Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

FNL Rewatch Thread #14: Because It's Always Texas Forever For Us

The Official Rewatch Thread!

We will watch an episode all at the same time and comment live!

Previous Rewatch threads:
Thread One Once is Never Enough
Thread Two We Can Watch Again and Again
Thread Three Because We Just Can't Get Enough
Thread Four Because You Can't Watch Just Once
Thread Five Because Season 3 Is All About Tim
Thread Six Because, Texas Forever
Thread Seven Because We'll Never Get Tired of Watching Again and Again
Thread Eight Because we're not ready for it to end
Thread Nine Because it's so hard to say goodbye
Old 06-22-2017, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

New thread, just finished the best Tim episode ever...with the worst episode ever!

Old 06-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
This Riley kid that was hitting on Julie was actually someone who worked on the FNL film crew that they just plucked to be in that scene.
He seemed so young.

I am AWESOME at beer pong! I hadn't played in 20 years, but I played it just this passed weekend and I still got it! So funny that you brought it up.

Why do you think Tyra is not accepting of her feelings for Landry? Because he is supposed to be a dork maybe??? I hate that they don't end up together.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've never really played beer pong or quarters.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't know if she just isn't really attracted to him. I hate that I identify her in this way but I feel like she thinks of him as a really great friend, she recognizes he's the kind of guy she should be interested in but she just can't get over that she's not attracted to him. When she's talking to Julie she mentions he's funny and kind twice but nothing about thinking he's cute or good looking. Maybe I'm reading too much into that. What else would be holding her back?

But I do hate that they don't end up together, I feel like Landry is the kind of guy that you would grow to love.

We play this hybrid version of beer pong called crossbones. My friend Mary and I slay at that game. We always beat all the boys.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We get a lot of Taylor smiling and being funny, so the good outweighs the bad in this episode.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This episode is all good minus the end. If anything I'm pissed at the writers for not milking Tim at the Taylor's for a few more episodes. But at least we get Coach apologizing to Tim the next episode. I do love that scene.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Landry is quirky but sweet.

Quote:
I don't know if she just isn't really attracted to him. I hate that I identify her in this way but I feel like she thinks of him as a really great friend, she recognizes he's the kind of guy she should be interested in but she just can't get over that she's not attracted to him. When she's talking to Julie she mentions he's funny and kind twice but nothing about thinking he's cute or good looking. Maybe I'm reading too much into that. What else would be holding her back?

But I do hate that they don't end up together, I feel like Landry is the kind of guy that you would grow to love.

We play this hybrid version of beer pong called crossbones. My friend Mary and I slay at that game. We always beat all the boys.
Good girl!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
This episode is all good minus the end. If anything I'm pissed at the writers for not milking Tim at the Taylor's for a few more episodes. But at least we get Coach apologizing to Tim the next episode. I do love that scene.
It is hard to get an apology out of Eric...just ask Tami.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Deadline for what?
This quote was from the other night. I had started to respond but never sent it. I do some freelance work for extra money. Currently I am writing science curriculum and had a syllabus deadline Tuesday at midnight. I of course leave everything to the last minute and literally worked until 11:57. I meet with my committee the week after I get back from Montreal and will have to actually go into a office and meet face to face with people. haha. I hate 'working' during the summer. Somehow it seems like less work when you can do it all from your laptop on the couch.

Quote:
I remember the first time I watched FNL. I was so happy that anguish of Coach being mad at him only lasted one episode.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That sounds like fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
This quote was from the other night. I had started to respond but never sent it. I do some freelance work for extra money. Currently I am writing science curriculum and had a syllabus deadline Tuesday at midnight. I of course leave everything to the last minute and literally worked until 11:57. I meet with my committee the week after I get back from Montreal and will have to actually go into a office and meet face to face with people. haha. I hate 'working' during the summer. Somehow it seems like less work when you can do it all from your laptop on the couch.

I remember the first time I watched FNL. I was so happy that anguish of Coach being mad at him only lasted one episode.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Working from home on your laptop always seems like less work. I have a seminar I have to give a talk at in August, but the material is due this coming week. So same boat as you, I'm trying to crank it out but I'm totally distracted and I'm sure I'll wait until the absolute last minute to get it completed.

I was more heartbroken TIm wouldn't be at the Taylor's any longer than anything.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Rewatch tonight?
Old 06-27-2017, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

For sure, I'm ready to watch Coach apologize to poor Tim.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ready to rewatch? About to press play.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread