Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love that you can recognize my state. Being Texan, I think everyone should recognize my state, but I don't expect that everyone will. I'm not sure as could name all the countries in Europe just by shape if they were randomly on tshirts.

Yay! For the new thread. Thank you!
Old 04-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

When I was in Amsterdam (I spent about a month in The Netherlands when my then boyfriend was playing hockey over there) I actually had someone ask to show me where I lived on their hand when I told them I lived in Michigan.

I was kind of shocked, that's usually just a Michigander thing to know to do. But it turned out he had been to Michigan before. But then I had it happen again when we were in France, so I guess it is ignorant for me to believe that just because I'm not on top of my European geography that most Europeans don't know anything about the States.

Oh and speaking of that Iceland trip he randomly took by himself, I found that fan encounter picture.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:25 AM
New Fan

I would recognise most european countries by shape and name. The Baltic States that used to be part of USSR, and left when Russia was formed, can catch me out. Similarly, I know all the US states but I might not recognise the middle US ones just by shape.

I think the one thing I envy the US states for is the low population levels per square mile you have. Take Texas, it's the size of France with a third the population. A fifth of the UK population but twice the land mass. That must be nice but you miss out on the history that oozes out of European soil. Within 15 mins, I have pre-historix standing stone, roman roads, medieval castles and Victorian seaside esplanades.

I live in Wales; which is a principality of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. I am a subject of HM Queen Elizabeth II and, come to think of it, so is Taylor Kitsch. (ROFL. Had to find a link somehow!)
Old 04-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Trust me, not everyone in the U.S. media is dumb enough to not know where Turkey is.

My only reason for pointing out his shirt and the thing about Americans traveling overseas is that he is wearing a shirt with Texas on it. It's been my experience that people outside the U.S. know much more about our country, including its geography, than the average American knows about theirs.

Americans do still routinely get warnings about traveling overseas from our government, even now. But as I also pointed out, he's in Italy, not a particularly troubled or volatile country where -- I'm assuming -- you have to be extra vigilant being American.

Taylor lives in the U.S. but is of course still Canadian true and true.

I assumed the girls in the photo were North American.

Sorry to sound snarky. It just irks me when non-Americans assume ALL of us are just the stereotypical dumb American. An Australian friend of mine used to be really condescending about it and he drove me nuts. Many in the U.S. are indeed lacking in knowledge of the world and international affairs. Just not ALL of us.

Sorry -- I'm sure you meant no harm. I really need to start having my caffeine before I post.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 04-11-2016 at 12:17 PM
Old 04-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt, cute pic!
Old 04-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

In America we have world history, in high school for one year. Interestingly enough, I didn't have to take world geography as I was an honor student. I did take world geography in college though. That was a long time ago and I've slept since then.

Ireland is on my must see list. I've been to London, that's the only city in the UK I've been too. Unless you count Dover, but that was just the train station.
I adore London! I still remember the feeling I had when I stepped off the train. It was something almost magical. I've been threatening to move to London for over 20 years. It was by far my favorite city I've visited in Europe. I was only there for a few days, but it was enough to steal my heart. I loved the tubes. The underground is truly exceptional. The metro in Paris was awful. I could have spent days in the British museum!

My husband was stationed in Berlin in the late 80's. His job was to guard the wall, and he was there when it came down. His favorite favorite country is Germany. I agree with him; it's a beautiful country and the sweetest people, but it is way too cold for me.

I love the space of Texas. I don't even have to look across the pond to appreciate it. One look at NYC and I'm so grateful for our sprawling suburbs.

There is certainly history in Texas, something we spend a lot of time learning in school. Texas is unique as we are the only state that was once a republic. We aren't Midwest, we aren't truly Southern; we really are like our own country.

There is far more US history on the east coast, but obviously nothing that can touch what is in Europe. I love the castles, museums, churches, the cobblestone streets. It was so easy to drive everywhere. We rented a car and drove through most all the countries we visited. We only took a train a few times.

I hope Taylor ventures outside of Florence. He's really close to Rome and Pisa. Venice isn't too far north. I really liked Venice for the old world feel and gorgeous views of the Mediterranean. We won't know til someone spots him!

I've talked myself into a need to plan a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantetagrum (View Post)
I would recognise most european countries by shape and name. The Baltic States that used to be part of USSR, and left when Russia was formed, can catch me out. Similarly, I know all the US states but I might not recognise the middle US ones just by shape.

I think the one thing I envy the US states for is the low population levels per square mile you have. Take Texas, it's the size of France with a third the population. A fifth of the UK population but twice the land mass. That must be nice but you miss out on the history that oozes out of European soil. Within 15 mins, I have pre-historix standing stone, roman roads, medieval castles and Victorian seaside esplanades.

I live in Wales; which is a principality of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. I am a subject of HM Queen Elizabeth II and, come to think of it, so is Taylor Kitsch. (ROFL. Had to find a link somehow!)
Old 04-11-2016, 03:48 PM
New Fan

That's hysterical. Don't you just love stereotypes.

ALL Americans are dumb, everyone knows that. Just like ALL Canadians are polite, ALL Irish are mad, ALL Italians are cowards and ALL Brits are snobs. So untrue. I've met loads of educated Americans (they seem to be the majority of History Professors in the UK), a couple of rude Canadians and Italian military personnel who were surprisingly fierce. Only upperclass Brits are snobs (and that's a stereotype too).

However, ALL French are frogs and smell of mouldy cheese, Germans only have a Plan A, no Plan B for anything and you can set your watch by Swiss trains. (I am so bad saying that. Got to get a dig in at the neighbours.)

Actually, Kitchensunk tell your Aussie pal, he is a cheeky "bugger" and if he is not really your mate, remind him he is from convict stock. His ancestors were thieves and worse. Deported scum of the Pom underbelly.

Having wandered through everyones hackles shall we reach a Taylor Entente Kitsch Cordiale that
Taylor Kitsch yn hardd iawn
or in italian
Taylor Kitsch รจ molto bello
Old 04-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow this thread just took an interesting turn. I happen to very good at geography, being that I teach it!! lol, and am always astounded when people don't know things about the world that I think they should. Anyhow... I am actually in the process right now of booking a trip to Ireland in July. A few things need to fall into place first.

Someone in one of the previous posts wrote that Taylor was introverted. I know he likes to do things alone sometimes and is private, but I also feel like he is really friendly and makes relationships on almost every set he's on, which I find impressive. I don't know if I would use the word introverted to describe him.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't know if he's super introverted, he does seem to do a lot of stuff on his own but I do think he just has a really close circle of friends, probably people we have no idea about because it's just so tight. Like all his hockey league friends, we have no idea who they are but they exist I'm sure.

I love all the posting, but I'm going to steer it back to Taylor in Florence...I wonder if he's moved on from there now that there hasn't been a sighting since Friday night. Maybe if he's away from all the exchange students he's not as recognizable...

And with that, Cantetagrum, love that you're from Wales. How did you become a Taylor fan? Friday Night Lights?
Old 04-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh my goodness, board is so slow. Sorry double post.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 04-11-2016 at 05:32 PM
Old 04-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I tried to end my monologue back in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I hope Taylor ventures outside of Florence. He's really close to Rome and Pisa. Venice isn't too far north. I really liked Venice for the old world feel and gorgeous views of the Mediterranean. We won't know til someone spots him!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:01 PM
New Fan

John Carter...
which was panned but I bought it on a whim.

Loved it. I've watched it many times.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:09 PM
New Fan

Have you seen these tweets

Karla Lopez @forever_karla16

Apparently Tim Riggins was in Florence this past Thursday for like a week and I missed him... ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ now he's motorcycling through Europe

Karla Lopez @forever_karla16
@eemeryy he's half way to Croatia now and my life is over ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’–

This sounds like she talked to someone who talked to him??
No photo so can't verify.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Awesome, thank you for finding those! That makes sense, he takes quite a few motorcycle trips. I wonder if he's with some of his motorcycle buddies, like Josh Pence is one of them. I wonder if she was just exaggerating with the Croatia thing or if he's actually going there, maybe she means he's probably in Venice by now. What a cool trip though, I'm seriously jealous.

Like someone said last thread he's hard to pin down, I've been a fan of his for ten years and he's still surprising.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 04-11-2016 at 06:40 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread