Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's got to be really weird to be in a show that wasn't hugely popular when it was airing, but then have it gain a whole new following six years after it when off the air. It's like Groundhog Day, he can't escape it
Old 06-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think he's going to be a fantastic bad guy! I am so excited!
Old 06-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Addicted Fan

He was always going to have a harder time breaking from FNL than the other actors. The only character that might top Riggins on the "iconic" scale is Coach, but Kyle was already a TV star with varied roles under his belt. Even the other younger actors, like Adrianne and Gaius and Jesse, are seen simply as actors who played beloved characters. But to most people, Taylor was and still IS Riggins. And always will be, until he puts more space between him and FNL.

If 2012 had been successful, especially John Carter and Savages -- two roles immensely different from both Riggins and each other -- he'd be in a better position to agree to a reunion. But as it stands, the last thing he probably wants to do is more FNL. That would be a step backwards for him. He's 36 and still known primarily for playing a drunken 17-year-old.

Professionally, that must be frustrating for someone still seeking to establish himself in serious, gritty projects. And on a personal level, it must be annoying as hell.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think the big three, Taylor, Connie and Kyle are most closely identified still with their characters. But you're right, Kyle has a long history of successful or at least recognizable roles prior to Coach T, though that really put him on the "A list" radar. Connie is almost always still compared to Tami, even after she played her character on Nashville longer she's still Tami Taylor.

I think if it was a cameo or a short mini series he MIGHT do it and that would only be if Kyle and Connie were in. But I can't help but agree and think it wouldn't be the best career move. I selfishly absolutely want to see it, but if he still is trying to shake that Riggins comparison it's not going to help to go back to it.

But then again we were so shocked he did something like The Spartan Race, so maybe he'd surprise us.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Addicted Fan

This is very true. He does have a way of always surprising us.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
There are some great films on that list! I agree with their Nos. 1 and 2 (The Untouchables and Wrath of Khan), and glad they gave a shout-out to Serenity! But Charlie's Angels and Starsky and Hutch were awful.
Haha. I loved Starsky and Hutch. Some funny **** in there. But I don't think it did well.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, come to think of it, I do remember some joke involving a horse at Vince's daughter's birthday party that I thought was HYSTERICAL! But I think it was one of those jokes that are in bad taste and you feel guilty about laughing at them. Like the kid in the wheelchair getting hit in the head with a basketball in Daddy's Home. You laugh and then feel terrible.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Well, come to think of it, I do remember some joke involving a horse at Vince's daughter's birthday party that I thought was HYSTERICAL! But I think it was one of those jokes that are in bad taste and you feel guilty about laughing at them. Like the kid in the wheelchair getting hit in the head with a basketball in Daddy's Home. You laugh and then feel terrible.
I didn't like Daddy's home and I never saw Starsky and Hutch.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

I LOVED Daddy's Home. I laughed soooo hard. Will Ferrell really just kills me; it's something about his delivery. Even when he's being beyond ridiculous, I crack up. Anchorman and Old School are hysterical, especially Old School. I must have seen it 50 times.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Addicted Fan

I saw Daddy's Home on a whim, and I laughed all the way through it! I've never seen Old School, though. And I didn't care for Anchorman, which is weird because I normally really like every person in that cast!

For some reason, my two favorite Will Ferrell movies are probably his two least successful: Land of the Lost and Semi-Pro. I can see why the former was a bomb, but the latter is brilliant '70s satire to me and I'm surprised it did so poorly. Even the music is hysterical to me. lol

Michael B. Jordan news: He just signed to a new movie. KiKi, you might find this one interesting:

Quote:
Director Ryan Coogler and actor Michael B. Jordan will reunite once again, after working together on Fruitvale Station, Creed and Black Panther.

Their fourth collaboration will be an adaptation of the New Yorker piece "Wrong Answer." Ta-Nehisi Coates will write the script based on Rachel Aviv's article. Her 2014 piece explored the standardized test cheating scandal at Atlanta Public Schools through the lens of one middle school.

Jordan will play math teacher Damany Lewis, who struggles under the pressure imposed on his students and school to meet unrealistic standardized testing scores as part of the No Child Left Behind project. In order to save their jobs and prevent their school from shutting down, he joined in an effort to cheat the scores. The scandal led to 11 teachers being convicted on racketeering charges.

Ryan Coogler, Michael B. Jordan Reuniting for 'Wrong Answer' for New Regency, Plan B | Hollywood Reporter
I thought both Fruitvale Station and Creed were great, so I'm looking forward to this. Plus, as someone who doesn't have kids, I've never really understood the No Child Left Behind Act. I know some people still defend it.

Michael is also in the teaser trailer (albeit briefly) for Marvel's Black Panther!

Old 06-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

I remember when that all went down. All I know about No Child Left Behind is that it was all based on standardized test scores. Teachers began teaching to the test and there was no authentic learning going on. And as a result the US has dropped drastically in academic worldwide rankings where countries like Finland who endorse play and discovery learning are #1.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I remember when that all went down. All I know about No Child Left Behind is that it was all based on standardized test scores. Teachers began teaching to the test and there was no authentic learning going on. And as a result the US has dropped drastically in academic worldwide rankings where countries like Finland who endorse play and discovery learning are #1.
Do not get me started on standardized tests and teaching to the test. It makes my blood boil!

I'm sure Michael B. will be great.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've never seen Semi-Pro, though I should it takes place in Flint, MI and a lot of it was filmed in an arena I was familiar with because it was actually a hockey arena that the team I worked for played in often. I've heard it's hilarious though.

I'm most excited about Michael B. Jordan's new project with Michael Shannon. I had no idea he was in Black Panther.

I wonder when Connie's new show starts filming.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I've never seen Semi-Pro, though I should it takes place in Flint, MI and a lot of it was filmed in an arena I was familiar with because it was actually a hockey arena that the team I worked for played in often. I've heard it's hilarious though.

I'm most excited about Michael B. Jordan's new project with Michael Shannon. I had no idea he was in Black Panther.

I wonder when Connie's new show starts filming.
What show?
Old 06-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She's in a new Netflix show with Kyle's brother from Bloodline. She signed on to it shortly after departing Nashville, but I haven't heard much about it since.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread