Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2020, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
It did seem odd that that network of all places dropped the trailer when they haven't announced their air dates yet. I can only guess they pulled it back because they want to do a succinct roll out Internationally and someone jumped the gun. Maybe with more air dates announced, I can only hope this week we might see something. I can only hope, because, honestly, as a marketing minor and someone who has watched promotional roll outs over Taylor's entire career, this one sucks.

So now I have posted the trailer out there and I feel like I should take it down. But nobody has asked me to yet. Taylor's makeup artist on Shadowplay followed me on instagram today and liked the trailer. I get a feeling they're as antsy to see it as we are.
Unless they ask you to take it down, I wouldn't. It's not like when the editing company posted it.

It seems as if he falls victim to poor marketing a lot.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A few of the producers shared the trailer on Facebook, which is now not available, because they shared the Canal + trailer that was up on youtube.

Viaplay is another streaming service it will be on and someone asked when it will be available on that platform and the twitter account said they didn't have a lockdown date yet either. Which is odd, because that was the first network that it was initially being touted as appearing on way back when they announced the series.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Mans has kind of slowed down his sharing of pictures on twitter regarding the series. I kind of thought maybe that was in anticipation of a trailer or something dropping this week so he could share that, but nadda.

Maybe next week with it leading up to its true world premiere at Canneseries.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:43 AM
Loyal Fan

So weird ... Taylor really does seem to fall victim to poor marketing because none of this seems/feels well thought out...
Old 10-02-2020, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
So weird ... Taylor really does seem to fall victim to poor marketing because none of this seems/feels well thought out...
Right? he works so hard, and it's out of his control how the project gets marketed.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Maybe with his new management company, he'll take on more responsibilities as a producer (although I'm not sure producers have much say in marketing either)...
Old 10-03-2020, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
Maybe with his new management company, he'll take on more responsibilities as a producer (although I'm not sure producers have much say in marketing either)...
I don't know. Isn't it more the company that is financing the project? Like John Carter was Disney?
Old 10-04-2020, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He has very little to do with the marketing, obviously. You make a project and hope for the best, but part is choosing projects that you know will generally have a good shot at release/distribution. His agent, who he just went with to his new agency, is the one that found him Shadowplay.

CANAL + put the trailer back up. Hoping this week leading up to the Canneseries premiere of it we'll get the trailer with a wider release. But that's just hoping, lot of hoping when it comes to this series.

Old 10-04-2020, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Shadowplay was an excellent choice! Let's hope we see more like projects.
Fingers crossed for more Shadowplay this week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He has very little to do with the marketing, obviously. You make a project and hope for the best, but part is choosing projects that you know will generally have a good shot at release/distribution. His agent, who he just went with to his new agency, is the one that found him Shadowplay.

CANAL + put the trailer back up. Hoping this week leading up to the Canneseries premiere of it we'll get the trailer with a wider release. But that's just hoping, lot of hoping when it comes to this series.

Old 10-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love him on TV, I think it's a great project and looks like a great series! The rollout is a bit odd...
Old 10-04-2020, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would love to see him find another TV series he can do from Austin.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I would love to see him find another TV series he can do from Austin.
That's doubtful but you never know ... I love him on tv too but it definitely requires a bigger time commitment ... not sure that he'd jump on it unless he absolutely loved it.

I REALLY want to know if his character survives into Season Two ... if the episodes don't leak at the end of this month, at the very least, I hope we'll find out more information about the ending of the last episode ... hopefully the shows will be reviewed or something and their might be a few tidbits we learn before we get to view it ourselves in the States. I know, I wish I was better at waiting ...
Old 10-04-2020, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think that Logan Marshall Green just signed on to a Netflix show, so I think it's probably safe to say he's out on the second chapter.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:39 AM
New Fan

He signed on to a Netflix movie named intrusion. Not a series, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he wasn’t in season 2. Seems like the anti hero that doesn’t get much more than a season arch.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh I thought it was a series. But, yeah, I think it's safe to say he probably won't be in the second chapter. Though right now I have no idea who is in the second chapter.

There was some indication from the producers that worked on the first chapter that they might start filming in early October. But that kind of came and went...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread