Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2020, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love Coach's "Shut up..." whenever the players start moaning.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He does say they're covered by the school, but I guarantee there is something that every one of those players signed before the season started about being liable for injuries during games/practice etc. They'd have to prove negligence, which I guess in essence is what they're doing.
The town would rally around them and install ramps and help remodel the house. I get that there are still forever and ongoing expenses.

It’s not like his parents said he needs to know how to block and then the coaches ignored that request and then he got hurt.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

I'm here. I have a friend over and we are finishing The Irishman, but I will chime in

I felt so bad for coach getting sued but I get that Jason's family needs the money to take care of him properly. ****ty situation. I don't like that people are sue happy now a days but sometimes it's warranted. Do you remember when the alligator came out of the pond at Disney World and literally dragged and ate a 2 year old? That family didn't sue. See now.. I would have sued for that!! And I don't know why I remember that newscast so specifically.

In NJ there was recently a case when a 3rd base coach told a runner to slide and the kid got hurt. The family sued the coach. They didn't win.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Buddy: "those are just people ... you are my quarterback"
Old 01-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's insane about them suing when he slid into third. There are absolutely times that you need to be compensated. I do feel bad for the Street family, their financials are in a bad spot so they have to do this...but it's tough.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
Buddy: "those are just people ... you are my quarterback"
Buddy has some great lines in the next few episodes. I think the next episode is when he tells Tim his timing is terrible in which Tim responds, "I get that alot."
Old 01-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love Coach's "Shut up..." whenever the players start moaning.
I tell my students that moaning means two things.. 1. I'm hurt and I need help, or 2. I'm too lazy to try and do what you are asking me to do, so you better be bleeding if I hear you moaning. Of course I say it jokingly, but they get the point.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That's insane about them suing when he slid into third. There are absolutely times that you need to be compensated. I do feel bad for the Street family, their financials are in a bad spot so they have to do this...but it's tough.
I don't really like Coach going to Mitch and trying to talk him out of the lawsuit. Its desperate, not to mention, really puts Jason's dad in a tougher spot then he probably already feels he's in.
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I'm here. I have a friend over and we are finishing The Irishman, but I will chime in

I felt so bad for coach getting sued but I get that Jason's family needs the money to take care of him properly. ****ty situation. I don't like that people are sue happy now a days but sometimes it's warranted. Do you remember when the alligator came out of the pond at Disney World and literally dragged and ate a 2 year old? That family didn't sue. See now.. I would have sued for that!! And I don't know why I remember that newscast so specifically.

In NJ there was recently a case when a 3rd base coach told a runner to slide and the kid got hurt. The family sued the coach. They didn't win.
Disney probably wouldn’t have been found liable. They seem to avoid stuff like that. Also, the family might not have wanted to relive it while it drug on...and no amount of money would bring their baby back,... I dunno.
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There are few things I hate more than whining.

Waverly is so great. She and Smash are kind of an odd match though. I agree with her, they have nothing in common. Though I do appreciate Smash's effort, until he lies about his interests.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I don't really like Coach going to Mitch and trying to talk him out of the lawsuit. Its desperate, not to mention, really puts Jason's dad in a tougher spot then he probably already feels he's in.
Not to mention Jason's dad was right, he can't talk to Coach about it. Once papers have been served and there are lawyers involved you can't directly contact another party in the lawsuit, you have to go through your attorneys. I had to so gently explain that to some clients today.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I think he was hoping it would change his mind.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
There are few things I hate more than whining.

Waverly is so great. She and Smash are kind of an odd match though. I agree with her, they have nothing in common. Though I do appreciate Smash's effort, until he lies about his interests.
Waverly is right - they have very little in common (except maybe they belong to the same church.) They do make a cute couple though.

"Waverlash" is hilarious.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love the giant contrast between scenes with Tyra's family and the Taylor's house.

Also love how quickly Julie's anger turns to just bewilderment that Matt has to do all of that. And love even more Coach hating how concerned Julie is.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Disney probably wouldn’t have been found liable. They seem to avoid stuff like that. Also, the family might not have wanted to relive it while it drug on...and no amount of money would bring their baby back,... I dunno.
That's probably exactly what the family was thinking. But that was some crazy ****.

Love Waverly.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread