Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2017, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I think he'll definitely be staring in it, he mentions a few times "his character" but yeah, he had Jake in Austin with him too. I'm pretty sure he lives in LA. Maybe he's just there to be there and go to the after party.

Neil was there. I always wonder if he has other clients, other than Taylor. Jake seems like someone he would take on.
For some reason, I don't think he has other clients. Just Taylor.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So, how long until we actually find out who he cast...if they start filming in November you'd think we'd hear soon.

What are the chances he's casting Dylan? I mean probably not, but interesting that he mentions wanting to do something like that next. Still, I think he's too young.

Quote:
O’Brien had also spent time readying himself mentally for the return to set even before production began, visiting with a therapist two times a week. It was there that he realized the similarities he now shared with Mitch Rapp, a character struggling to contain his anger in the wake of a serious trauma.

But he’s also looking forward to doing something smaller — “finding the new generation of filmmakers and taking risks on guys who don’t have a 25-year résumé.” The idea of acting in a Marvel superhero film, he says, makes him shudder. “It just seems like too much,” he says. “I don’t think I’m a person who could handle being that face, that star who has to be on every talk show every year.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...913-story.html

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-13-2017 at 06:37 PM
Old 09-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Neil was there. I always wonder if he has other clients, other than Taylor. Jake seems like someone he would take on.
Is it wrong that I kind of think of Neil as Taylor's personal assistant??? Like Taylor said, "Come hang out with me, be my helper, and I will put you on the payroll. We can do everything together, it will be a blast." I feel a little guilty for thinking that.

Quote:
But he’s also looking forward to doing something smaller — “finding the new generation of filmmakers and taking risks on guys who don’t have a 25-year résumé.” The idea of acting in a Marvel superhero film, he says, makes him shudder. “It just seems like too much,” he says. “I don’t think I’m a person who could handle being that face, that star who has to be on every talk show every year.
This sounds like Taylor.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Neil has a masters degree in business, so I don't know if working with Taylor is all he does.

Dylan sounds so much like Taylor.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Addicted Fan

All the teen heartthrobs say that. Haha. I know Dylan went through a life-altering experience, but I think he'd be better off working with those guys who have 25-year resumes. He could learn a lot from them. I think that's where he and Taylor differ somewhat. Taylor wanted to do serious roles from the start, but it was clear he wanted to work with and learn from the guys he admired. He's very proud he got to work with Oliver Stone, for example, as well as Stanton, with him being so successful in animation before JC.

For some reason, I could see Taylor casting the guy who played his lover on TD. I can't recall his name.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Jonathan Groff? Yeah I don't really know what to expect. But I'm eager to see who he'll bring on board.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:59 PM
Addicted Fan

No, Woodrugh's secret lover. I had to look his name up again: Gabriel Luna. My mind flashed to him when Taylor said it was someone who was about to pop (or whatever the term was. Sorry, my mind is blanking.) Anyway, he seems to have won fans as Ghost Rider on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and he's done some indies. And he's from Austin.

But you're right, I hadn't thought of Groff. OH, there's also Finn Wittrock. He's great! Of course, it could be someone we've never heard of, or someone Taylor has never worked with. But he does seem to have ties to a lot of talented up-and-comers.

I for sure don't see him making a movie and not including Derek. They're so close, and unlike Neil he has real acting experience. It might not be a lead role, but at least a good cameo or supporting role.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That seems like someone he would work with, they're still in touch. I don't know. I feel like these guys might be in the Taylor/Peter Berg circle of friends/acting. But maybe not.

I think Derek will somehow be involved. I would love if he pulled in Connie or even Kyle for a cameo of some sort. But maybe he would feel like that would detract from the movie, just the attention it might get or fans would be taken out of the story because Coach T or Tami show up.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think Derek will somehow be involved. I would love if he pulled in Connie or even Kyle for a cameo of some sort. But maybe he would feel like that would detract from the movie, just the attention it might get or fans would be taken out of the story because Coach T or Tami show up.
Agreed. I would love to see him work with both of them again, just not all at the same time. That would be a little over the top.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This somehow seems too gritty for Connie. Not that she couldn't play gritty, but doesn't seem like her type of movie.
Derek would be good. Kyle can be gritty. He'd be a good choice.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would love to see Connie play someone really unhinged, I think she would blow it away.

But yeah, anyone that is from FNL would probably take you out of the movie, including Derek. But I still think Taylor would probably include him.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:09 AM
Addicted Fan

We were discussing this in another thread, but --

In a podcast I was listening to today, Chris Pine said they shot Hell or High Water in two weeks (six days each) after prepping for a month. So yeah, I guess Taylor could in fact shoot Pieces in that window after OTB and before Waco. I didn't realize film shoots were THAT short now!

I hope we get casting news soon.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Lower budget films usually film much faster, and if Taylor was talking about getting shots in two three takes then I could see it moving along pretty quickly.

But yes, I'm ready for casting news. Sometimes with indy movies though you won't hear casting news until they're actually filming. Like Grand Seduction, Taylor was spotted in New Foundland and we had no idea why he was there, only to have them announce like a week later that he was cast in the movie.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Lower budget films usually film much faster, and if Taylor was talking about getting shots in two three takes then I could see it moving along pretty quickly.

But yes, I'm ready for casting news. Sometimes with indy movies though you won't hear casting news until they're actually filming. Like Grand Seduction, Taylor was spotted in New Foundland and we had no idea why he was there, only to have them announce like a week later that he was cast in the movie.
I wonder if he'll go all "up and coming" or throw in some actors people know.

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 10-04-2017 at 08:16 AM
Old 10-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I forgot he said he likes just a couple takes. So you're right, if it all goes smoothly, it'll probably be a quick shoot anyway.

A fledgling filmmaker friend of mine used press releases to try to score attention for his movie. A couple of semi-known actors "attached" themselves to the project, and he sent out releases. But I'm sure the trades get tons of those things and trash them if they're not big names. Taylor's name on the project would get real articles about it I'm sure. But he's so stealthy, it doesn't feel like his style to do it or even OK the producers doing it.

He did say one of the actors is about to blow up, so we know at least one person in the cast is semi-known.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread