Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 01:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
No worries. My power was out anyway. My fan started going at about 4 in the morning alerting me the power was back on so then I had to go around the house and turn off lights, etc. Then I was just awake...so I'm sure I'll be dead tired tonight.

Sorry you had such a weird day! It happens though. What movie did you see?
Sorry, I just saw your question. So, speaking of Michael Keaton, I saw Spider-Man: Homecomng that night. I thought it was lots of fun! Everyone was appealing, and Michael wasn't the generic comic book villain. He played an average working guy who gets screwed by the system so he decides to start breaking the law to make money. Anyway, I'm sick of superhero movies too so I pleasantly surprised at how much fun I had.

Does anyone know if Marcus is still in Houston helping out? I was just curious. I know he's not there for publicity but I'd think he'd get media attention anyway, being who he is.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I might have to see it, just hearing such good things about it.

I think Marcus lives there so it's an ongoing thing. I haven't checked in but I mean, Taylor did mention that he and some SEALs were in Houston helping out. I think he's partnered with a few different charities to help out, probably has the Lone Survivor Foundation raising money too.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)

Does anyone know if Marcus is still in Houston helping out? I was just curious. I know he's not there for publicity but I'd think he'd get media attention anyway, being who he is.
He and Melanie and some friends are helping this sweet 99 yr old WWII vet. His home, of 50 yrs, flooded and he lost everything! Melanie asked him what he wanted to recover most and he said papers from his deceased wife. He just lost her a yr ago. Y'all. ALL THE FEELS for this one! He will be 100 on November 13th and Marcus and Mel have vowed to get him back into his home by his birthday!

Baby Spawn's meltdowns are over missing his Dada. We're talking to the therapist about it today. There has to be a better way for our nighttime routine to run smoothly. To be honest, at this point, I'm not sure if it's truly organic feelings each night or a bit of emotional manipulation. Hope to get to the root of it today.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the info on Marcus. I didn't realize they lived in Houston.

I hope therapy went well. Hugs to you and the little one.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's super sweet that Marcus and Melanie are doing that. I know they had their own stuff on their property to deal with but I expect nothing less of them to reach out to help in the community.

Sorry about the little one. That has to be tough, especially if you suspect there is some emotional manipulation there, you know it has to be truly rooted in the overall grieving but who knows. I'm not a psychologist, my one child development psych class in college doesn't give me any qualifications. I'm glad he's talking about it though.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Thanks for the info on Marcus. I didn't realize they lived in Houston.

I hope therapy went well. Hugs to you and the little one.
They live a bit south of Houston.

I think this week went okay. He's agreed that his demands were unreasonable and promised to be in bed by bedtime each night. We shall see...
Old 09-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Baby Spawn's meltdowns are over missing his Dada. We're talking to the therapist about it today. There has to be a better way for our nighttime routine to run smoothly. To be honest, at this point, I'm not sure if it's truly organic feelings each night or a bit of emotional manipulation. Hope to get to the root of it today.
Poor baby. I think about your kids a lot. Being a teacher and child advocate, some things just tug at my heart strings. And I think you are so right about the emotional manipulation, but behind that is a reason for it. You're a great mama for being on top of it. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Poor baby. I think about your kids a lot. Being a teacher and child advocate, some things just tug at my heart strings. And I think you are so right about the emotional manipulation, but behind that is a reason for it. You're a great mama for being on top of it. Good luck.
Thank you! He's not going to want to go to bed tonight. The Cowboy game is starting NOW. I may give him 30 extra minutes. It's just so hard to get him up in the mornings!
Old 09-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Double post.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor talks about his friendship with Marcus and other SEALs.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Is the rewatch still on?
Old 10-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm here. Ready to rewatch, well after I find it on my computer. I think Kayla said she'd jump in when she gets home.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So the version on my computer has no sound, go figure, let me go grab the DVD real quick, I'll catch up.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Addicted Fan

I hadn't started yet. Wanna wait and officially start at 9:45? Maybe Kayla and/or KiKi will be here by then.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sounds good. I can't play my DVD on my old computer anyway, it's a blu-ray and it won't play on it. I need to find another way to watch it. I haven't watched it since I got the new computer.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread