#11 | #12 | #13 | #14 |
#15 |#16 |#17 |#18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22
Old 06-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Recent news from the previous thread:

Quote:
Jeff Bridges, Taylor Kitsch Join Josh Brolin-Miles Teller Firefighter Film (EXCLUSIVE)

Jeff Bridges and Taylor Kitsch have rounded out the ensemble cast for Black Label Media’s untitled firefighter film that currently stars Josh Brolin, Miles Teller and James Badge Dale.

Black Label will also continue its strong partnership with Lionsgate, which now has worldwide distribution rights, including North America, through its Summit Entertainment label. This news comes on the heels of the project’s strong international sales at the Cannes Film Festival.

Lionsgate seemed like the obvious home for the project given Black Label’s strong ties to the studio following the success of “Sicario” and the upcoming Ryan Gosling-Emma Stone musical “La La Land.”

“Tron: Legacy” helmer Joseph Kosinski will direct the film, which follows the Granite Mountain Hotshots, a group of firefighters that faced one of the deadliest wildfires in history in order to save an Arizona town, resulting in the tragic death of 19 crew members. Kitsch and Bridges will play firefighters in the pic.

Ken Nolan developed the story on spec with the producers.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Erik Howsam, Conde Nast Entertainment’s Jeremy Steckler and Dawn Ostroff, Mike Menchel, Black Label Media’s Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill are producing the film. Black Label is financing.

Di Bonaventura also has “Deep Water Horizon” on the pipeline with Lionsgate.

Kitsch most recently appeared in HBO’s second season of “True Detective” opposite Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams. He is about to make his directorial debut with “Pieces,” which he will also star in. He’s also attached to topline “The Death and Life of John F. Donovan” with Jessica Chastain.

He is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.

Bridges is coming off strong reviews following the premiere of his heist film “Hell or High Water” at Cannes. He is repped by CAA and MGMT Entertainment.

Black Label Media’s Molly Smith, Thad Luckinbill and Trent Luckinbill have several other high-profile projects in production/pre-production, including writer/director Danny Strong’s “Rebel in the Rye,” starring Nicholas Hoult and Kevin Spacey. They recently signed a first look, two-year deal with ABC Signature and ABC Studios.
Jeff Bridges, Taylor Kitsch Join Firefighter Movie | Variety

Quote:
‘Friday Night Lights’ reunion: Taylor Kitsch explains why he’s done with Tim Riggins

Even though it’s been five years since “Friday Night Lights” came to an end in February 2011, we’ve never gotten over Dillon Panthers running back Tim Riggins – and neither has Taylor Kitsch! Wonderwall.com caught up with the erstwhile No. 33 in the days leading up to his first “FNL” reunion since the show wrapped (he teamed up with former co-stars Minka Kelly, Zach Gilford and Aimee Teegarden to run the Chicago Spartan Super with Marriott Rewards on June 11, 2016) and got the scoop on why he can’t let go of Tim – even though he’s opposed to returning to the character in an official capacity. Taylor also dished on the “FNL” props he’s managed to hold onto all these years, his impressive training routine to play a firefighter in the upcoming film “Granite Mountain,” how that regimen helped him dominate the Chicago Spartan Super and more! Keep reading for the highlights from our chat…

Taylor Kitsch on why he’s done with “Friday Night Lights”:

“I have 100 percent closure on it. I think we ended it on such a great note that there’s no need to [revisit it], and just personally as an actor, I don’t feel I need to re-explore something that we’ve done so well to begin with. So I would not be a part of that.”

Taylor Kitsch on the “FNL” props he stole after the show wrapped:

“I stole some for sure… I have a piece of Rigg’s locker with a taped name on. I have his boots. I have about four or five game-worn jerseys. What else did I steal? I have the gloves that he wore. I have his belt. Obviously I can’t let go of this character. Apparently, it’s a sickness. That’s it that I can remember.”

Taylor Kitsch on what exactly he does with his “FNL” mementos:

“I wear them around the house naked. I sleep in them and work out in them. I wear them everywhere I go. No, the jerseys are in my closet.”

Taylor Kitsch on reuniting with his “Friday Night Lights” co-stars:

“It’s a big deal. I haven’t seen any of those cast members since we cut the last [episode]. So it’s been five-plus years… It’s been too long. That show is nothing but amazing memories. It would be great to hang out with all of them. But I’d love to see Derek Phillips (Billy Riggins) on board [most of all]. That would’ve been hilarious.”

Taylor Kitsch on running his first Spartan:

“I’ve never done the obstacle courses, but I’ve done certain training in that kind of way. We trained very similarly for a Navy SEAL movie that I did, so I definitely used those kinds of things to get ready for this… It’s about having fun and enjoying it and the training and not the monotonous gym stuff.”

Taylor Kitsch on Marriott Rewards’ special training for the Spartan Race:

“For me, it’s more about anaerobic [exercise] and getting your heart rate up and being able to recover quickly because that’s what you’re gonna have to do in the race. It’s a lot of using your own body weight as well – pull-ups, pushups, the kinda stuff that’s gonna enable you to lift yourself up those ropes and over those walls and stuff. So that’s what I’ve been focusing on.”

Taylor Kitsch on the Super Spartan obstacle he was most dreading:

“The javelin [throw]. I would literally be 100 feet away from me during that. So if you’re on the course with me, [know that] I have no idea how I’m gonna do on that part of it. I have no idea what’s gonna happen. I would literally stay away from me at that point.”

Taylor Kitsch on how his recent movie training prepared him for the race:

“We’ve been training super-hard on this movie ['Granite Mountain’], so I feel like I’m in pretty good shape. We should be good. I’ve been training at elevation, which is craziness… I’ll have a definite advantage with the ['Friday Night Lights’] cast. I should have no excuse.”

Taylor Kitsch on a typical day of training for “Granite Mountain”:

“We’ve been training at 7,000 feet. There’s less air to breathe, so your lungs have to go through that crazy burning sensation and adapt to that elevation… We’re in Santa Fe [New Mexico] right now. We’re playing these firefighters, hot shots. It’s a true story. We’re basically going on two-plus-hour hikes with chainsaws and 75-pound backpacks and walking up mountains and stopping to dig trenches, to dig lines, to drop trees. We’re basically doing that for five hours. Then we’ll come back, have lunch, do some schooling stuff on it and then we’ll go again and either do a run or whatever we need to work on… We’re scaling a mountain, so basically there’s less oxygen for us to take, so your body has to adapt to that. That takes about 10 days, depending on your training.”
Friday Night Lights reunion - Taylor Kitsch explains why he's done with Riggins | Gallery | Wonderwall.com

Quote:

Taylor Kitsch and Minka Kelly Reflect on Where Their Friday Night Lights Characters Would Be Now

Friday Night Lights is one of those television shows that all kinds of people in your life—even the ones who don’t keep up with “cool” TV—seem to be obsessed with. Your parents, your grandparents, your cousin, your baby brother, your barista, your dentist, your dog—they all make the same gleeful expression when the show gets mentioned. “Oh my God, it’s a perfect show, I can barely even talk about it,” they’ll say. Or they’ll just squeal a character’s name (“Riggins!” “Landry!” “TAMI TAYLOR!”) and pass out on the spot. There is a fanaticism about the show that is rare even by Beloved Cult TV standards.

It’s been 10 years since the series premiered, in 2006, and select members from the cast—Minka Kelly (Lyla Garrity), Taylor Kitsch (Tim Riggins), Aimee Teegarden (Julie Taylor), and Zach Gilford (Matt Saracen)—convened in Chicago over the weekend to mark the occasion. They did not, sadly, all drive pickup trucks to some abandoned field, drinking beer cans and staring at the horizon, all the while appearing American Eagle–catalogue gorgeous. No, the group came together—in an effort facilitated by Marriott Rewards—to compete in a grueling Spartan Race, which required advance training involving spear-throwing, rope-climbing, monkey-bar-conquering, and other components.

Kitsch told me on the phone, about a week before the race, that he was looking forward to re-uniting with his castmates. “It feels forever ago [since the show started], no doubt,” he said. “I mean, I still live in Austin, and Chan still lives in Austin, and I still see him when we can make it work, but it definitely feels like a long time ago… . I haven’t seen Minka or Zach or Aimee for … five years, four years.” (Yes, this was disappointing for us to learn, as well, as we always imagined the Friday Night Lights cast had some super-active group text going for years, and gathered for a monthly margaritas-and-grilling party at Kyle Chandler’s house. Some solace: Kitsch apparently refers to Chandler as “Chan.”)

Kelly, on the other hand, whom I spoke to on the morning of the race, said it doesn’t feel to her that it’s been a decade since the show premiered (“The only real difference that I can feel is that Aimee Teegarden [who was 16 when the show started] is … a woman now! Looking at her, I’m like, ‘So grown up!’”). Kelly explained, “It’s not like we are texting each other all the time, but we certainly check in with each other every so often, and we’re like a little family. It’s not hard to hear about what’s going on with any of them.”

In this age of the revival—The X-Files, Full House, and Gilmore Girls have all recently seen their worlds revisited—Friday Night Lights would seem a slam-dunk campaign. But the duo—who both talk about the show in the reverent, joyous way that you or your friends might talk about your favorite teacher in high school—both said, to awkwardly slide a football metaphor in here, that they believe the clock has run out. “I’ll never play Riggins again,” Kitsch said, flatly. “I don’t know. I don’t see any reason to relive it; leave the memories where they’re at . . . they’re so great, you know?” Kelly has a similar perspective: “I think some things are better left [with people] wanting more.”

But just because they aren’t sure there should be more Friday Night Lights, it does not mean they have left their characters, spiritually, behind. I asked both where they think their characters would be now, five years since we left them, after the series finale in 2011. Kitsch did not hesitate: “Obviously, [Riggins would] have an ice-cold beer in his hand.” When pressed further about his character, who was last seen having acquired a new piece of property, Kitsch said, “I see him still in that property, you know? He’d probably have a little family going. He’s a simple [guy]. I think he’d have, hopefully, a simple life.” And would he be with Tyra, his character’s sometimes love interest (played by Adrianne Palicki)? “I think that would be pretty cool. It’d be hilarious to have little Riggins-and-Tyra kids. God, they would be great.”

Kelly said she hopes to find future roles that make clear she is not Lyla in real life: “I couldn’t be more different from Lyla… . I really look forward to opportunities of showing how different I am from her, how much stronger I am than her,” she said, citing Richard Linklater, Wes Anderson, and Reed Morano as directors she would love to work with. Kelly said that her Friday Night Lights character probably ended up staying in Nashville after attending Vanderbilt University, which is how we left Lyla. “Maybe she’s running Vanderbilt … ,” Kelly muses. When I ask if she thinks Riggins and Lyla—who dated Tim on and off—are over for good, she suggests that “maybe [Riggins] is with Tyra now.” But when I tell her that I always liked Riggins and Lyla as a pair, she reconsiders. “I think he’s probably the love of her life. I don’t know, maybe they do end up back together, maybe he gets his **** together, and they work things out… . And he runs the football division at Vanderbilt!”
Taylor Kitsch and Minka Kelly Reflect on Where Their “Friday Night Lights” Characters Would Be Now | Vanity Fair

Old 06-19-2016, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Who is Taylor Kitsch dating? Taylor Kitsch girlfriend, wife

This totally reliable site says that Taylor is Jewish. Is that right? And who is Jessica White?
Old 06-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

double post
Old 06-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't think Taylor is Jewish, but I don't know that he's ever spoken about his religion.

I think it's just a site that updates based on rumors. Jessica White was the girl that Taylor did this GQ photoshoot with on the beach...I've never even seen the rumors that they were together I feel like the rumors were started based completely on them doing that shoot together.

Taylor was rumored to be with Jessica Simpson for two seconds but his people denied that really quick, the only time I've ever seen them deny anything relating to his love life. The only other rumored girlfriend was when he was in Australia shooting X-Men, her name was Laura Csortan, former Miss Australia. But that was short lived too.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt!
Old 06-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

No problem! We ran through that last news thread fast.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

TFTNT!
I've been in Internet hell the past few days... I think I'm changing companies at the end of the week.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh no! I was wondering where you'd been.

Definitely glad we do this together, it's much easier as a tag team
Old 06-21-2016, 12:30 PM
New Fan

Girlfriend pointed this out to me

Today’s Blind Items – The Sneaky Sneaky Busted By Social Media – CRAZY DAYS AND NIGHTS

Thoughts!
Old 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantetagrum (View Post)
I had to read that 3 times to figure out who was who. I think they are referring to the picture that someone posted of Taylor claiming that Minka took the picture, but that was way before the Spartan Race. I call "BS." What's everyone else's take? Especially since Taylor appeared to want nothing to do with her at the Spartan Race -Which I get that I was not there, nor do I know these people, but I felt like he was giving her the stink eye. lol Although... the person who posted the picture did swiftly take it down.

Last edited by elherts; 06-21-2016 at 02:37 PM
Old 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I thought everything fit except Minka being a celebrity off spring but then it occurred to me that her dad was a musician which I suppose fits.

But otherwise that most definitely is implying it is Taylor/Rachel/Minka related, that twitter post with the fan calling out Minka for taking that picture of them with Taylor is a clear indication of that. Whether or not it's true...I mean we all kind of agreed that we were over analyzing how he was acting with Minka at the Spartan Race but if he was really out with her prior to the race that kind of puts a wrinkle in our analysis.

Regardless, I'm sure Taylor is thrilled that not only is his rumored relationship with Rachel still being talked about a year after the rumor started but now they're adding in his ex into the mix.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A look back at the best FNL episodes, with some insight from Taylor which I've bolded.

Quote:
Friday Night Lights, 10 Years Later: The Stand-Out Episodes

It has been 10 years since Pete Berg’s pilot for Friday Night Lights first hit the air and five years since its final bow, but like the ups-and-downs of the small town football team, the show perseveres in the hearts and minds of a huge fan base. The same goes with the bond between the actors. Though they have stayed in touch over text and email, for the first time since filming the last episode a group including Taylor Kitsch, Zach Gilford, Minka Kelly and Aimee Teegarden teamed up together to run a recent Spartan Race with the Marriott Rewards team. “I haven’t seen the rest of the cast in five years, but the relationships that we made on the show are life long,” says Kitsch, who portrayed line-pushing fullback Tim Riggins. “I remember Kyle Chandler taking me aside and making sure I realized how special it was. ‘We’re very lucky to be here and a part of this,’ he would say.” The advice stuck, and the cast still remembers those days fondly. So, since those movie rumors have been put to rest (“It’s just not going to happen,” says Kitsch), we looked back at some of the best moments, and got some insight from a few of the alum.

Pilot: Season 1, Episode 1

“Shooting that pilot is one of those experiences that I’ll never forget,” says Kitsch. “When it was done Pete brought a bunch of us to his house to watch it.” Perhaps one of the most gripping pilots in history, it set a solid foundation for the dramatic seasons that were do follow. The audience was left breathless when Jason Street, played by Scott Porter, is laid out with a traumatic injury on the field, requiring buzz saws to cut him out of his helmet. Everything culminates in the first of many inspired speeches by Kyle Chandler’s Coach Taylor, fiercely delivering the line: “We will all fall.” Second-string quarterback Matt Saracen, played by Gilford, comes in to help the team soldier on to victory.

Wind Sprints: Season 1, Episode 3

Coach Taylor’s methods for breaking down his overly boastful team are somewhat predictable, but effective. These methods include verbal abuse and caravanning the crew out to an isolated field where they are forced to run brutal wind sprints uphill during a fierce rainstorm. “That man knows how to inspire a group,” says Gilford. The Dillon Panthers finally show their true colors when star running back Smash Williams inspires them to start chanting their now iconic motto: “Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.”

Homecoming: Season 1, Episode 7

Jason Street’s return to the field as honorary captain of the Panthers was as touching as moments come. Relegated to a wheelchair after the injury, and without full use of his hands yet, the crowd gives him a hero’s welcome as he bursts through the team’s banner. His best friend Riggins helps him around the stadium before stepping up to help their team to victory, and then in an ultimate gesture of respect gives him the game-day ball. “I love you like a brother. Like a brother, Six,” he says.

May the Best Man Win: Season 2, Episode 15

Nothing was potentially more devastating than the thought of Smash Johnson losing his dream college scholarship due to a reprehensible race-related fight in a movie theater. Especially after he has voiced his concerns about being his family’s “meal ticket”. So when Coach Taylor helps orchestrate an unexpected offer comes in from another school, from a coach who has admired his career since the start there is an incredible sense of fulfillment, and the moment hits home when he delivers the good news to his adoring mother: “I’m going to college, Momma.” Coach has a less shining moment when he nearly gets into fisticuffs with Tami’s ex, played by series creator Pete Berg.

New York, New York: Season 3, Episode 8

From the beginning, one of the foundations of the show was the friendship between Tim Riggins and Jason Street, which is what made it so devastating when Street announces that he wants to move to New York City to be with his son and girlfriend. “Why would you want to leave Texas?” asks Riggins incredulously. It’s a sentiment that the actor who plays him agrees with; Kitsch still lives in Austin despite the calls from Hollywood. But being the true wingman that he is, Riggins tags along to the Big Apple and helps him get a job as a sports agent.

Underdogs: Season 3, Episode 12

Just as they’re heading into the State Championship, Coach Taylor’s team is falling apart due to drama with the family of freshman star quarterback J.D. McCoy. Eventually he comes to his senses, benches McCoy and sends out Saracen who almost leads the Panthers to an incredible comeback. Despite a tremendous effort they still lose. “The only time that Matt really got to be quarterback is when there was nobody else around to step up!” remembers Gilford, laughing. Kitsch remembers the episode fondly, especially his last moment on that field. “When he runs out on the field with his arm in the sling was especially moving for me to play,” he says.

Thanksgiving: Season 4, Episode 13

Even with all of his “bad boy“ posturing Tim Riggins knew how to come through for a loved one, especially his brother Billy when he volunteers to take the fall after local police find about an illegal chop shop operation they’re running out of their garage. “I’m still best friends with Derek Phillips who played Billy Riggins,” says Kitsch. “We really had a great time on the show, especially when we got to work together. We didn’t really need a script because we could just talk and come up with something great.” Season Four was a standout for the Riggins brothers, and also shows that you don’t have to act right all the time to be a good guy, just when it counts.

Kingdom: Season 5, Episode 5

There are few better sports moment than when a team finally comes together in this episode. Almost as satisfying as it is for Coach Taylor who secretly listens in on their balcony shenanigans go down from his own room. Michael B. Jordan expertly plays Vince Howard, whose talents are finally fully utilized to win the game. Encouraged by the victory, Coach lets the crew know they are on the right path: "We're getting there. Slowly but surely, we're getting there."

Always: Season 5, Episode 13

Ending a series filled with emotional impact and poignant writing is no easy task, but when it came to the finale Berg and the FNL writers did not drop the ball. One of the most endearing aspects of the series was always the relationship between Coach Taylor and wife Tami, played earnestly by Connie Britton, and their enduring love is showcased during his move to a new team. Tim Riggins sets the foundation for a new beginning himself, building a new house with his brother by his side. Saracen asks Coach for his daughter’s hand in marriage. “I always wished I had more scenes with Chandler,” says Gilford. Before their final goodbye, Howard has a special moment with Coach that resonates for us all: “You changed my life, Coach.”
Friday Night Lights, 10 Years Later - Best Episodes - Men's Journal
Old 06-21-2016, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Not to fan the fires of speculation, however, I did read something the other day that Rachel and Taylor broke up recently. So it all fits in the timeline...
Old 06-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah there is speculation that they're broken up, she was with some other guy at a wedding. The timing of this blind is interesting, if they did break up (if they were together) the timing of the Minka reunion in relation to all of this is kind of interesting too. I know he hates stuff like this, luckily it's not a huge story, hopefully it stays that way.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread