Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Why hasn’t paramount done a better job with Waco?
Old 12-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Part of it has to be that it just doesn't have the cache that other established networks have. They're trying to find their footing and unfortunately Waco is/was their guinea pig.

But I've become increasingly convinced we're not getting a DVD. Yellowstone is already out and for sale. Almost a year later and still no Waco.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Going through Taylor withdrawal, I know he'll be doing promo for 17 Bridges (if he's not filming something else) but probably the next potential news about his HBO series would be early February at the 2019 TCA's.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Going through Taylor withdrawal, I know he'll be doing promo for 17 Bridges (if he's not filming something else) but probably the next potential news about his HBO series would be early February at the 2019 TCA's.
We have to wait until February!?!? Ugh. So.L.O.N.G.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Just a month away. I'm hoping we get some news on the project this month, casting wise, or we hear something at the TCA's.

I truly hope it's not a situation where he won't be filming it until after '17 Bridges' this summer. Hopefully they'll shoot the pilot soon and then HBO can decide whether or not to order it to a series.

I guess we should still remember two that he mentioned there were three projects, so there still might be one more coming.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Just a month away. I'm hoping we get some news on the project this month, casting wise, or we hear something at the TCA's.

I truly hope it's not a situation where he won't be filming it until after '17 Bridges' this summer. Hopefully they'll shoot the pilot soon and then HBO can decide whether or not to order it to a series.

I guess we should still remember two that he mentioned there were three projects, so there still might be one more coming.
Yes! Another project! The more he films, the more we see!
Old 01-04-2019, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know he's not into it, but every year I wonder if he's in LA around this time because it's award season/schmoozing/networking time.

I might fall over if I ever heard he attended an award show after party. But the HBO party would be where he should be...
Old 01-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I know he's not into it, but every year I wonder if he's in LA around this time because it's award season/schmoozing/networking time.

I might fall over if I ever heard he attended an award show after party. But the HBO party would be where he should be...
We know he hates it, but surely he’s starting to see it’s a necessary part of doing business...
Old 01-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't know if he'll ever do it, but it is a necessary evil sometimes. If he's getting more into the producing part of projects, knowing the right people, going to these events are sometimes something you just have to grin and bear.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 01-04-2019 at 05:59 PM
Old 01-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

He should be nominated for a ****ing Golden Globe.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He probably should have, it's too bad it wasn't on a more prominent network. I followed this Twitter thread for a bit last night. A lot of talk of Taylor and season 2 of True Detective since people are revisiting the series with the third season premiering next weekend.

I can't wait for the day that Taylor has a role that isn't only loved by critics but also seen by the masses. It seems like he always has the bad luck that his best work is in his lesser seen projects.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
He should be nominated for a ****ing Golden Globe.
He should have. He was so good in Waco. I wonder if it frustrates him as much as us?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I mean I'm sure that anything he does he wants people to appreciate and see. I think that he probably thought he might have a chance at a nomination and I'm sure there's part of him that wants to "show" or shut up some critics that still spout his 2012 failure as a reason he's a flop. But those people would find a reason to hate him regardless or put him down regardless, so...

But he's pretty competitive. This role out of any I'm sure he thought was his shot.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’d love to see him show up anyone who said he was awful.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I mean I'm sure that anything he does he wants people to appreciate and see. I think that he probably thought he might have a chance at a nomination and I'm sure there's part of him that wants to "show" or shut up some critics that still spout his 2012 failure as a reason he's a flop. But those people would find a reason to hate him regardless or put him down regardless, so...

But he's pretty competitive. This role out of any I'm sure he thought was his shot.
It seemed like he competed hard for Waco, hence all the screenings, Q&As and interviews he did right before nominations.

But it sounds like he's front and center in the new HBO series, and HBO is great at marketing its stuff. Plus, HBO projects just get more attention simply by being HBO. So even if it doesn't bring in big numbers and rapturous reviews, unless it's a complete and total failure (which we know it won't be) this is probably an even bigger shot for him awards-wise. He was technically the lead in Waco too but it sometimes felt more like an ensemble piece with so many characters and subplots. And the subject matter is/was so well known and divisive, it took a lot of the attention away from his performance too. If that makes sense.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread