Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow...or they're waiting until I leave work, because that's how it always works.

The movie will be scored by Oscar winner Steven Price:

Old 06-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They know we are waiting...
Old 06-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Don't make me go to the movies Friday! Though I wouldn't mind seeing All Eyez on Me, if I'm going to go and see a movie this weekend I'd rather see Rough Night which is basically being called the female version of Peter Berg's 'Very Bad Things'
Old 06-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Does that mean today...or...waiting patiently. I mean I have no problem taking some time off work tomorrow morning and slipping into an All Eyez on Me showing to record the trailer. I'm not even ashamed to say it. Actually it airs at a theater at 7 tonight near me....

Last edited by worthyoflove; 06-15-2017 at 11:29 AM
Old 06-15-2017, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Did you go?
Old 06-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ha, I contemplated but then I thought I'd be pissed if it wasn't airing in that theater and I'd be even more pissed if Taylor was another blip. So I'll wait.

It did occur to me this afternoon that maybe CBS Films is just hoping that some of the crazy Dylan fans will actually go see the movie or at least pay to see the movie just to see the trailer.

One of the girls that saw the screening of American Assassin was spilling more details about the movie today, or at least her feelings on the movie. Apparently she really trashed Shiva's character in the survey after the movie. She thought her character was useless.

And more release dates for the movie...

Old 06-15-2017, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Don't make me go to the movies Friday! Though I wouldn't mind seeing All Eyez on Me, if I'm going to go and see a movie this weekend I'd rather see Rough Night which is basically being called the female version of Peter Berg's 'Very Bad Things'
The guy who is playing Tupac looks EXACTLY like him. Kat Graham is in it.

I still haven't seen Wonder Woman.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:08 AM
Addicted Fan

I just got home from a midnight showing. It was the same, old teaser trailer. I was so disappointed, I didn't even want to stay for the film. Lol But I ended up really enjoying it. Agreed, the actor is the spitting image of the real Tupac. And Kat Graham plays Jada Pinkett-Smith. (Jada and Tupac were childhood best friends.) I didn't know Kat so I had to look her up just now. Her resemblance to the real Jada was uncanny. Well, it's more that she catches the real Jada's essence, so to speak. Of the people I'd heard of, pretty much everyone in the film looks exactly like the person they portrayed.

Anyway, so the wait for the new trailer continues.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ugh, that is so frustrating. And part of the reason I didn't go. So it seems like the site was not accurate, though I believe all the other trailers that they said would drop this week have. I wonder what the hold up is with American Assassin.

I did have to do a double take when I first saw the trailer for that movie for the same reason, I actually thought it was Tupac, like did they digitally insert him into the film, he looked just like him.

Back to waiting...
Old 06-16-2017, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The actor is Demetrius Shipp Jr. Looks like this is his first film.

AA marketing people suck. There. I said it.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah they've been too quiet for it to drop today, they made a big deal and a kind of formal "the teaser is coming" tweet for just the teaser, I can't imagine they wouldn't make equally as a big a deal about the actual trailer.

A Dylan fan is trying to argue with me on twitter that because the teaser was still airing last night doesn't mean that the Redband trailer wouldn't be airing today.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
The actor is Demetrius Shipp Jr. Looks like this is his first film.

AA marketing people suck. There. I said it.
Agreed. Lol I think they overshared at the start, which set our expectations high, and now they've just dropped the ball. To be fair, other than big franchise movies I can't imagine other fans so eager for a trailer than Taylor and Dylan's. But still, don't give us vague teasers on twitter and then not follow through.

That actor was very good. I didn't know it was his first film! The movie was far from perfect, though. Tupac was such a contradiction -- so incredibly talented, insightful, could recite Shakespeare off the cuff and wrote poetry, but then also ... well, his death says it all. I saw a headline that the real Jada is blasting the movie. I was sorry to hear that since I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I had low expectations going in, and then of course I was bummed about the trailer too. Lol
Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

what a tease.. i need to see the red band trailer now! i'm glad he finally got a name though, i love it!
Old 06-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I went to see Rough Night last night, but got there super early because there was an All Eyez on Me showing staring like a half hour before Rough Night was starting. They had the teaser trailer, I would say it was maybe extended, like it might have had a few different fight sequences in it but it was nothing noticeable, it certainly wasn't the redband trailer.

I see that people on twitter are claiming its in theaters but I'm not so sure about that. The tracking twitter seems confused too and said that two trailers for AA are due to air before The Big Sick this coming week, the regular green band trailer and the red band trailer.

I don't know if that means we'll see a new trailer this week, but I would guess at the latest they'd want it out before the 4th of July weekend.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:04 PM
Addicted Fan

The Big Sick is the only other Lionsgate film coming out for a while, so since All Eyez didn't have it, fingers crossed this one will. I learned my lesson, though ... fool me once and all that. Plus, I don't really have any interest in The Big Sick. It doesn't look bad, I just have no interest.

How was Rough Night? I love Kate McKinnon, and I like the rest of the cast, but the clips I've seen have been kind of ... not funny.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread