Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
Julie hasn't seemed so bad the second time of watching. I actually feel quite sorry for her as between her dad being coach, her Mam being principal and baby sister (who so far doesn't seem to have even been mentioned in season 3!), she doesn't really get much attention from her parents. Plus, I keep reminding myself, she's a teenage girl. We all know how hard that is to be!!
There's a podcast that we've all listened to, although I think I'm the only one who still does. The girls that run it can be a little annoying and a little harsh, but they said the same thing. The whole Julie sleeping with her teacher in college thing was handled very badly. She was taken advantage of and her parents didn't really support her. They were annoyed with her.

Re: the Canadian girls Podcast. They are doing two more and then they are completely done! It's been 2 1/2 years. Although they do annoy me at times, I love that they take me into the FNL world for an hour or so. I'm going to miss their podcast.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't really know how podcasts work. What is this one?
Old 07-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't really know how podcasts work. What is this one?
cleareyesfullheartsplusbooze
Old 07-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Thank you! I was just on Instagram and realised I follow this podcast so just came on here to check it was the right one. I'll have to check it out. Thank you

Edited to add: thank you! I've just installed an app and taught myself how to download podcasts. Can't believe I've never done this before!

I'm listening to CEFHPB now.

Last edited by ThirtyThree; 07-08-2018 at 08:47 AM
Old 07-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I can't believe they're almost done. I think I might start it over because I can't remember when I stopped listening to it. Maybe season 4?

If you're looking for another FNL podcast there is a newer one. I have yet to listen to it but they're consistently recording and don't seem to be giving up any time soon:

Old 07-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I listened to the first one and about half of the second. I feel like I'd get on well with those girls! Ha ha!

I particularly liked the second one where they are comparing FNL to Gilmore Girls. . . Mainly because they say that Riggins is Jess! Jess is my favourite and Milo was my big crush until I clapped eyes on Taylor!

I'm enjoying it so far. I'll check out that other one too. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Do I want to take on the task of another podcast? Can't hurt, I usually listen in the car anyhow. Once I start though, I will have to finish it.

In my list of shows, I'm currently flipping between Season 4 of Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Season 1 of Nashville, Season 1 of Sherlock and rewatches of Vampire Diaries, Weeds, and Glee. That's barely touching the surface of my list. Which I've already depleted quite a bit. I keep adding to it. Plus all my weekly shows like RHONY, Teen Mom, and right now, Pose that I watch in real time. I didn't start Big Brother though. I opted out this summer.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Do I want to take on the task of another podcast? Can't hurt, I usually listen in the car anyhow. Once I start though, I will have to finish it.

In my list of shows, I'm currently flipping between Season 4 of Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Season 1 of Nashville, Season 1 of Sherlock and rewatches of Vampire Diaries, Weeds, and Glee. That's barely touching the surface of my list. Which I've already depleted quite a bit. I keep adding to it. Plus all my weekly shows like RHONY, Teen Mom, and right now, Pose that I watch in real time. I didn't start Big Brother though. I opted out this summer.
We watched loads of Always Sunny. . . last year but stopped for some reason. I feel like we may be up to season 5 possibly. I cringe watching it as the characters are all so awful to each other!

We've watched all of Sherlock too. I really like Martin Freeman, ever since the Office (UK version). Which reminds me, we started Fargo last week. I'm enjoying that
Old 07-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I need to get back into my podcasts. I literally did not listen to one for like a month and then hoarded them all so I had them to listen to on my flight to Nashville and then the other trips I have coming up.

I hope the Texas Forever podcast is good. I mean as much as I'd love the content it's all about the podcasters for me. If it's someone who I can't listen to or their voice bothers me I'm not going to be able to stick with it.

I was going to mention earlier when you guys were talking about Julie. When I originally watched the series I was 22 years old and obviously much closer to her age and super annoyed with any and all teenagers. Over the years rewatching I do feel bad for Julie, she's kind of awful but she is kind of a loner for whatever reason, whether they moved a lot (which is implied) the fact that her relationships will always be affected by who her parents are, a bit of a social status thrown upon her because of who her parents are. And yes, her parents didn't pay a ton of attention to her other than to be WAY overbearing in a lot of instances. The sleeping with a TA thing is whatever, it happens. I can't even fault her for that. He should have known better and he led her on by implying that his marriage was over when it clearly wasn't.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
We watched loads of Always Sunny. . . last year but stopped for some reason. I feel like we may be up to season 5 possibly. I cringe watching it as the characters are all so awful to each other!

We've watched all of Sherlock too. I really like Martin Freeman, ever since the Office (UK version). Which reminds me, we started Fargo last week. I'm enjoying that
Always Sunny is so out there, but I find myself laughing out loud. My only problem with it is that only Danny DeVito attempts a Philly accent AND most of the scenes are not filmed there. I am from there so I wish they would have enveloped more of the essence of the city.

Sherlock is great, but you have to pay attention every second. That's not easy for me. Currently I'm obsessed with the fact that Benedict Cumberbatch and Axl from The Middle look like they could be brothers. They look so similar.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Re: the Canadian girls Podcast. They are doing two more and then they are completely done! It's been 2 1/2 years. Although they do annoy me at times, I love that they take me into the FNL world for an hour or so. I'm going to miss their podcast.
You are a saint for hanging in there and continuing to listen to them.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

I started the Texas Forever podcast. I only listened to the first 15 minutes. So far, I like them, but they haven't really gotten into anything yet. I guess I will rewatch as I listen. Seems like we are all doing our own rewatches and then coming here to discuss. I'm okay with that. lol

But I would like to do a TD rewatch soon. I should be good around 9:30 pm any night this week.

I found out yesterday that my friend that lives in Dallas moved to Phoenix. I was planning to visit him and make a Texas trip out of it. Oh well. No one here really just goes to Texas for vacation randomly... only if you have a reason for being there. But I'd like to.

In honor of Canada Day last week, I stuffed myself with poutine at midnight last night. .. aka Disco Fries from the diner. Very healthy. I am literally still full and haven't eaten today.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Texas Forever one is the older ladies? I think I listened to one or two. The main issue I have with podcasts is they eat up all my available space on my ipad. I guess I need to listen from my laptop.

Texas is a great vacation destination. We have a lot fun things here in Dallas and Ft. Worth and wineries & distilleries in the hill country. I wouldn't vaca in west Texas or Houston, but I mean... we have a coast and beaches in Galveston, Corpus, and South Padre. Dallas has professional baseball, football, basketball, and hockey. The star in Frisco, amusement and water parks, JFK Museum, Perot Museum and more. Ft. Worth has the stockyards... that's what most people think of when they think of Texas. Ft. Worth and Houston both have really big rodeos.

Carb loaded. You'll be good all day.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Double post.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't generally download them, I just stream them with the podcast app. I actually have no idea how old they are. I thought they looked like they were 30 somethings, but maybe I'm wrong. I have yet to listen to the Texas Forever pod so I can't vouche for it.

Friend that I introduced FNL to a little over a week and a half ago is into season 4.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread