Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

FNL Rewatch Thread #20: Because Why Would You Want To Leave Texas?

The Official Rewatch Thread!

We will watch an episode all at the same time and comment live!

Old 07-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I just got a five minute voice text from my friend asking me what I'd done to her life by introducing FNL and all her thoughts. I left her on Tuesday at episode 9, she's already well into season 2 when Landry admits to the murder. She finally gets the Tim love. I love roping new people in to my obsession with this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree (View Post)
Ah yes,I've seen it, but just the once. I know they keep the baby, I just thought it might've been mentioned now. Smash just left on the episode I watched last night, so that means I have Riggins and Street in New York to look forward to!
Quote:
Sorry, I forget sometimes as someone who has seen the show over and over again little things are I'm sure much easier for me to remember. Yeah, there are some things that aren't brought up that oddly should be. Like, Tim never talks about Tyra's rape, nobody really does. In such a small town wouldn't that have been a much much bigger deal?

Also the baby. You'd think it would just be mentioned in passing.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Tftnt!
Old 07-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, you would think these things would be mentioned!

I also hate that Tyra prevented Landry and Jean getting together, only to drop him like a hot potato shortly afterwards!
Old 07-05-2018, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Tyra was kind of terrible to Landry most of the time. She loved that he gave her the attention and I think she did like him to an extent but she led him on like crazy.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 07-05-2018 at 09:33 PM
Old 07-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm watching my favorite season 2 episode... the tornado. Julie's friend just asked what Tim smells like. She asks what we are thinking.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I'm watching my favorite season 2 episode... the tornado. Julie's friend just asked what Tim smells like. She asks what we are thinking.
Love this entire episode (apart from Tim getting kicked out of the Taylors'. . . We definitely needed more of that!) So much Timmy goodness!
Old 07-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I still wish they would have explored a potential Julie/Tim pairing or at least flirted with the idea just so we could see Coach flip about it all.

I actually continued on with my rewatch last night where I left off with my friend. Nevermind, might be my favorite episode of season one. Landry and Tim are so good together.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Tim wanted the easy lay. That was NOT Julie.

Quote:
I still wish they would have explored a potential Julie/Tim pairing or at least flirted with the idea just so we could see Coach flip about it all.

I actually continued on with my rewatch last night where I left off with my friend. Nevermind, might be my favorite episode of season one. Landry and Tim are so good together.
That's a great episode too.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Tim wanted the easy lay but also would put the work in, he certainly did for Lyla. I just don't think he'd do it because he respected Coach too much.

I think Nevermind was the first time I thought Tim had something more going on than just the brooding drunk guy.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Because he really loved Lyla. I agree, he wouldn't do that to Coach.

Quote:
Tim wanted the easy lay but also would put the work in, he certainly did for Lyla. I just don't think he'd do it because he respected Coach too much.

I think Nevermind was the first time I thought Tim had something more going on than just the brooding drunk guy.
"I can read you idiot, I just chose not to."
Old 07-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Nevermind is the best. I love when he goes to see him play at the end. Pulled at my heart strings.

NO NO to Tim and Julie. NOTHING likable about her.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Nothing likable about Julie, true. But they just appeal to me together for whatever reason.

Yeah going to see Landry at the end to thank him was very not typical Tim up to that point so it was sweet to see.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)

NO NO to Tim and Julie. NOTHING likable about her.
I second this!
Old 07-07-2018, 05:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Julie hasn't seemed so bad the second time of watching. I actually feel quite sorry for her as between her dad being coach, her Mam being principal and baby sister (who so far doesn't seem to have even been mentioned in season 3!), she doesn't really get much attention from her parents. Plus, I keep reminding myself, she's a teenage girl. We all know how hard that is to be!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread