Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2019, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Barstool has a new Riggins shirt for sale if anyone is interested. I’m still a sucker for all FNL gear.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love it!
Old 05-24-2019, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know this is Kyle's go-to joke now, but it always still makes me sad to see him sticking to it.

Quote:
Kyle Chandler has ruled out ever having a Friday Night Lights reunion because co-star Connie Britton doesn’t want it.

The actor, who is starring in the latest adaptation of book Catch-22 with George Clooney, dismissed any idea that they could come back for a high school reunion of sorts, and says on-screen wife Connie, who played Tami, is the reason behind it.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk, Kyle joked about his former co-star as he ruled out a reboot and said: ‘Nah, nah – it’s Connie Britton. Connie Britton, she’s pretty miserable. She’s hard to work with and she’s just…’ Keeping the bit going, he added: ‘They’d have me call her up and she’d be like “eurgh, no!” and she hangs up.’ He then turned serious and added: ‘No, really. No she won’t do it.’

Kyle and Connie played married couple Eric and Tami Taylor for the show’s 76 episode, five season run of the drama, which was based around the hopes and dreams of a small-town Texas football team. The show helped launch the career of a number of stars, including Michael B Jordan and Taylor Kitsch among the cast members.

Since Friday Night Lights, Connie has become known for her roles in Nashville, as well as a recurring role in American Horror Story.

In the meantime, Kyle is playing Colonel Cathcart in the new six-part series Catch-22 – an Army middleman who is desperately trying to climb up the chain of command (with very little success). Speaking of his own Catch-22 situations (where you’re trapped in a loop where you can’t win), Kyle joked: ‘I’ve been married for 23 years, so there’s been plenty of them!’

The actor has been married to wife Kathryn since 1995, and together they have two daughters. Catch-22 launches in June on Channel 4.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/16/frida...union-9577174/
Old 05-24-2019, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Haha!
Old 05-26-2019, 09:17 AM
Addicted Fan

There's so much I've missed! Congratulations to Adrianne! She looked beautiful and so happy.

And OMG Jesse and Kirsten's baby looks just like his dad! It's amazing, I saw it immediately!

We knew Kyle was on the cover of Men's Journal, right? Just checking. I saw it in the grocery store last night.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Their baby is super cute.

I didn't know he was on Men's Journal, but here is the cover story, you can ready it at the link. I quoted the FNL portion.

Quote:
3. FIND THE RIGHT CO-PILOT
Before his Emmy-nominated role and the critical success of the Netflix series Bloodline, and before he took parts in films helmed by Martin Scorsese and J.J. Abrams and Kathryn Bigelow, came the actor’s career-defining role: coach Eric Taylor, on NBC’s Friday Night Lights. The drama is still talked about not just for the veracity of its portrayal of life and high school sports in far west Texas, but because of its realistic depiction of marriage and the chemistry between its leads: Chandler and Connie Britton, who played Tami, a guidance counselor, principal, and Eric’s wife.

So how did the pair hash out that relationship? On the road, of course.

“We’d drive from L.A. to Las Cruces to Marfa and then into Austin, where we were shooting,” says Chandler. “I’d ride my motorcycle, and Connie would drive her ’72 Mustang. One year I drove behind her, and that car was running so lean, I was stoned the whole time from the fumes.”

Britton says that the first time they caravanned, Friday Night Lights executive producer Peter Berg was sure the pair would sleep together and cause havoc for the production. “That did not happen,” says Britton. “But it was such a great way to bond and also to just sort of leave Hollywood behind and really drive into the world that we were gonna be inhabiting. On those road trips, we were creating our own dynamic.”

he pair’s dialogue, much of it improvised, has a push-and-pull rhythm that makes the couple’s conversations seem ultrareal, like something that you’d hear over the fence, or, if you’re lucky, inside your own house. Both got Emmy nominations—Chandler won in 2011. “I knew that if I fell backward, she’d always grab me right before I hit the ground, and vice versa,” he says. “I would start getting after her, and she’d back up in the defensive, but she always knew I’d give her room to come back at me.”

Chandler says that the scripts served as road maps—dirt roads they’d improvise off of. The series was shot on Super 16 film with handheld cameras in natural light, in real restaurants and other venues, with real people as extras. Actors would just wander into scenes and start saying lines, no “action” needed—just like walking into a room. “It was alive, and that’s what I think made that show so great,” Chandler says. “I’ve taken that to everything I’ve done.”

The results of that approach resonated. People still shout “Coach!” at Chandler in public, whether in San Marcos or Santa Monica. Yesterday in a Las Cruces grocery store, a kid asked Chandler for life advice. “Just give me anything,” he’d said. Forced to come up with something, the actor shared a staple: “Nobody is any better than me. I’m no better than anyone else.”
https://www.mensjournal.com/features...-mens-journal/
Old 05-26-2019, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He always looks great!
Old 05-27-2019, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He does. There is also one of him with a dog.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

I knew this, but I actually don't know who her father is.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)

I knew this, but I actually don't know who her father is.
That’s cool! I’m sure he has stories to tell!
Old 05-27-2019, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From what I understand, I don't know that Minka had a close relationship with her dad until after her mother passed away. I could be wrong. I just know that she talked about it a lot more back when FNL first started, but I always forget her mother died while she was on FNL.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Zach's new show premieres, but confused how you watch it if you don't have Spectrum.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don’t get it being on spectrum only. There are sooo many people who don’t have spectrum as a choice... how do you market that?
Old 05-27-2019, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't know, this is such a weird time in tv and how it's distributed. I don't have the option of Spectrum here in Michigan, I don't think anyone does, so if I want to watch it I...illegally download it? I wait for it to be available on another streaming service? I don't know.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:59 PM
Addicted Fan

I didn't realize (or forgot) he was on that. I'm like you guys, I don't have Spectrum and have no idea how to watch.

I also didn't realize (or also forgot) that Kyle and Connie didn't actually ride in a car together but in separate vehicles!

I love this: "I knew that if I fell backward, she’d always grab me right before I hit the ground, and vice versa,” he says.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread