Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2017, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thanks for all the Game Night info! I'm excited to see Rachel, Jesse and Kyle together. I think it'll be hilarious.

I missed hearing and seeing Kyle, thanks for posting the interviews. Of course they'll bring up FNL. Still hoping for that reboot.

I just started the final season of Bloodline since it premiered Friday. I'm too episodes in. Damn it is not any lighter than the previous two seasons.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Thanks for all the Game Night info! I'm excited to see Rachel, Jesse and Kyle together. I think it'll be hilarious.

I missed hearing and seeing Kyle, thanks for posting the interviews. Of course they'll bring up FNL. Still hoping for that reboot.

I just started the final season of Bloodline since it premiered Friday. I'm too episodes in. Damn it is not any lighter than the previous two seasons.
I totally forgot! Not that I've been preoccupied or anything! I can't find my fire stick, but I can watch on my iPad. Woohoo!
Old 05-28-2017, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

I have adored Jason Bateman since middle school.

What exactly is a fire stick? I hear my friends talk about it but I don't really get it.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm on episode 4, I don't think it's really a spoiler, but there's a time hop about five months forward and it's not quite as depressing. Just a different kind of depressing.

Kyle still slays. He's so different in this role.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I have adored Jason Bateman since middle school.

What exactly is a fire stick? I hear my friends talk about it but I don't really get it.
You plug it into your TV and you can play apps from there. I watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime. We have Spotify and YouTube. And there are games the kids like too.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Is it kind of like Apple TV? I just have a wireless DVD player that allows me to watch Netflix/Hulu, etc.

Three episodes left of Bloodline for me. Kyle continues to be excellent, if not super depressing.

What ever happened to the FNL musical that Scott was participating in?
Old 05-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Addicted Fan

It's the Amazon Fire Stick. It's like the Roku streaming sticks if you've ever seen them. You plug it into a USB port on your TV and use the remote to work it. It's preloaded with Amazon Prime, but you can download apps like Netflix, Hulu, etc., and stream using the stick. I've never actually seen an Apple TV but I'm assuming it's similar since Amazon created the Fire Stick to compete with it. I have one and love it. The only drawback is that because they're such competitors, you can't access iTunes from the Fire Stick and you can't access Amazon Prime from the Apple TV.

Here's Amazon's page (I'm not getting any commission. Haha. It was just easier to link to than finding a pic elsewhere).

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Fire-T...rds=Fire+stick

I never watched more of Bloodline since I tested the first episode months ago. I just haven't had time. The clips during Kyle's interviews have looked good, but really intense.

I've wondered about that FNL musical also. It got lots of buzz when it was announced, but then nothing.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Bloodline is really good, it's depressing though, I feel like that's why I almost always try to watch each season in one sitting because it's hard to shake. But it is impeccably acted.

I always forget John Leguizamo is in it too.

I forgot that Connie just did Vulture fest, I need to check in on Michael Shannon too, I know he was there see if he said anything about 'Waco'

Old 05-30-2017, 10:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Speaking of female roles, did anyone else see the Jessica Chastain video from Cannes talking about the quality of female roles? It's awesome. She's awesome!

Either I'm missing her posts or Minka has been quiet on social media lately. Anyone else noticed? Meanwhile, I Googled her to see if any news came up and it was all just gossip about her and Jesse Williams. Which might be why she's lying kind of low. That's unfortunate if the rumors aren't true.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I did see the video. I wish Taylor was still involved with the Dolan project, if not just because he would get to be around and work with Jessica.

Minka has slowly been starting to come back around on social media. She had to disable her IG comments for awhile, she's been doing a lot of live videos but not posting a ton of pictures. Her IG comments were basically all homewrecker comments and people calling her a ****, whore, etc. because of the Jessie Williams thing. She and Jessie worked together on a commercial in Paris sometime earlier this year who knows if something was going on, or if she's just gotten caught in the cross hairs because he and his wife split and Minka is an easy target.

A few weeks back finally responded to a comment with "interesting stuff! Always appreciate when complete strangers come to IG to regurgitate bull**** gossip & clue me in on my life!"

The comments are all in this IG post, she responds a few more times too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUPtk-wg...nkakelly&hl=en

Aimee is being cute in Tokyo with her boyfriend. I can't believe they're still together. There was a rumor like three four years ago that they were engaged.

The pilot Zach was in with Mae Whitman was picked up by NBC, so yay for that.

Part of an interview Kyle did with the Wall Street Journal, just the parts he talks about FNL, Austin, family, etc.

Quote:
Chandler’s salad arrives (he’s making an effort to eat better). “Unfortunately, in real life I don’t know when to shut up,” he says. “But I certainly do when I’ve got a script and my character is going off.” He cites one particularly charged scene from Friday Night Lights in which the dialogue between Chandler and co-star Connie Britton originally ran for two or three pages. But Chandler had other ideas about how to get the point across. “We don’t need to say anything,” he remembers telling director Jeffrey Reiner. “And that’s what we did.”

Friday Night Lights, which premiered on NBC in 2006, finally made Chandler a household name after nearly 20 years in the industry. Over five seasons and 76 episodes, his character, a high school football coach striving to live up to his small town’s expectations and to his own moral code, became as iconic as The Sopranos’ Tony Soprano, Breaking Bad’s Walter White and Mad Men’s Don Draper. (Chandler’s 2011 Emmy victory came at the expense of Jon Hamm, who played Draper.) But while Soprano, White and Draper all benefited from operatic narrative arcs that featured revenge, violence, sex and substance abuse, Coach Taylor, much to Chandler’s credit, rose to television prominence through subtler plot devices: motivational speeches, emotional comebacks and Chandler, beneath a beat-up Dillon Panthers cap, staring down his cast mates.
“Kyle doesn’t exude machismo, but he has this sensitivity and this manliness, like Steve McQueen, that gives off a sense of being able to take care of anything that comes his way,” says Kenneth Lonergan, who directed Chandler in last year’s Manchester by the Sea. “I wanted somebody who could personify the linchpin of a family. He has that gravitas.”

One early Friday Night Lights review in the New York Times compared Chandler to Robert Redford. “I used to dress up as Redford’s character in The Sting as a kid,” Chandler says. Ironically, once the big-ticket Hollywood comparisons began in earnest Chandler decided he no longer wanted to live there. “Kath and I were driving cross-country,” Chandler recalls, “and she asked me, ‘Are you happy with where we are?’ And it struck me – that’s a big question. And I said, ‘No. No, I’m not.’ She goes, ‘I’m not either.’ And there in that second, we decided we’re selling the house in L.A. and moving [to Texas].” Friday Night Lights has been filmed in Austin, and it felt more like home to them.

Their older daughter, Sydney, is studying to be a writer at nearby St. Edward’s University. Her sister, Sawyer, a high school student, has been active in pushing the new state legislation to ban shark finning – the practice of removing fins of a shark, often while it’s still alive, and discarding the animal at sea – along the Texas coast. The Chandlers live on a 33-acre ranch with a one-acre, aerated fishing pond (Chandler stocks it with catfish, noting that “perch and bream didn’t do so well”), a pasture of bluebonnets, three dogs and five pet donkeys.

“There’s Big Daddy Doyle,” Chandler says. “Shashaw is named after my younger daughter’s third-grade best friend who moved to Austria. We’ve also got Red, White Donkey #2, and then there’s Carlos the Drug Dealer. He’s the wily one.” Chandler says he’s looking forward to flying back home in a couple of hours after three months on set, wrapping Bloodline in Florida. He promises the series ends on a strong note but won’t give away any details. “I’ll be re-fencing the pasture, feeding the fish, putting up another wild turkey feeder, spending time with my girls,” he says of his plans back in Texas. “My younger daughter’s getting her driver’s permit tomorrow. We’re going to yank her out of school and make it special.”

Last edited by worthyoflove; 05-31-2017 at 08:10 AM
Old 05-31-2017, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Is the Dolan movie ready for Cannes?
Old 05-31-2017, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Cannes is over but I don't think he's taking it there next year. I'm not sure they're done filming but I remember reading something that he wasn't taking it to Cannes for whatever reason. Might have been on Lainey Gossip where she talked about it.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

So that picture on Twitter (Yourdailykitsch) of the rain scene from Season 1... Why would there be a dry guy in a plaid shirt in the background of that scene??

Also.. why the I'm Not Taylor disclaimer? What happened? Those stories crack me up.

I stayed at work until almost 6 tonight getting work done, then I stopped at the grocery store. My friend was trying to get me to go take a body pump class with her but I was so exhausted. I literally whined... "I haven't sat down since 6am, I am so busy at work, and then I had to go to the store.. Where's the ME time??" haha Just a few of the one liners that I have stolen from our Tim Riggens. Besides, I still am coughing so bad and wheezing. Tomorrow is the last day of my antibiotic. I am better but still having respiratory issues.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Sorry you're still feeling so bad, Kiki.

Re: Kyle's interview -- Man, has he always been so chatty?? lol I don't remember him sharing so much of his private life before, but then again maybe he's just never had as many interviews as he has for Bloodline. Kenneth Lonergan is clearly a fan of his, and I too can see the Steve McQueen quality. I wonder if he'll cast Kyle in a future movie. And you name your donkey "Carlos the Drug Dealer" and a wily one is exactly what you're gonna get.

Re: Minka -- I'm still making my way through those comments. I loved what she said here:

Quote:
minkakelly @minkathecracker @ryanphillippeismahbabydaddy @minkathehomewrecker I've always said that I would never be bullied into responding to buffoonery like this.
I'm feeling generous tonight.
While I don't believe IG is the place for this, and my continuing to respond to you only gives you a pleasure you don't deserve, here goes. Not a single word you have spewed is based in reality, so, I laugh. But to the extent you're taking this, the level of evil and hate you're spewing now only makes me sad for you and all the other trolls out there like you who do this to people while hiding behind some anonymous account in order to make yourself feel some false sense of power. You've been following me for a long time spewing the same silly nonsense so I admire your tenacity but I also fear for your mental stability. This doesn't hurt me or bother me, in fact it makes me feel deeply sorry for you. Continue using my page to release whatever rage you're dealing with if you must.
You're embarrassing yourself. Goodnight.
I had no idea she was being so terribly harassed again -- they did the same thing when she was linked to Wilmer Valderama. She says it doesn't bother her, but that's surely not true.

To not be an A-list actress, she has been dragged through the mud about her personal life so much! Yes they say where there's smoke there's usually fire, and if it is true about her and Jesse (and Wilmer) then she keeps bringing it on herself. But why bother harassing her online about it? Just take note and move on if you don't like her.

But here's the thing: I know she doesn't talk about her boyfriends, but I think it's past time they stop being evasive and just spill the truth. There was a video of him wearing a jacket that says, "Don't believe the hype," or something like that. But that's not enough. He needs to just step up and state that either they are/were in a relationship and everyone should just mind their business, OR state definitively that the rumors aren't true. All the evasiveness only stokes more rumors. And this is different than say Taylor and Rachel. That one wasn't causing negative attention. This rumor is dinging them with both their fan bases. And let's face it, their fan bases aren't all that big to begin with.

Sorry for the long post!
Old 06-01-2017, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's been pretty open previously, I just think he's doing more interviews lately. This is maybe the most info he's given on his daughters before, but they're getting older now. I love when he talks about his donkey's, like on The Chew, they just let them walk in the house sometimes.

I think that Minka and Jesse aren't coming out and explicitly denying any involvement with one another because they are involved. I don't necessarily believe that the relationship started prior to his separation, but it looks bad when they were off in Paris earlier this year, working together, and then suddenly he's filing for divorce. There was also a blind item that ran about three weeks prior to the filing of his divorce that many were guessing was Minka and Jesse. Saw them holding hands and looking loved up in Paris together, so that made people believe she was a homewrecker or whatever.

I think she could be speaking to the rumors not being true because Jesse and his wife were already separated, but who knows. Maybe it's not still going on, maybe it was a fling, but they can't deny it completely because there was involvement.

Regardless, it's not a good look and Minka is taking the brunt of the backlash.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread