Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Friday Night Lights OT Thread #8: Because Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

The all encompassing Friday Night Lights thread to discuss any and all actors from the show and just the show in general because even though it's been 10-years since it premiered it remains one of the most beloved shows out there. And even we sometimes have to admit the show was about more than just Tim Riggins.

"Inspired by the legendary Buzz Bissinger book Friday Night Lights: A Town, a Team, and a Dream, and the 2004 Peter Berg movie based on it, FNL told the story of a high school football coach from Dillon, Texas, whose improbable victories mirrored those of the critically beloved — but disastrously rated — show itself. In an era when sports television was supposedly at its nadir, when elite storytelling was supposedly only the work of prestige outlets like HBO and AMC, Friday Night Lights emerged as the quintessential show about American spirit and uplift at a time when the moral and economic bedrock of our Country seemed most in doubt.

Gone too soon. Appreciated too little. Treasured by those who followed it. That was Friday Night Lights." -Grantland

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Couldn't Lose - An Oral History of Friday Night Lights

Old 05-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread...the ridiculous new FNL movie discussion continues:
Quote:
A new ‘Friday Night Lights’ film is on the way. Here’s our dream cast

This list will SHOCK you. Maybe.

A new Friday Night Lights film is on the way, and it will have absolutely nothing to do with the Billy Bob Thornton movie from 2004 or the super successful TV series with Coach Taylor. Booooooo!

Anyway, according to Variety, David Gordon Green, the director from Pineapple Express and Stronger, is in final negotiations to direct the new film. The new movie will still be based on the H.G. Bissinger book that brought the TV series to life, but with a whole other cast. They considered making a sequel to either the show and movie, but ultimately decided to pursue a new story.

That sucks, but it’s OK!

We here at SB Nation have an idea for what the new characters should look like, and who should play them.

Coach Taylor
He should be the football coach, played by Kyle Chandler.

Tami Taylor
She should be the high school guidance counselor that marries Coach Taylor, played by Connie Britton. Together they have zero children.

Matt Saracen
He should be a shy, awkward starting quarterback who has always had that job, played by Zach Gilford. He has no girlfriend and his grandma is alive and well.

Tim Riggins
He should be the hot-headed muscle guy that girls like a lot, played by Taylor Kitsch. He has no problem dating Lyla Garrity because she has no other boyfriend. He also does not have a brother. He also does not drink alcohol.

Lyla Garrity
She should be a really nice cheerleader, played by Minka Kelly. Her father is away on business for the entirety of the film.

Landry Clarke
The awkward best friend of Matt Saracen, played by Jesse Plemons.

Tyra Collette
A troubled popular girl who finds her way, marrying Landry, played by Adrianne Palicki.

Smash Williams
The star running back who has a successful NFL career, played by Gaius Charles.

Vince Howard
The kid who has life turned around in a good way by football, played by Michael B. Jordan.

That’s it. Those are all the characters.
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/5/10/1...hts-movie-cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
This is hysterical. Haha. Speaking of the Hans Solo movie -that guy is adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
So I found a video where Taylor's asked about an FNL reunion on the Derby red carpet and he says never, but then kind of backtracks and says well maybe a reunion but we'll never "roll together" again. I don't know if that means he'll never film with them together again. He's confusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I think he meant he will never reprise his roll of Tim Riggins, but maybe they would do like a reunion special or something. Maybe that was a hint.
Probably, I don't think he'd ever say no to getting together for some type of interview special or retrospective special with Pete, Kyle, Connie, etc. I know he doesn't want to revisit the role but he's never shied away from Riggins being a huge spring board for his career and as he's said, his life.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Tftnt!
Old 05-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

No problem. We have a baby name, I don't hate it.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There’s a town in Texas called Ennis.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Awww, congrats to them! I like the name!
Old 05-13-2018, 05:24 AM
Loyal Fan

It's ok, not the worst.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Bill Cosby's son was named Ennis.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's a town in Kentucky too and Montana and a city in Ireland. Also the name of Heath's character in Brokeback.

But I do wonder if it's a subtle nod to how they met, filming Fargo, in season 3 there's a character named Ennis.

It could have been worse, it's an old fashion name.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Loyal Fan

It could have been worse, it's an old fashion name.[/QUOTE]

I've not really heard the name before. I do like old fashioned names though. My daughters both have old lady names
Old 05-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I saw the top baby names of 2017 list recently and saw Evelyn pop up on there. That was on my baby list for awhile and I had a friend call it an old lady name.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I saw the top baby names of 2017 list recently and saw Evelyn pop up on there. That was on my baby list for awhile and I had a friend call it an old lady name.
Ha ha! My daughters are Elsie and Connie. I hadn't really heard of any children called either name when I named them, but both seem to have got a little more popular since. Maybe I'm a trendsetter. Ha ha!
Old 05-13-2018, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The yr my daughter was born there were less than 500 of her name that entire year. Go me!!!

I had an uncle named Enis... rhymes with penis. So, yes.. it can always be worse! My grandma was Fannie Ione, we always said be glad she wasn’t Ione (i own) Fannie. She didn’t think we were as funny as we did.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a very German, very old middle name that has passed through quite a few generations for any boys born in my family. I might have to be the one to just say no to Gerhard. Another family name that I'm bummed has become so popular all of a sudden is Hudson, that was my great-grandfather's name.

A few of the FNL alum wishing happy mother's day. Minka looks so much like her mother.

Quote:
minkakellyI wasted so much of my life wishing my mother were something and someone she wasn’t.
I wanted her to be like everyone else’s moms.
I wanted her to be “normal”.
Whatever that means.
I blamed her for a lot of things for a long time.
It was a little too late when I realized that if I’m gonna blame her for the bad,
I also have to blame her for the good.
And when I blame her for the good,
I’m able to heal.
If she were the mother I wanted her to be,
I wouldn’t be me.
I wish I had had the tools to know then what I know now.
There is solace in knowing that she is with me now in a deeper and more profound way than she ever could have been in her physical form.
She knows how I feel and how much I love her.
And she’s proud not just of me, but of herself.
Love your mommas.
Love them hard.
They’re doing the best they can with what they have.
Happy Mother’s Day ❤️
#IsItWeirdThatiMissHerTeeth

Quote:
conniebritton To be his mother and learn all the lessons he is here to teach me is the most precious. I am so grateful. I know my own mother would have loved him so much. I honor her today, and all mothers everywhere, with love, compassion and admiration. Happy Mother’s Day!

Also Connie gave the commencement speech at USC this past weekend.

Derek is in the newest season of Shooter.

Old 05-14-2018, 02:11 AM
Addicted Fan

I came to post Minka's IG post too. You beat me. I thought it was so honest and emotional. Her mom was so pretty. I agree, Minka looks so much like her!

Michael (and Michael!) in Cannes.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 05-14-2018 at 02:22 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread