I've fangirled on. I was planting and weeding today and I couldn't get it out of my head. My neighbor even asked me what I was smiling at. hahaha.

I don't think it was inappropriate either, it probably happens all the time. I'm not decided on real or not real yet. If it was real, that's a very awkward scene to film... if it's not real, I would think they would have given him something a little more noticeable.

Last edited by elherts; 06-26-2017 at 03:45 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread