Old 02-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It came out in 1991.
He does look a few drinks in! Haha!
Old 02-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Rent/buy/download/stream Thelma and Louise. This goes for any lurkers out there too. It's worth it.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So I have a terrible time enjoying movies that are older. There are some movies that I've had friends sit me down and make me watch...Wizard of Oz I didn't see until a few years ago, hated it.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Thelma and Louise isn't THAT old. lol Geez, I'm suddenly feeling ancient.

I think I rewatched it on cable a year or so ago, and it's surprising how relevant it still is today in terms of how women are treated. Plus, Brad Pitt in those jeans....

Wait. WHAT?!? You hated the Wizard of Oz???
Old 02-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'd seen bits and pieces of it over the years but yes, hated it.

I watched the trailer, it looks cute, Gina Davis is gorgeous. I'll give it a shot at some point. I didn't ever find younger Brad Pitt hot until I saw Legends of the Fall...again a movie I was forced to watch by a friend in college.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know we’ve discussed this, but I stil don’t know how one hates the wizard of oz.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm a terrible person with horrible taste in movies I guess...no I just avoided it for so long because the parts I saw I didn't like and I didn't feel any different after seeing the full thing.

I assume he's either traveling to or already at Atlantis. They taped two shows today...

This is back from his time in London when he was filming AA.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, it IS kind of a trippy movie. I mean, houses landing on witches?? Flying monkeys??? I could see not liking it, especially if you first saw it as an adult. We watched it every Easter on TV, so like a lot of people it's just one of those movies you assume everyone knows and likes.

This is so stupid and pointless. In the GQ article, Taylor says one of the ways he decompressed after Waco was watching "****ty movies." I instantly thought about the fan encounter of him at "Baby Driver" in London. These two facts may be completely unrelated. lol It's just that I remember getting all excited he was spotted at a movie and wanted to know so bad what he thought of it.

See, I told you it was stupid and pointless. I think I'm just still giddy about the Eagles. lol
Old 02-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's not stupid, I'm always hoping they'll ask him what he's currently watching or seeing. It's one of my favorite things to find out what movie he was spotted seeing. I loved when a fan saw him at Zero Dark Thirty because of the Kyle connection.

I immediately wanted to go back to April-June movie releases in 2017 to see what was out.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He mentioned the really bad movies again...now I'm really going to have to look back and see what terrible movies were out Guardians of the Galaxy 2, The Mummy, etc.

I'm surprised we haven't seen any fan encounters down in Atlantis if he's roaming around, but...I know he mentioned that he's going to South America this month with a friend. I wonder if he's going to go and see Pete while he's there, he's filming in Bogota, Columbia. Would not shock me if that's part of the trip.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He mentioned the really bad movies again...now I'm really going to have to look back and see what terrible movies were out Guardians of the Galaxy 2, The Mummy, etc.

I'm surprised we haven't seen any fan encounters down in Atlantis if he's roaming around, but...I know he mentioned that he's going to South America this month with a friend. I wonder if he's going to go and see Pete while he's there, he's filming in Bogota, Columbia. Would not shock me if that's part of the trip.
Maybe he hasn’t been out much. It sure is prettier there than home right now. It’s cold, rainy and we haven’t seen the sun in three days. Good time to go to an island!
Old 02-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Total Fan

Amanda is the first person that I have ever known who didn't like the Wizard of Oz, aside from a few small children who were afraid of it. But I didn't like E.T. so I guess to each his own.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I blame my parents because I honestly believe that your love of that movie is the direct correlation to equating it to your childhood and that nostalgic feeling. I never saw it as a kid so I didn't have that connection.

I was weird though, my favorite movies as a kid were Little Shop of Horrors and Tremors, I kid you not.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)

There were a LOT of bad movies in April-June. He had plenty to choose from. Haha.

I agree, it is odd that even with all the traveling he's done the last few weeks, and with his face everywhere on TV and in ads, there have been hardly any fan encounters.

I can't not watch Tremors when I spot it on TV. The last time was just about three weeks ago, and I decided it's officially one of my all-time favorites. It's so fun! It still makes me laugh, and Mindy on that pogo stick STILL makes me hold my breath. Haha. I checked imdb to see if the actress who played the scientist had been in anything lately but it turns out she hasn't done anything in years. I liked her.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread