Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Another person on twitter attempting to claim they're Taylor. Report if you can.

https://twitter.com/Ericmoore2345
Reported.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He was suspended, so that's good.

I read an article the other day that assessed the most "bankable" Canadian actors. I hate that they point out just because JC cost so much to make shouldn't negate the fact that even with unfavorable mentions he still put butts in the seats to make a ton of money for that movie.

Quote:
When you think of Canada’s most bankable movie stars, names like Ryan Reynolds, Seth Rogen and Rachel McAdams probably spring to mind.

But not one of them ranks in the Great White North’s top 10 when you crunch the data the way The 10 and 3 has.

The data visualization site has taken a crack at listing the Canadian movie stars who have brought in the most money at the box office.

And the top 10 aren’t exactly a “who’s who” of Hollywood when you look at how much money they brought in per picture for the movies in which they held the lead roles.

10 and 3 authors Zack Gallinger and Arik Motskin looked at the numbers a few ways.

First, they listed the total box office earnings for every film an actor has appeared in.

But that list yielded some unknown names such as Daniel Cudmore (who played smaller roles in the X-Men and Twilight franchises), so that probably wasn’t the best definition of a bankable star.

Then, The 10 and 3 looked at actors’ box office gross when they appeared in starring roles.

But that, too, wasn’t totally fair, as the list was biased in favour of actors who have been in the industry for a long time, such as Keanu Reeves or Jim Carrey.

The authors finally settled on a methodology in which they took data from The Numbers, a website that tracks box office business.

They then looked at a list of Canadian actors on the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) and calculated their box office earnings they made per film in which they played leading roles.

This methodology also had a few limitations.

Box office figures likely weren’t adjusted for inflation, Motskin told Global News.

And those numbers only accounted for gross earnings at the box office — not the money movies lost against their budgets.

Taylor Kitsch, for example, starred in the 2012 film John Carter, which cost $275 million to make but only barely broke even at a worldwide box office take of just over $282 million, according to The Numbers.

Nevertheless, the list includes some names from the past that aren’t exactly household names in 2017.

And that just goes to show how long Canadians have been helping Hollywood studios rake in the cash at the movies.

Here are Canada’s most bankable stars, according to The 10 and 3:

10) Nia Vardalos – $125 million per film
9) Carrie-Anne Moss – $126 million per film
8) Brendan Fraser – $158 million per film
7) Jim Carrey – $169 million per film
6) Will Arnett – $176 million per film
5) Rick Moranis – $194 million per film
4) Taylor Kitsch – $197 million per film
3) Hayden Christensen – $226 million per film
2) Kim Cattrall – $237 million per film
1) Mike Myers – $340 million per film
Canada’s ‘most bankable movie stars’ include a few names you probably forgot - National | Globalnews.ca
Old 07-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

He's number 4. That's pretty cool and something tells me that will increase in the next few months.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

How did Ryan Reynolds. Ryan Gosling, and Rachel McAdams not make this list?
Old 07-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So it says in the article that it is classified by them "holding the lead role" I'm not quite sure what qualifies as a lead role. Is Rachel's role in Wedding Crashers a lead? Probably. Is her role in Dr. Strange a lead, probably not. Ryan Reynolds hasn't had a ton of box office success outside of Deadpool. But I suppose with success in a lead you have to account for their not so great movies too, so that probably evens him out. Ryan Gosling really doesn't do a lot of big blockbuster movies, he's always stuck more to the independent, Oscar bait movies.

So movies Taylor can probably classify as a "lead" would be John Carter, Battleship and maybe Lone Survivor. They'll say JC and Battleship were flops, but they still brought in a ton of money. It was their huge budget in the first place that did them in not their actual box office.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm surprised that Michael J Fox isn't on it. He owned the 80s.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Probably due to inflation, there's no way a movie in the 80's could top something that came out 20/30 years later.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Probably due to inflation, there's no way a movie in the 80's could top something that came out 20/30 years later.
I guess they didn't take that into account, but really they should have.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I'm surprised that Michael J Fox isn't on it. He owned the 80s.
I forgot about Michael! Mike Meyers hasn't done anything recently... well Shrek I guess. Nevermind.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

All the Shrek's made a ton of money. But the last movie I remember him doing outside of that was that terrible Love Guru movie which bombed.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
All the Shrek's made a ton of money. But the last movie I remember him doing outside of that was that terrible Love Guru movie which bombed.
I never saw that. It looked awful.

Obviously, the Austin Powers movies did well.

Taylor's new movies will move him up the list.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Taylor's new movies will move him up the list.
Here's hoping they will!!
Old 07-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think AA will surpass expectations for a rated R movie...GMH, I feel like that will be a really really well reviewed movie that might not find an audience. Unless the reviews are just that good....then I hope that it's an awards contender too. I read an article the other day talking about how the Oscar race is wide open there really aren't any contenders at this point and some will probably come out of TIFF and Sundance.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Just a quick news update to keep this thread up to date. Granite Mountain Hotshots is now Only the Brave, due out October 20th, due out a month earlier in the UK, September 22nd.

An early press tour has begun for American Assassin in LA. One of the journalists at the press tour made mention that it sounds like they will also be going to London for press and probably a premiere event.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have no idea what this is for, but Taylor with Lily Collins today shooting "The dig"

Closed Thread   Post New Thread