Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So, apparently The Dig is a short film directed by Joseph Kosinksi who we all know also directed Only The Brave (is about to direct the new Top Gun movie). I have no idea when it was filmed but it's screening tonight in Culver City interestingly enough.

Quote:
ron_oscar_sierra Missing my peeps tonight at the screening for a short film I worked on #thedig starring @lilyjcollins and #taylorkitsch Directed by a good dude #josephkosinski Produced by @julienlemaitre @sony camera was the method. Now click the link in my bio to watch @theperfectfamilyshortfilm2017 #shortfilm #director #actor #writer #film #cinema

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-06-2017 at 09:49 PM
Old 09-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
So, apparently The Dig is a short film directed by Joseph Kosinksi who we all know also directed Only The Brave (is about to direct the new Top Gun movie). I have no idea when it was filmed but it's screening tonight in Culver City interestingly enough.
Hmmm. Now how can we see it?
Old 09-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So this is all I got...the poster and it was filmed on Sony's new Venice camera...both Joe Kosinski and Claudio Mirando are there screening it/discussing it tonight. The guy that posted the original picture but now deleted it and Lily both have coinciding photos at the same location on August 4th and he mentioned it was a four day shoot. So they shot it earlier this month it seems.

But maybe the most important thing here is that Joseph Kosinski asked Taylor to do this...so how long until he's announced as the lead in the new Top Gun?

An article about the camera, which mentions "The Dig"...the first footage from the camera was shooting The Dig which is why they're screening it. So, not sure if the project was done specifically to premiere the camera or if it was just a happy coincidence and this is a legitimate possibly viable short that could become a motion picture.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/beh...camera-1035827

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-06-2017 at 10:00 PM
Old 09-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Edit: Found the whole thing, yay!

http://ps.sony.co.kr/pro/article/bro...-venice-videos

I would guess that fan sighting of him on the Sony lot last month was probably related to this shoot.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-07-2017 at 12:48 PM
Old 09-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Hmm. Interesting. He was great as usual.

BUT I do not want him to be in Top Gun 2! NO!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I mean...I wouldn't want him to say no to Top Gun if he was asked, but I don't think it would be the best move. The fact that he worked with Joseph again though...

Here is the behind the scenes video, a few shots of Taylor and Lily.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Double post.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Really US Weekly? I mean, pretty sure this has been known and rehashed over and over again for the last 10 years?

Old 09-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They're a little late to the party...
Old 09-17-2017, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Daily Beast always does great articles with Taylor. I wish they'd do a more in depth one like they did for The Normal Heart.

Quote:
TEXAS FOREVER
Taylor Kitsch Is Not Game for a ‘Friday Night Lights’ Revival
But the hunk formerly known as Riggins is having the time of his life breaking bad, first as a terrorist in ‘American Assassin’ and next as cult leader David Koresh in ‘Waco.’

Before he gave his best blue steel modeling for Abercrombie & Fitch, and before he rose to stardom as the brooding, hunky Tim Riggins on NBC’s Friday Night Lights, Taylor Kitsch took his fair share of hits.

He—along with his two older brothers—were raised by their mother in a trailer park in his native Canada after their father deserted the family when Kitsch was one, and a devastating knee injury during his teenage years dashed his dreams of hockey stardom. Years later, after the modeling gigs dried up in New York, he found himself homeless, spending his nights sleeping in subway cars and sneaking into gyms to shower; after moving to L.A. to try his hand personal training, he spent four months living out of a tiny hatchback, with one of its windows replaced by a clear plastic sheet covered in duct tape.

“Any time you can go through life and get hit or knocked down, it should help,” he says. “The journey of getting here was a pretty darn good test, and I’m still being tested each and every day.”

Kitsch’s latest test comes in American Assassin, with the 36-year-old actor playing his first onscreen villain. He is Ghost, a shadowy international terrorist attempting to get his hands on a nuclear weapon in order to exact revenge on the U.S. We later learn that he was a former black ops agent who was left for dead overseas by his boss Stan Hurley (Michael Keaton), an ex-Navy SEAL who specializes in asymmetric warfare.

Ghost serves as a foil to Mitch Rapp (Dylan O’Brien), a young man who, after losing his fiancée during a terrorist attack in Spain, attempts to single-handedly penetrate a terror cell and kill those responsible—only to then be recruited by the deputy director of the CIA (Sanaa Lathan) and trained by Hurley to kill for the red, white and blue.

“I loved it,” Kitsch says of breaking bad. “I hope to do it a lot more, to be honest with you. It’s nice to create this guy and have free rein to make him how you saw. It strays away from ‘cliché’ bad guys. He is an American, it’s an attack that’s beyond personal for him, and on a certain level you kind of understand him—which I loved.”

Assassin is gloriously over the top, and nobody seems to be having more fun than Kitsch and Keaton, who appear to be playing their own personal game of Who’s More Grizzled? In what is without question the film’s finest sequence, Kitsch removes his shirt to reveal the spoils of war before brutally torturing Keaton, yanking off his fingernails one at a time. “I got nine more! I like this!” Keaton barks back.

The cinematic implication of a scarred villain torturing the two-time Caped Crusader was not lost on Kitsch. “I definitely saw it,” he chuckles. “You know you’re in good hands going to bat with Keaton, and the work he’s been doing of late has been just terrific. It was a big part of me signing on, and driving a scene like that with him was a lot of fun.”

With a title like American Assassin and a truly bonkers normal-guy-hunts-terrorists premise, many feared that the film would succumb to crass jingoism at a time when a hawkish strongman with an itchy Twitter finger has the U.S. on the perpetual brink of global war. But Kitsch insists it’s “not just violence for the sake of violence” and far from fetishizes combat.

“We show you the worst, most unglorified part of being an assassin,” he says. “Obviously it’s fictional, but you see the trauma that Dylan O’Brien’s character goes through personally, and you see the trauma that being in war brings. We take you down the worst part of that. It’s not like Bond, where you’re going, I want to be Bond! Nobody’s going, I want to be Mitch Rapp—this tortured, psychologically scarred young man out for vengeance.”

With roles like Ghost, Bruce Niles in The Normal Heart, and the closeted Paul Woodrugh on True Detective, Kitsch has seemingly weathered the blockbuster storms of John Carter and Battleship and returned to his character actor roots. Just don’t expect to see him in a revival of Friday Night Lights.

“I think there are still rumblings about that,” he says, laughing. “Pete [Berg] knows the answer loud and clear. We’re having dinner tonight, and even at dinner, I think he would more or less joke about it than ever be like, ‘Hey, let’s go back ten years and relive this moment that ended perfectly.’ You know, there’s just no point.”

“Earlier on, even if you wanna start with Riggins, I was told, ‘He’s going to last just one season,’ and ‘you’re not a priority,’ so I’ve always been drawn to these character-driven guys,” he continues. “Bang Bang Club was an incredible story and still something that I’m very proud of. Then you take these big swings with winners like [Andrew] Stanton at Pixar and Pete [Berg] with Battleship, then you go into a Murphy [in Lone Survivor] that was a beautiful tribute to these guys. I feel incredibly happy with the work I’ve done—not just making the most of them, but staying scared and keeping myself off-kilter.”

In that vein, Kitsch will next embark on perhaps his most difficult role yet: portraying David Koresh in Waco, a miniseries about the Waco siege set to premiere on the Paramount Network early next year. The show’s all-star cast includes Michael Shannon, Melissa Benoist, Andrea Riseborough, John Leguizamo, and Rory Culkin, and will run over six one-hour episodes. But Kitsch will be front and center as the charismatic cult leader of the Branch Davidians.

And it sounds like he’s done his homework. “I met the nine guys that survived the last siege. After I read [survivor] David Thibodeau’s A Place Called Waco several times I got in touch with him and hung out with him a lot, and then spent a lot of time learning what Koresh believed in,” shares Kitsch. “Singing and learning guitar took up a lot of my time too, as did losing about twenty-five to thirty pounds to play him. I listened to hundreds of hours of Koresh phone conversations with the FBI, with the ATF, with child protective services, with his mom to watching sermons and videos of him growing up. It’s really the key to anybody—the past, and how he grew up.”

He adds, “I will say that it’s going to bleed a lot of truth into what actually happened. What the media gave people at the time was incredibly one-sided, and they wouldn’t let the Davidians talk to the press or release anything. They’ve still withheld a lot of these FBI tapes. We’re going to shed light on what actually happened.”
Taylor Kitsch Is Not Game for a ‘Friday Night Lights’ Revival
Old 09-17-2017, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Great article. I'm even more excited for Waco!
Old 09-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I saw someone tweet Taylor's name attached with some other celebrities and Chelsea Handler's a few days ago and wondered what it was about. Apparently he was at Wild Card West, Pete's boxing gym, to hear Chelsea Handler speak this past week.

I believe Chelsea and Pete know each other through Whitney Cummings who Pete dated.

You can watch her live talk at their Facebook page. Though the quality is not the best.

https://www.facebook.com/wildcardwest/

Quote:
One of Hollywood’s hottest speaking gigs these days is at a boxing gym.

“Patriots Day” director Peter Berg co-owns Wild Card West Boxing Club in Santa Monica, Calif., where, a spy explains, “he’s been regularly hosting a speaker series . . . Rihanna and Liev Schreiber are among the gym’s clients.”

We hear that last week Berg hosted Chelsea Handler for a talk “about everything from Chelsea’s experience doing ‘ayahuasca’ to taking on white supremacists on her show.” In the audience were actor Taylor Kitsch and UFC announcer Bruce Buffer.

An attendee added, “Peter opens these events to local police officers, firefighters and veterans as well so they have a very community feel — in the past Navy SEALs Marcus Luttrell and Jocko Willink have
Director Peter Berg hosts a celeb speaking series at his boxing gym | Page Six

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-17-2017 at 09:27 PM
Old 09-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Dig was so beautifully shot, what a gorgeous film... I LOVE IT! They both a great job!
Old 10-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Moved to the info thread.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-04-2017 at 06:21 PM Reason: Wrong thread
Old 10-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

New Ram Truck commercial.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread