Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2017, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Any event with Taylor is a bunch of people vying for his attention. I think there was a reason he didn't mingle at the last one and I'm hoping that reason won't be an issue this time.
You would think people would be well behaved at a charity event...
Old 08-31-2017, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I finally get to see this damn thing a week from today! I'm excited. My brother is coming with me, but I almost want to go alone. I know it's ridiculous but I'll be totally nervous the first time I see it. All this build up and then to finally see it and what exactly his performance is like makes me nervous.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

B-role, some Taylor in here. Cute Dylan/Taylor hug at the end.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-01-2017 at 07:40 AM
Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He looks so good in the first interview.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Am I the only one that gets the impression that he's a bit bored by talking about AA. I mean I know he hates press, but he's so used to doing projects that have heart or his heart is in and it seemed like this was a fun little escape for him. But he just seems bored. Maybe it's the fact that he can't speak a ton about his character without spoiling him but he just seems to be repeating himself over and over again. I know he'll have more in depth and thoughtful answers for OTB and Waco, then again maybe there's just not a lot in depth to talk about with AA.

That had to be when they first filmed. You can tell in the very end of the behind the scenes clip with Dylan, he looks pretty thin, I'd guess it's from the shoot they did post Waco.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-01-2017 at 10:01 AM
Old 09-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He doesn't seem quite as passionate about this project. I can't wait to hear him talk about Waco!
Old 09-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

No he doesn't...but oh well, two more projects to come.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Re: the b-roll footage: Ghost has a name! Doesn't Stan call him Ryan at 1:39?

Hmm, he seems pretty passionate about the movie to me. I think he's probably just not in it that much, so beyond the torture scene, training with Yost, and Ghost's motivation, he doesn't really have much to talk about.

That Forbes link wouldn't work for me. But the current box office is tanking across the board. They're expecting this weekend's box office to be one of the worst since after 9/11 and one of the worst Labor Day weekends in 20-30 years! A lot of it I think is because there isn't much mainstream stuff out there. So maybe AA will do better than the early forecasts if only because people don't have many other options.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 09-02-2017 at 02:31 AM
Old 09-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

In Michael's stand alone interview when he talks about Ghost he calls him Ryan...so yeah, that must be his real name.

IT is going to kill the box office for a few weeks I fear. But maybe it will also get peoples butts back at the movies. I see a lot of TV spots for Mother which is out the same weekend as AA.

Here's the entire article:

Quote:
Box Office: How 'The Hitman's Bodyguard' Success Helps 'American Assassin

The Hitman’s Bodyguard will enter its third weekend with over/under $45 million, where it will likely be the lowest-grossing movie to top the box office since… uh, let me get back to you on that one. The film’s run has been both a prime lesson in why rank often doesn’t matter, as it was only the top film for its first three weeks because it opened right before a glorified blackout period.

But it is also a rare case of a major studio release doing well despite being rooted entirely in star power and a high concept and getting mostly negative reviews. The Ryan Reynolds/Samuel L. Jackson action comedy should be at around $53 million by Labor Day, which is great news for the $30m Lionsgate release which already covered much of its budget via foreign pre-sales. But will it help out American Assassin?

For those unaware, American Assassin is an old-school, R-rated action thriller about a young man groomed to by the CIA to be a, well, what’s that title again? The Michael Cuesta-directed actioner is based on Vince Flynn’s novel. It stars Dylan O’Brien (who is excellent in Fox's Maze Runner movies), Taylor Kitsch (who has, through little fault of his own, personified the endless second chances for a handsome white male actor anointed as the next big thing) and Michael Keaton (a beloved actor but not a major box office force) along with the likes of Scott Adkins (presumably as a man of peace who dares not raise a finger in violence), Sanaa Lathan, Shiva Negar and David Suchet.

It looks like just the sort of pulpy, gritty, potentially “problematic” R-rated Millennium release that makes around $10 in North America only to snag enough of a coup in China to justify itself over the long run. Except it’s not a Millennium release (I know, I’m shocked too), as the picture comes courtesy of Lorenzo di Bonaventura and will be a joint Lionsgate/CBS Films release. What caught my attention, beyond the fact that it looks like a trashy good time, is that it’s currently tracking at over/under $15m for its Sept. 15 opening weekend.

Now, a lot can change in the next two weeks, but the numbers have shot up a bit over the last week or so. And I would argue that it’s partially/primarily because a ton of demo-friendly folks caught the trailer before The Hitman’s Bodyguard. It’s no secret that I’ve long believed that one of the best marketing tools a movie can have is a solid trailer attached to a big hit that plays to similar demographics.

Lights Out scored last summer thanks partially to a trailer attached to The Conjuring 2 and ditto with Get Out being helped by Split. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief snagged a $32 million debut weekend in early 2010 thanks to its teaser playing with every showing of Avatar. And Walt Disney hit pay dirt with a great second trailer for Zootopia attacked to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as did Universal/Comcast Corp. with that great second trailer for Sing attached to The Secret Life of Pets.

You get the idea, but there’s a reason Universal attached the Straight Outta Compton trailer to Fate of the Furious while holding off on the second Jurassic World teaser. I was doubly impressed by Annabelle: Creation precisely because most of the last handful of horror movies didn’t quite click, although Dunkirk was probably “adult” enough to offer the trailer for said R-rated horror movie.

And it doesn’t have to be the same studio, as most Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 prints had a Wonder Woman trailer playing accordingly. Yes, social media and TV spot dumps and billboards and all that stuff matters. But sometimes the best marketing is having the right movie to highlight your snazzy trailer.

Three years ago, Paramount/Viacom Inc. ran a relatively low-key campaign for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but they released the two trailers to play with (respectively) Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Transformers: Age of Extinction, which were two of the year’s bigger hits and filled with primed would-be moviegoers. Cue a $65 million debut weekend and a $191m domestic run to run out the summer clock.

Since we don’t get that many movies like The Hitman’s Bodyguard or American Assassin, that the former is arguably overperforming is a bonus and a big boost to the latter. Now none of this is set in stone. We won’t get reviews until closer to the release date, and obviously, Michael Keaton isn’t Samuel L. Jackson in terms of “put butts in the seat” star power (White Noise was a long time ago and I know none of you monsters saw Multiplicity in theaters).

Moreover, Hitman’s Bodyguard was sold as a romp and (most importantly) American Assassin is budgeted in a way that even an $11 million debut would probably be okay. But I am surprised to see the film tracking relatively well, and I must assume that The Hitman’s Bodyguard’s breakout success is only going to help Lionsgate’s next old-school programmer. And you can bet every upcoming horror movie for the next few months is rooting for It to make a fortune next weekend.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for posting that. I hope this person's right. I for one have always loved getting to the movie early or in time for trailers. But I'm an old-school movie nerd. Haha. Do people pay attention to trailers much anymore?

And I hope it's the second, awesome trailer that's playing and not the third one that gives everything away!

I saw a commercial last night. Though Taylor wasn't in it, it still makes the movie look pretty good with Dylan and Michael.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They aired a spot for it last night during the Alabama/FSU game which was the biggest college football primtetime game of the weekend. I only know because I saw mentions of "Tim Riggins" so Taylor must have been in the trailer they aired last night. At least they know their football market.

I love trailers too, I always like to get there to make sure I'm there in time for trailers.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yay! Get that target audience!

Quote:
They aired a spot for it last night during the Alabama/FSU game which was the biggest college football primtetime game of the weekend. I only know because I saw mentions of "Tim Riggins" so Taylor must have been in the trailer they aired last night. At least they know their football market.

I love trailers too, I always like to get there to make sure I'm there in time for trailers.
If you aren't there for the trailers, you're late!
Old 09-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Am I the only one that gets the impression that he's a bit bored by talking about AA. I mean I know he hates press, but he's so used to doing projects that have heart or his heart is in and it seemed like this was a fun little escape for him. But he just seems bored. Maybe it's the fact that he can't speak a ton about his character without spoiling him but he just seems to be repeating himself over and over again. I know he'll have more in depth and thoughtful answers for OTB and Waco, then again maybe there's just not a lot in depth to talk about with AA.
I think he just is probably tired of saying the same thing over and over again, plus he's only in 30% of the movie, so he probably doesn't have THAT much to say. I remember after the first trailer we were all wondering WHY he took this role? Something had to have attracted him to the characters so I am glad that he addresses that.

"Whatnot!" That's a saying he hasn't outgrown. I remember hearing him say that several times at Paleyfest after FNL season 1. It's so cute.

I love seeing the live filming. Besides talk shows/game shows, I don't think I've ever been on a live set. What do you think Taylor said during the hug?

It's so funny to listen to this without hearing the questions. Did he film OTB before AA? I can't remember.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, OTB was shot last summer and AA was fall. And I couldn't get what he said during the hug either.

I forgot to mention how hot he looks in that snippet where he's shirtless.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Yeah, OTB was shot last summer and AA was fall. And I couldn't get what he said during the hug either.

I forgot to mention how hot he looks in that snippet where he's shirtless.
He has Dylan beat for sure.